100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Sand Wedge slad is on a distinguished road

GC2 setup/CALIBRATION... Help if you have one.

Well I got it all up and going tonight. 16'x9' screen Optima HD25LV 2500 Lumen, GC2, Country Club Elite Mat.

I have the Creative 3D software. It seems, to me, that my GC2 doesn't give an accurate yardage. The software, shows an additional 25 yards on shots, while the GC2 audio says it's less. What the hell?

Also, how do you know if you are square to the screen? I input the dimensions, but does that mean the GC2 can sit at at any +/- degree parallel to the screen/my swing plane and ball setup?

Can't wait to get through the bugs...

2 Iron DjPiLL is on a distinguished road
    The GC2 only gives carry yardage where a software will give you the roll as well. Maybe that's it?

Shotmaker bubs3141 is on a distinguished road
    not to mention it depends on the course. Elevation, conditions etc. Yes I agree software will be more than device.

8 Iron col forbin is on a distinguished road
    I believe with the creative golf software, the ball takes off in the middle of the screen regardless of whether or not you are centered at set up. If you hit slightly to the right of the screen, as I do, it will pick it up as if you where hitting from the center; whereas with the Foresight Simulation Software, you have to input the dimensions of of where you are hitting on the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by col forbin View Post
    I believe with the creative golf software, the ball takes off in the middle of the screen regardless of whether or not you are centered at set up. If you hit slightly to the right of the screen, as I do, it will pick it up as if you where hitting from the center; whereas with the Foresight Simulation Software, you have to input the dimensions of of where you are hitting on the screen.
    You input your dimensions on the creative software too. And the looks like it takes off in the direction it was hit... Just with a left bias longer yardage on the software than the GC2.

Something seems off but I don't know what. I haven't hit a drive over 200 yards yet. (yes I can hit an honest 200yards)

8 Iron col forbin is on a distinguished road
    I recall inputting dimensions on the Creative Golf, but I don't believe it was as specific as the Foresight Software, which had me measuring distance from the GC2 unit to center of screen. Since I stand more to the right due to my setup, the Performance software would pick up the ball where it hit the screen. When I switched over to the Creative Golf, I would still be hitting in the same place, but it would pick it up in the center of the screen, which might explain the left bias. All of this should have nothing to do with distance though. I believe there is a CC2 calibration tool floating around somewhere on this board. Also, the guys at Foresight are always very helpful and might be able to send you the zip file.

The CG3D software has me input screen to ball distance, offset left or right, screen height and width.

I don't know what's differrent, but I adjusted the resolutions tonight me and my 7 year old started and I was getting an accurate display and yardage. Ball flew from the correct screen position and I faded a nice shot 239 yards on to the green.

I still need to get used to it overall, especially 50 yards in, but I am happy with tonight's performance. Now to rest up and get ready for a U.S. Kids Golf Tournament tomorrow! I am an official Daddy Caddy : )

Eagle SFR is on a distinguished road
    One thing that I don't think was talked about was the fact that the GC2 itself will show your readout at sea level. So if it shows a shot of 200 yds, on a normal course 2000 ft above sea level or more, will adjust that yardage in the game. Even on the Foresight software you see about 10% more carry than what the GC2 read out is. So no matter where in the world you are, the GC2 will show sea level yardage where as in real golf, the ball will carry further due to the air, and indoors that first foot the ball travels for the GC2 to read, will not compensate for elevation.

Another thing I notice is that low launch angle drives with low backspin seem not to go as far as one would think. I have not had mine long enough to use it out doors on the range and compare actual drives. Also those same drives seem to hook or slice a lot more. Same thing can happen with 3 and 4 irons where as the rescue clubs have more LA.

The best way to line up your GC2 is to draw a straight line on your hitting pad as to how you want to set up to your screen. Then line the GC2 to run with that line and putt some. Watch the ball as it follows your line and if it goes straight then the GC2 should show less than 1 deg off line. The GC2 says they are within 1 deg Asumith (spelling ???) I have hit several putts that are on that line and the GC2 will varry with what it shows but again should not be more than 1 deg out. If it is just slightly adjust the angle of the GC2. Once set make a line or tape mark to show where you need to place it so that if it moves you will see it. Hitting is not a real big issue if the unit is off line a bit, but putting needs to be a good as you can get or you won't make short putts.

Thread Information