CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hawaii golf

7 Iron Ace-IT is on a distinguished road Ace-IT's Avatar

Hawaii golf

Enough with this crappy winter, leaving for Hawaii in few days, will be playing a total of 10 differents golf course on two different island (Maui and Kauai).
    Here is the list of golf course...

in Maui
    Kapalua Plantation
    King Kamehameha (not sure if I got the right spelling)
    Wailea Emerald GC
    Wailea Gold GC
    Kaanapali Royal gold

in Kauai
    Kauai Lagoons GC
    Princeville Makai GC
    Princeville at Hanalei GC
    Poipu Bay GC
    Kiahuna GC

Lots of fun expected...

Sand Wedge golfman1422 is on a distinguished road
    Let me know how the golf on Kauai cause I'm going in the fall
    Thanks have fun

Par Dax is on a distinguished road
    You will love golfing on the isalnds. I have played all of the courses on Maui and the ones you listed are all of the top ones. Enjoy, I can't wait to get there on the 11th.

Recommend playing all of the courses in the morning if you can, as when the trade winds are blowing it could make for a difficult round.

Dax, all the games will be played around 8:15 in tne morning except Kapalua plantation. I might regret to start in the pm for that course but we didn't have a choice since this is the first day we will be there.

I would not worry about your tee off time at the plantation. This course is on the North side of the island and if the weather is bad it is bad pretty much all day. Its the weather that I find really protects the course and so if it is a great day, then you are lucky. I have played the course in rain and sunshine and enjoyed each round just as much as the other (just don't let the wind get to you if it starts blowing as this could really throw an enjoyable round out the window very quickly - I see it as good practice for playing in the wind back here in Calgary as it will never get that windy here). I hope that you have a lot of fun and enjoy the views (don't forget to look out into the ocean a few times when you get a chance as this time of year you can often see some whales jumping off in the distance).

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    Interesting thread. I'm heading to Waikiki in July/August and am following along with interest.
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

I wish that I had suggestions for Oahu, but when we go it is only for a very short shopping trip with my wife, but at least this allows me more time for golf on Maui and Lanai

Golf update in Maui

Leaving Maui today to Kauai.
    Here is my review on the golf that I played so far.

As expected, Kapalua Plantation is top notch, condition of the course was pristine, client service excellent, only bad point is the wind!! Played the game with winds around 30mph, this course is VERY challenging.

King Kamehameha, both Wailea (Gold and Emerald) are very nice golf courses, nice views of the ocean on almost every hole...I would put them equal.

Royal Kaanapali, ok golf course, condition was not as good as the other 4 we played before, customer service is missing something.... NO water in a cooler when you start, at the range before the game, the guy gave us a little basket with about 10 balls to warm up for TWO players... I said we are 2 golfers, he replied the paper I gave him says only 1 basket for 2 players and we must have played half price that's the reason we only have 1 basket... We told him....huh excuse me but at $199/person for a tee time I don't think it's half price!

Anyway, I didn'have time to argue since we had 15 mins to practice before teeing off.

Since all other courses is as many balls as you want, I think they need to change their procedure at the range.

Other than that very happy with the trip so far, can't wait to golf in Kauai Friday!!

I hope you have fun on Kauai, I'm back to Maui tomorrow and can't wait. The wind will definately toughen you up for when you play in wind back home! I'm sure you were exhausted after that round, but it is a great course.

Golf update Kauai

Hi folks,
    This is my review of some golfing in Kauai
    In my 10 rounds of golf I was expecting at least one day of rain, but not at all, no rain gear or umbrella needed...that was cool!

Princeville - Prince course at Hanalei
    This was a WOWWW golf course, same category as Kapalua Plantation but I would say more challenging, or maybe more a mixed of target/long shot golf. Also client services is A1, they even came on one hole with fresh slice of pineapple!! 2 bottles of water (how many in Kaanapali Royal??) and believe or not less expensive than Kaanapali if you book online. I didnt't digest the Kaanapli I know..

Princeville - Makai
    This was a fun track to play as well, a bit easier ( tinny bit....) than the Prince course but some holes makes you think twice or three times before hitting your shot. This course is neighbour to the Prince course.

Poipu Bay
    Nice track again, the last 4 - 5 holes are out of breath, teeoffing along a cliff and the sea at the bottom was enough to deconcentrate.

Kauai Lagoons
    We really enjoyes that one as well, one hole you have to cross the sea on a par 3, other holes greens are close to the sea.

Kiahuna GC
    We finished our week with this course, we played that one the same day we were leaving. We didn't expect anything like all the other courses played, doesn't worth paying the full price to play that course. If you get a good rebate go and have a shot at it but otherwise try some other one. Fairway were ok, but greens were in bad shape.

I have tons of picture, I'll post one for your eyes only...
    Attached Images

Sand Wedge golfman1422 is on a distinguished road
    Can you give me the break down of how much you paid at each course?

Hi golfman,
    For the teeoff, we dealt with hawaiiteetime, they have some package tee time including 3 courses.
    The only one we reserve ourselves are Kapalua plantation and Princeville-prince course, if you go on their website, we can find some online special cheaper than hawaiiteetime. The price vary from $150 to $199 per teeoff.

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    Any chance any of you who have recently been to Hawaii got any of the coupon books and brought them back? heading there in July with family of 4 looking for deals on horse back riding, Atlantis submarine rides, and whatever else my wife decides to spend money on...

Thanks,.
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

Sorry, no coupon books. For golf, I recommend going to Golfnow.com as some of the courses do have discounted tee times available on that site. On Maui, I find that some places give discounts for booking in advance and also note that the other place to go for discounted prices on things is Costco. They tend to have a lot of toursty things that you can pre purchase.

Forgot to mention that a lot of the things that you might buy to bring back as souvenirs can be found at Walmart pretty cheap! Chocolates, mac nuts, cookies, maps, towels, trinkets found everywhere else like the ABC stores.

7 Wood Cruban is on a distinguished road Cruban's Avatar
    And while you're at Costco make sure you swing by the booze section - they sell hard liquor there and good names for cheap!

Thread Information