100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Caddy larry is on a distinguished road larry's Avatar

Why so few clubs with senior shafts?

Have been thinking about new irons this year. My current 10 year old irons have "senior" shafts in them and would want something similar. I just don't swing fast enough anymore to make regular flex shafts work. But there are hardly any sets in the stores with softer shafts. I mentioned to one salesman that it is strange that the courses are full of seniors every day but there are so few senior clubs in the store for us to try or buy. He claimed that there was little demand these clubs but that he could order sets with senior shafts for most models. However, I would never buy new irons without at least trying them in the simulator to see how they feel. They could at least ask the manufacturers to provide 6 or 7 irons to try. I know that many of the courses I play in Florida have senior sets available in the pro shop. And they sell a lot of these sets. I think the stores around here are missing the boat.

Postaholic downhillslider is on a distinguished road
    "Senior" is nothing more than a designation given by that particular company. There actually is no such thing as a "senior" flex, or "regular" or "stiff" because there is no industry wide standard for flex designation, plain and simple.

I hit a newer Ping 5i the other day at the dome and the guy told me it was a stiff. The thing felt like a wet noodle when I swung it.

Do yourself a favor and go and get properly fit by a reputable independant clubmaker. You will be pleasantly surprised and will walk away a whole lot more kwnolegable about golf equipment.

I just might be able to recommend one to you.

Thread Information