CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Wannamaker mjf is on a distinguished road mjf's Avatar

Stonebridge - Greens still covered?

I took a drive by Stonebridge yesterday (April 9th) to see how things were looking. I was surprised to see that the greens are STILL covered with tarps. With the weather we've been having, I would have expected that they would have been uncovered a couple of weeks ago. Any greenskeepers out that who can explain this? I know the tarps were removed from Kanata Lakes a couple of weeks ago. I would think that if the tarps are kept on too long there would be a risk of damaging the green (mold, bacteria, etc.). The Stonebridge greens really can't afford to lose any more grass!!

Also, they have been doing some digging on and near the course. There's a large section at the start of #1E fairway that's been dug up. Also, the area between the #5E green and #6E tee. Looks like they're putting in some drainage pipes for the subdivision. I wonder if this construction will delay the opening any??

MJF

In the Zone 4jag is on a distinguished road 4jag's Avatar

not uncommon

As of today the greens at Rideauview and other area courses were still covered as well. They must be special "green" tarps that allow rain, light? through and provide a type of greenhouse effect. That's the only thing I can think of.
    If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar
    They probably took off the ice tarps and as 4jag said left on the breather tarps...these tarps allow air to the greens while still keeping them warm promoting growth. There really isn't a lot of harm in leaving these tarps on as they still allow the greens to breath ealry in the growing period.

Lob Wedge grunner is on a distinguished road grunner's Avatar
    Tarps on the greens are off....according to the proshop the course will probably open next Wednesday April 20.

Big_duck
    Quote Originally Posted by grunner
    Tarps on the greens are off....according to the proshop the course will probably open next Wednesday April 20.
    Iheard it from someone who heard it from someone ..... that they sold their tarps to Clublink

Hopelessly Addicted broken27 is on a distinguished road broken27's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_duck
    Iheard it from someone who heard it from someone ..... that they sold their tarps to Clublink
    That's friggin hilarious!!! Always check Stonebridge threads for this stuff...

Dan
    [URL=http://www.sportsfiend.ca/]Sportsfiend.ca - Make You Opinion Into News...

beatnik58

New name

Actually I heard Stonebridge was sold to a major tire manufacturer entering the golf market....Bridgestone. All they have to do is move the letters around!

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by beatnik58
    Actually I heard Stonebridge was sold to a major tire manufacturer entering the golf market....Bridgestone. All they have to do is move the letters around!
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Fairway Junkie dasnutz is on a distinguished road dasnutz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by beatnik58

8 Iron Pops is on a distinguished road Pops's Avatar

Stonebridge?

Come to think of it, Why did they call it Stonebridge in the first place...I guess it sounded better than concrete tunnel
    "The golf swing is like sex. You can't be thinking about the mechanics of the act while you are performing." Dave Hill

Thread Information