CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    al m

No one I know understands

Maybe someone here will
    Went through some changes in my game and bag last year.Ended the season with longer drives,better accuracy and better scores than ever before(I am 50,so am proud of this)
    This year the only thing in my bag from the end of last season is a handful of tees.
    For about $500 here is what I have done.Only one clubs is brand new,a anser 1958 putter.every thing else is used but like new.
    Driver,had a ping g20,9.5 now anser 10.5
    Wood,had ping i20 3 and 5 woods,now anser 4 wood
    Hybrids,had adams a12 os 3&4 and ping g20 5,now adams v4 3,4&5
    Irons,had ping i10,s.now ping i20's
    Wedges,hade two mis matched volkeys,now three ping gorges
    Putter,had rossa vincino spyder,now ping anser.
    Wife thinks I am nuts,I believe every club change I made has potential to improve my game.
    Thanks for letting me voice this,am sure other are making changes with the same hopes.
    Will be teeing of Friday morning in N.Carolina with a bag full of new to me clubs.
    Can't wait,early golf,sure to meet new friends and a few I have met in previous years.
    Gotta love this game

Par Dax is on a distinguished road
    Love my ping i20's and I am sure you will as well!

al m
    Yes Dax,really looking forward to the i20's.Loved the i10's,but could be punishing at times.I believe the i20's will have everyting I loved about the i10's plus a whole lot more.Plus they were a outstanding deal and I could not resist.I10's had project x 5.0shafts hardstepped 1x.I20's are project x 5.5 .

7 Iron jlaidley is on a distinguished road jlaidley's Avatar
    How did you decide on all of the new clubs?

Had my best year ever 2 years ago at 49, then changed clubs and had a tough year. Of course my "club change" was a new course so I guess that's different!
    Make your golf leagues GREAT with the "golfscoring" league system: LIVE scoring on your lounge TV, handicapping & lots of other features. PM me to learn more.

al m
    Quote Originally Posted by jlaidley View Post
    how did you decide on all of the new clubs?

Had my best year ever 2 years ago at 49, then changed clubs and had a tough year. Of course my "club change" was a new course so i guess that's different!
    most of the clubs,in my mind are a natural progression from what I had or have had.Playing now in N Carolina and although rusty and hurting after 56 holes in three days am sure I have made the right choices.The i20's are so smooth compared to the i10's.The Adams v4's are easy to hit and straight as a arrow.Although many will argue this,before the volkey'sI had ping tour s wedges.Never found anything in the volkey's To make me want them more than the pings.the gorge wedges are feeling right for me.Maybe it is just that they are a seemless transition from the Ping irons as I treat my wedges like high lofted irons.
    The 4 wood was meant to replace both 3&5 woods so I could carry 1 more wedge.
    struggling with the driver but always do this early in the season and am coming off a injury plagued off season so hope that will work it's way out
    Last edited by al m; 03-31-2014 at 10:19 PM.

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    I've been playing the same clubs (except for the driver) for 4-5 years. Handicap is up and down like a toilet seat. It's not the arrow it's the indian.
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    So deep brah.

Albatross freddyottawa is on a distinguished road freddyottawa's Avatar
    If I was only in for $500 on my purchases this winter, i'd be a rich man I should really think things through before I buy stuff sometimes.

You have built yourself a nice setup. The question is, will you stick with it or keep on changing things?

al m
    Quote Originally Posted by freddyottawa View Post
    If I was only in for $500 on my purchases this winter, i'd be a rich man I should really think things through before I buy stuff sometimes.

You have built yourself a nice setup. The question is, will you stick with it or keep on changing things?
    Plan on using these several years but time will tell
    Btw,on Jekyll island,Ga,three coarse here to check out before returning to.NC for a round Friday then,unfortunately back home on Sunday

Par Dax is on a distinguished road
    This will be my third season (2nd and a half actually) with the i20's and I have no thoughts on changing them yet.

al m
    Well,so far,after a few rounds in N.C.,a couple in G.A. And a couple early spring rounds here at home, I am really happy with all my choices
    Biggest difference is with th Adams hybrids,these things are long and straight,the I 20 irons are a pleasure to hit
    So far no dis appointments with the anser woods,just thinking dryer fairways and warmer weather will help them shine.
    The anser putter feels so natural,f,eels great

Thread Information