CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Sand Wedge jwm is on a distinguished road

Projector under feet

Strange idea I know. But, my garage has high ceilings, 16ft. I don't want to mount it to my cage because it'll probably shake at impact and I don't want to risk skying one into it. My hitting area is about 3 ft behind the 10x10x10 cage. I'm trying to avoid the wall mount because it just won't look good. Which brings me to this. An Epson PowerLite is a little over 2 inches. Build a well ventilated platform for my turf, put projector under my feet, plexi in front so roll backs won't smash the lens. My launch monitor will be the Flightscope Xi when it comes.

Horrible idea?

7 Iron dmartyna is on a distinguished road
    Thinking outside the box...very nice. Not so horrible as long as you don't want to putt. You just need to worry about ventilation and dust and dirt. The projectors run pretty hot. On a side note, if the screen is done right your cage shouldn't shake from impact. The screen will absorb most of the impact.

Out of Bounds orangeTANG is on a distinguished road
    A few years ago my golf school had a portable simulator unit (sorry, I don't recall what brand) and the projector was mounted exactly how you describe above. In fact, the projector was a few feet in front of the hitting surface. It had fans on both sides of the "box" pushing air through it, and plexiglass for the front, yet if I recall it was still flushmount to the hitting surface itself.

Par Dax is on a distinguished road
    I believe that there is a posting on here, perhaps in the projector thread that discusses having the projector on the floor. Additionally, I believe someone indicated that this is something that Truegolf is doing for one of their set-ups.

1 Iron Jsgregg is on a distinguished road
    I think it is also what the golfsimulatorguys have switched to selling on their site. A little pricey there....2k for the box and projector and they won't sell them separately according to their site.

Out of Bounds orangeTANG is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    I believe that there is a posting on here, perhaps in the projector thread that discusses having the projector on the floor. Additionally, I believe someone indicated that this is something that Truegolf is doing for one of their set-ups.
    You're right, it was the TruGolf portable unit that we had a few years back. You can see a bit more here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPOkn5xIO3s

Sand Wedge jwm is on a distinguished road
    Looks like I will have to give it a try. Thank you.

Lob Wedge flagolfer22 is on a distinguished road
    How did this work out for you? Do you have any pictures, i was thinking about doing something similar..

Thread Information