CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    5 Wood golferinmd is on a distinguished road

Unhappy Lesson Learned with Short throw projectors

I wanted to help the forum as the forum has been a great help to me.

Be careful with your short throw projectors. I hit it on the follow through with my PW and hit the edge. For a bit it would go on and off and was a pain. Yesterday I fixed it with a bungee cord to keep pressure on it. I almost broke a $700 projector on day 1!

I know setup with the ball just off the left edge of the projector so when I follow through I am way left of the projector. When I hit it I wasn't focusing and hit it

1 Iron Jsgregg is on a distinguished road
    Great advice. That is one of the very few drawbacks I see with the net return sim series. The PJ is so very close to where you are swinging.

If they could develop a shield that would protect the projector that would be good. Lucky for me the bungee cord is working to hold in the loose outshell and it works. A bit ghetto but better than shelling out $700!

2 Iron DjPiLL is on a distinguished road
    I have the sim series and this is EXACTLY the reason why I returned the projector mount, and returned my short throw projector (at a 20% restock fee). That projector is just way too low and way too close to have it NOT impact your swing somewhat.

The president of Net Return Paul Crawley is a great guy and really worked at me when I was in the middle of ordering (I originally had the net return net and then "upgraded" to the simulator series). When I mentioned to him and a manager there that the projector mount was way too low and I saw this as an issue for many, the manager told me that he has "never" heard of any complaints before. I definitely called a little BS there.

But it is what it is, I was able to change to a rear mounted projector thanks to my room setup and the sim series works great for me.

2 Iron DjPiLL is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by golferinmd View Post
    If they could develop a shield that would protect the projector that would be good. Lucky for me the bungee cord is working to hold in the loose outshell and it works. A bit ghetto but better than shelling out $700!
    I wonder what the wife said when you slammed into the projector. I don't think a shield would help much. I would be more careful about not hurting yourself with that follow through.

I find it isn't an issue if you setup with the projector in mind. If you are using the body to drive your swing it is hard for the club to go vertical and hit the projector. Took me awhile to figure that out and I think I even hit the projector twice. I agree that Paul Crawley is a great guy and very helpful. I don't have the rear projection option so will have to be creative. My band aid fix will work. Thanks again for the help!

6 Iron psyflyjohn is on a distinguished road
    At times, I've regretted not having a short throw projector. My regular projector sits high in the back, out of the range of clubs, balls, and drunken players. I'm happy with that.....

I am happy with it now. I am aware and do my setup. Things are working well now!

Anyone try these ones out. I did a good search yesterday for practice golf balls..they are called TF-130 Practice Golf Balls..
    http://www.amazon.com/TF-130-Practic...75737&sr=1-248

Thread Information