CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Putter PandoraJam is on a distinguished road

SwingPad won't read swings

I have just purchased the optishot and installed the software. I have a bright green light and the rest are light red on my swing pad but it doesn't read my swings. I went straight to the driving range and tried TESTING FUNCTIONALITY BEFORE USE option (6 iron) in the FAQs section but no luck. I relocated the swing pad and my laptop to a darker room (closed the curtains) and still nothing. I also used the SwingPad diagnostics app and all sensors seem to be working/reading okay.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance, PJ

7 Iron gotenks94 is on a distinguished road
    Do a re-install.

Quote Originally Posted by gotenks94 View Post
    Do a re-install.
    I did try a re-install, same issues... on a PC and on my laptop. I'm just wondering if it's something simple that I may be missing.

Lob Wedge flydigital is on a distinguished road
    So the swingpad diagnostics were all ok, but swinging a club yields nothing? It's got to be lighting issues or the clubs are not reflective enough. In the "darker" room do you have all light blocked entirely? Any little bit of daylight can mess with the sensors. Any light should be overhead as to not cause shadows, and be of low color temp (and not incandescent), i.e. warm light CFL.

Quote Originally Posted by flydigital View Post
    So the swingpad diagnostics were all ok, but swinging a club yields nothing? It's got to be lighting issues or the clubs are not reflective enough. In the "darker" room do you have all light blocked entirely? Any little bit of daylight can mess with the sensors. Any light should be overhead as to not cause shadows, and be of low color temp (and not incandescent), i.e. warm light CFL.
    Yes, all natural/sun light was blocked completely and I did try it again tonight with no to little light(s) at all. I've tried a driver, irons, and even the putter without any success.

I've read through some forums, browsed faq's and watched several Youtube videos... I can't figure out the problem.

1 Iron FaultyClubs is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by flydigital View Post
    Any light should be....of low color temp (and not incandescent), i.e. warm light CFL.
    Actually it is the opposite, "low color temp" and "warm" light have more, not less, infrared than "high color temp" and "cool" lights. In any case, any CFL is far, far better than incandescent or halogen (or daylight).

As for the OP issue, I can't think of anything except perhaps the grass matt is blocking the sensors somehow?
    Last edited by FaultyClubs; 03-15-2014 at 12:38 AM. Reason: added "daylight" since it has significant IR also

1 Iron AJA is on a distinguished road
    In my limited experience, I got swings that registered without special lighting, straight out of the box. That worked in a couple of different rooms, both daylight and artificial lighting.
    My guess is that your unit is simply defective.

Quote Originally Posted by AJA View Post
    In my limited experience, I got swings that registered without special lighting, straight out of the box. That worked in a couple of different rooms, both daylight and artificial lighting.
    My guess is that your unit is simply defective.
    This is what I'm starting to think as well AJA. I did send an question to optishot though the support team but unfortunately their hours are Monday to Friday so I hoping to hear something from them before I try to exchange it.

I just keep wondering if it is just something simple I'm missing...

Lob Wedge jonpucek is on a distinguished road
    Drivers all up to date?

Quote Originally Posted by jonpucek View Post
    Drivers all up to date?
    I exchanged the optishot this morning for a new unit, all is good now... must have been a defective swingpad.

Thanks again for all the help and advice everyone!

PJ

Lob Wedge flydigital is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by FaultyClubs View Post
    Actually it is the opposite, "low color temp" and "warm" light have more, not less, infrared than "high color temp" and "cool" lights. In any case, any CFL is far, far better than incandescent or halogen (or daylight).
    You're right, your post encouraged me to look this up again and in my research I apparently mixed spectrum/wavelength and color temp and went the wrong way with my CFL type. I think this was mainly due to the suggestion to stay away from anything "daylight" which is high color temp, so I went to the extreme opposite side of the scale. In any case I have great results on my Opti with 2700K CFL, but thinking now that I want to try 4000K to see if there is an improvement.

Thread Information