CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pei

4 Iron Hardcore is on a distinguished road

Pei

I turn 40 at the end of September and my wife and I are looking at places to go for a Thursday-Monday trip. One of the spots I'm thinking is PEI for some golf. Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks.

3 Wood wboudrea is on a distinguished road wboudrea's Avatar
    I went to PEI as a part of my honeymoon 3 years back and my wife and I played some golf and really enjoyed it. We stayed at the Inn at the Pier (http://innatthepier.com/) and loved it. It was clean and comfortable and served all of our needs wonderfully. The staff was super helpful and friendly and the food was great. We booked a golf and stay package through them and played Green Gables, The Links at Crowbush, Red Sands (a great little * 9-hole that was in awesome shape) and one more I believe. It was a great trip and I definitely recommend golfing in PEI. Any other questions feel free to ask.
    You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"-#99

3 Wood Brewcee is on a distinguished road Brewcee's Avatar
    There are so many good courses on the island. Outside of the known ones (Crowbush, Mill River, Brudenell and Dunarave) I would play Avondale (one of my favorites), Fox Meadows, Glasgow Hills, and Stanhope, although Stanhope may have suffered some damage last season. Two other courses I liked that were a bit shorter and kind of off the beaten path were Glen Afton and Countryview, neither were fantastic courses, but both fun to play.

Golf Nut nice_lag is on a distinguished road
    I thoroughly enjoyed Anderson Creek last year. Lots of elevation changes, wonderful greens, course in amazing conditions at a reasonable price. I liked it much better than Green Gables.
    nice_lag
    Almonte

Shotmaker Johnyc is on a distinguished road
    Help! So, I'm on vacation in PEI for the week. I played Brudenelle today and was terribly disappointed. Should I bother with Dunderave? I'm hoping that there is a significant difference between the two courses, but considering they are on the same property I'm not entirely optimistic. My frustration resides with sites like trip advisor who have this course (Brudenelle) rated as a 4.5/5. IMO, it's no better then Emerald Links, with a few elevation changes. It was $91 and change to walk. Again, I'd appreciate some candid feedback. I'd just as soon spend the rest of the week at crowbush, if it's as good as advertised then go back...

3 Wood wboudrea is on a distinguished road wboudrea's Avatar
    I posted earlier in this thread but while I was there I played Green Gables and Crowbush and very much enjoyed both of them. Crowbush is a must play with great ocean views. Hope that your experience gets better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnyc View Post
    Help! So, I'm on vacation in PEI for the week. I played Brudenelle today and was terribly disappointed. Should I bother with Dunderave? I'm hoping that there is a significant difference between the two courses, but considering they are on the same property I'm not entirely optimistic. My frustration resides with sites like trip advisor who have this course (Brudenelle) rated as a 4.5/5. IMO, it's no better then Emerald Links, with a few elevation changes. It was $91 and change to walk. Again, I'd appreciate some candid feedback. I'd just as soon spend the rest of the week at crowbush, if it's as good as advertised then go back...
    You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"-#99

Quote Originally Posted by wboudrea View Post
    I posted earlier in this thread but while I was there I played Green Gables and Crowbush and very much enjoyed both of them. Crowbush is a must play with great ocean views. Hope that your experience gets better.
    Thank you. I read your review and greatly appreciate your insight. I understood that Brudenelle was lower end, in relation to crowbush and possibly Dunderave. Again, I'm very spoiled playing excellent golf courses, and admittedly my standards are high. In any event, we are booked at Dunderave tomorrow. I will book Crowbush for Wednesday and go from there.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    I played Crowbush 2 weeks ago and it was in great shape and lots of fun but the wind was blowing so be prepared. I quite liked it, especially the seaside holes (there aren't as many as you think) and its quite a challenge, especially a number of well guarded greens. you can play all day for the same price, just pay for the cart on your second round.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    I played Crowbush 2 weeks ago and it was in great shape and lots of fun but the wind was blowing so be prepared. I quite liked it, especially the seaside holes (there aren't as many as you think) and its quite a challenge, especially a number of well guarded greens. you can play all day for the same price, just pay for the cart on your second round.
    Good to know. I'm going to play the rest of the week at Crowbush.

Golf Nut justdoit is on a distinguished road justdoit's Avatar
    I was in PEI for 3 weeks in June,played Brudenell every 2 days,was wonderful and never paid 91 $ to walk.I teed off around 3 pm each day and it was about 40$...nicest course for sure

Driver Golfer100 is on a distinguished road
    Thank you. I read your review and greatly appreciate your insight. I understood that Brudenelle was lower end, in relation to crowbush and possibly Dunderave. Again, I'm very spoiled playing excellent golf courses, and admittedly my standards are high. In any event, we are booked at Dunderave tomorrow. I will book Crowbush for Wednesday and go from there.
    WHAT!!! Lousy golf in PEI, absolutely never. Brudenell and all other Rodd courses are the best at least for this lowly golfer. I've enjoyed every round and course on the Island. WOW "my standards are high" then please don't go to Cape Breton with all of its sub-standard courses.

Driver Golfer100 is on a distinguished road
    It is spelled Brundenell

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfer100 View Post
    It is spelled Brundenell
    is it really now?

I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

I'm guessing you paid a twilight rate. I know what I paid, which is consistent with the posted rates. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding you; are you suggesting that Brudenell is better than Crowbush or Dunderave? That certainly wasn't my impression.

Quote Originally Posted by Golfer100 View Post
    WHAT!!! Lousy golf in PEI, absolutely never. Brudenell and all other Rodd courses are the best at least for this lowly golfer. I've enjoyed every round and course on the Island. WOW "my standards are high" then please don't go to Cape Breton with all of its sub-standard courses.
    Cabot Links?

Thread Information