100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    7 Iron Yongchai is on a distinguished road

South West Greens Mat

Anybody ever tried using the mats from South West Greens?

http://www.southwestgreens.com/golf-greens/tee-lines

How do they compare to Real feel golf mats?

http://www.realfeelgolfmats.com

I'm deciding between the 2. Any other suggestions welcome.

Looking for a mat that can:
    1) Provide good cushioning so i won't hurt my wrists after a fat shot
    2) Plug a tee in

Thanks

Par Dax is on a distinguished road
    Although I have the TrueStrike that will not accept tees, I did call the local South West Greens rep in exploring turf options and the person was not much help at all. From what we discussed, they did have a product like the real feel mat, but I thought that if I would go that route that I would just order the realfeel mat as there are a lot of positive reviews. In the end though and after reviewing all the posts here and elsewhere I decided to go with TrueStrike.

Normally i would just go with realfeelgolf, but because i am based internationally, shipping is a problem and makes the mat more expensive, whereas SWG has a local distributor and is cheaper. (Being affiliated with jack nicklaus doesn't really help, but doesn't hurt either)

So anyone got any experience hitting SWG mats to be able to compare between the 2?

The people at southwestgreen sent me 2 samples, one i guess is more like a compact fairway lie and the other a floater lie on some rough. (I'd post pictures but this forum makes u run through too many hoops to do so)

Impressions
    -They can both keep a teed-up ball fairly straight (though you have to be a bit more delicate with the floater lie)
    -Grass lenght is about 2.5cm (which is less than realfeel's lenght of 3.8cm based on website's photo)
    -Couldn't hit off them as samples were too small.

So unless someone who has tried them both tells me that the exra cost is worth it for Real feel, i'm leaning towards SWG becuse the are cheaper, sold locally and definately better than generic mats.

Ended up with real feel golf mat because the local South West Greens rep took too long to confirm anything.

Bought from an ebay listing made by Real feel for selling internationally and they made it cheaper to help with transport cost!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Real-Feel-CC...item25840f66f5

Mat came fast without hassle. For any international buyers, i would highly recommend buying from them using the ebay listing.

As for hitting from the mat, i have a tendency to hit it a little fat and dig abit, on the golf course i can get away with it, but on this mat it slows down my club/ball speed so i am not getting the distance i am used to in real life, but i guess with some practice and proper technique my ball-striking should improve, so i am pleased overall with my purchase (especially the no hassle part).

Par Dax is on a distinguished road
    Glad to hear that this worked out for you as I think it was the best route for you to go based off of what you were looking for in your other thread.

Thread Information