CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Recommendations

Forum Jedi XTOUR is on a distinguished road XTOUR's Avatar

Recommendations

Hey guys, looking to get away with this winter dragging on. Hoping to leave April 5 and golf around 5 rounds or more. Is there anywhere hot you would suggest. Ive been told Cuba, but the course has seen better days, as well as Punta Cana.

I've never golfed Myrtle. Not sure if that would cost too much being a single. Looking to spend between 1500-2000.

Your insight is greatly appreciated.
    Proud member of the 2010, 2011 ,2012 OG vs TGN RYDER CUP
    Captain of 2012 Team OG Ryder Cup Champions!

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Hey Scott,

Is your budget including airfare or just the golf charges?

I would look at the following for package deals. If you are staying into the week, Masters week no less, there might be pretty good pricing.

- Pinehurst. I'll actually be there with mjf from the 5th through the 7th. Packages are pretty good since they include breakfast and dinner.
    - Kiawah Island. More expensive than Pinehurst, but the golf is great.
    - Sawgrass. They have packages if you stay at the Marriott which are actually not a bad deal.
    - Harbour Town (Sea Pines Resort). I went last year around this time and it was great.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Forum Jedi XTOUR is on a distinguished road XTOUR's Avatar
    That's the problem I'm having. Being single for the packages increases the cost significantly. At almost 400 a night gets pretty expensive + airfare.
    Proud member of the 2010, 2011 ,2012 OG vs TGN RYDER CUP
    Captain of 2012 Team OG Ryder Cup Champions!

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Yep, not a lot of breaks as a single. This time of year is also the high season for the Carolina's and Florida as well.

Here's a different suggestion. Head to California and play some courses on the Monterey Peninsula. You wouldn't need to stay at a resort, any hotel will do and there is a ton of golf out there.

If you stayed in Santa Cruz, you are within easy driving distance of the following very good golf courses.
    - Pasatiempo (designed by the guy who designed Augusta)
    - Bayonet / Black Horse. An old 36 hole military facility that was redone recently. Great golf courses.
    - All of the Pebble Beach courses. As a single you can probably get a last minute time pretty easily.
    - Poppy Hills

Also, if you get an NCGA membership I think you get a bunch of discounts that more than pay for it if you are there for several days/rounds.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Par Dax is on a distinguished road
    I would suggest going to Phoenix. Look up Embassey Suites just outside of Scottsdale, it is very well situated and you get a free breakfast as well as happy hour. Don't play the course that it sits on though just use the driving range there and book you games through *** (a very well advertised golf booking website). As a single you should be able to pick up some cheap rounds at some great courses. Also, you are more likely to get perfect weather in Phoenix than anywhere.
    Last edited by Dax; 03-30-2014 at 11:40 AM. Reason: adding more info for what was censored

Thread Information