100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar

Back from Myrtle Beach

We came back a bit earlier to avoid the storm in Syracuse etc...
    Its not called ¨The snow belt¨for nothing. No snow up to upper Pensylvania and then after Syracuse its like someone dumped a whole crap load of the white !@#$%?crap.
    All in all, a very pleasant experience for pour first time down south, even with only 4 sunny days out of 9 days,we managed o.k.
    The positives where: meeting all the fine folks down there. We had herd of southern hospitality but I was very pleased how we where greated everywhere, even from perfect strangers on the street. I have a new found respect for the American people and that alone was worth the trip.
    The courses are fantastic in design,condition and again, the hospitality,second to none.
    Out of 9 courses we played, 7 where up to private course standards.
    Would i go back, probably, but not next year.
    Courses we played where;
    The Wizard
    Carolina National ( Fred Couples design)
    Thistle
    Crow Creek
    Caladonia
    The Heritage
    Grande Dunes
    Wicked Stick (John Daly design)
    Legends at heathland

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    By the way, a full membership 12 months, at Caladonia and True Blue is only 2500.00 !!! Insane prices on memberships considering they charge 150.00 green fee including cart !!!

Gotta Post Break68 is on a distinguished road Break68's Avatar
    Marc, How was Carolina National? I am going to Myrtle Beach in April. It is one of 4 courses we are playing when we go.
    Obviously you're not a golfer.

Jonathan, Carolina National is a must play for sure. Its a great track and well worth the drive to North Carolina from Myrtle.
    It was in fantastic shape, greens running real nice, Bermuda grass fairways and i think Bemuda greens with the exception of 9 holes. Its a 27 hole layout and will test your golfing abilities for sure. Enjoy !!!

Gotta Post Break68 is on a distinguished road Break68's Avatar
    How long is the drive to Carolina National?
    Obviously you're not a golfer.

Its about 45 minutes from downtown Myrtle. All roads are 2 lane highways so no problem getting there.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    played it years ago...lots of bunkers on that course. 3 9's as well. it's a bit of a drive but a solid course
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

I found that most of the courses there have a lot of bunkers,especially the par 3's. The design and layout of the courses is what i enjoyed most.
    Dont see too many like them around here.

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    Happy you had fun Marc. I was there last year and played some great course.
    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Chambokl View Post
    Happy you had fun Marc. I was there last year and played some great course.
    Great experience Jean-Guy,even if the weather was not the best.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Too bad about the weather Marc--we have been here in HH for almost 2 months and I have only played 7 times ---hopefully that will change in the next two weeks---I have 4 more booked. The weather the last two years have been in no way indicative. We are going further south next year just to make sure.

Hope you did not arrive back to too much of the white %^&%$-----but I have been hearing stories
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    Too bad about the weather Marc--we have been here in HH for almost 2 months and I have only played 7 times ---hopefully that will change in the next two weeks---I have 4 more booked. The weather the last two years have been in no way indicative. We are going further south next year just to make sure.

Hope you did not arrive back to too much of the white %^&%$-----but I have been hearing stories
    We arrived right into the crap, so no getting away from it. You only played 7 times because of the weather or ? We really where impressed by the courses down here and hope to get back in the future.My buddy who has been comming to Myrtle for the last 10 years or so said this is the worst he has seen it. We just missed the warm weather by 2 weeks the people told us.

Lob Wedge MERLE is on a distinguished road
    Legends at Heathland is nice but be sure and do their other course by the NC/SC border, Oyster Bay. What a treat.
    Last edited by MERLE; 07-30-2014 at 06:20 PM.

Thread Information