CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The MAsters

Hybrid View

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar

The MAsters

Here we go again. No more golf today.

ALERT: Play suspended for the day; Round 2 will resume at 8 a.m. ET.
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Competitor Hank Hill is on a distinguished road Hank Hill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Karam
    Here we go again. No more golf today.
    Nuts! But the weather forecast is better for the weekend. Although we all know how accurate weather forecasts are.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    So much for 25% of the HD golf coverage for 2005.

Putter Synchro is on a distinguished road
    am i tuning to the wrong chennel (golf channel.)???

i know the real heat will be coming from the final round but so far all golf channel has to show is hrs of analysis with almost no actual broadcast of the game. and they repeat this talking in the studio every 3 hrs or so... with whole bunch of fillers like past memories and footages. the rain has much to do with it but this does not prevent them from showing us more interesting other than the live coverage of VJ-phil spike story for gazillian times and all the verbal updates.

they made it a big deal out of covering the Masters but i only see updates and pretty computer graphic and music.

sorry, just need to vent...

and i acutally got out a lot more from the recorded tournement fom TSN.
    p.s. i am HD-TV-less but still..
    Last edited by Synchro; 04-09-2005 at 02:57 PM.

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Live Round 3 coverage started at 3:30 on CBS in full HD glory.

The final groups tee off after 5PM.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Lucky break for Tiger not having to play that muddy ball on the 10th hole.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road
    Here is a question: If somebody bought a 2nd round badge/pass for the Masters, were they able to get into the gates today and watch the end of the second round and part of the third round? Or does it work by days, meaning, you buy a pass for Friday and you can only get through the gates on Friday?
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Miracle
    It should be an awesome finish Tiger has jumped into the lead at -13.....he's 2 ahead of DiMarco

Hopelessly Addicted fireice is on a distinguished road fireice's Avatar
    Sure is a tight leaderboard.
    Will be interesting to see who's on top later today.

Wannamaker mjf is on a distinguished road mjf's Avatar
    I predict a VERY boring finish. Looks like another Tiger runaway. I'm NOT looking forward to listening to Jim Nantz all afternoon.

I sorta of agree with mjf, I don't want a runaway Sunday finish by anyone......come on DRAMA!
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Hopelessly Addicted broken27 is on a distinguished road broken27's Avatar

Uhm.... Tiger's getting ready for Nantz?

Dan
    [URL=http://www.sportsfiend.ca/]Sportsfiend.ca - Make You Opinion Into News...

Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by broken27

Uhm.... Tiger's getting ready for Nantz?

Dan

Where is that picture from? That’s funny!!!!
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

Miracle
    Bring on the drama here comes DiMarco

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    Looks like Tiger might be loosing it. Oh no, the stars and the planets must not be alligned properly anymore.
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Quote Originally Posted by mberube

Where is that picture from? That’s funny!!!!
    Was from PGAtour.com... Was Tiger reacting to a missed putt... All the other guys didn't have pics like that when they missed. They all looked like professionals...

Must say, I had a lot of respect for Tiger's ability today, but he got lucky on that chip shot that bent 90 degrees. No WAY he expected it to go it, and you could tell by his reaction. DiMarco had far too many chances to be pleased with his performance, although I respected his comments afterwards.

Phil had one moment where you could tell he had just decided to "fun it out" the rest of the way. He was playing okay, but lacked finish. Not gonna reel Tiger in, no matter how many chances he gave away.

Tiger was very good this Masters, and I say that as a "hater". I think the last round was more a question of nobody else having the game to catch him. Guys who traditionally are capable of 6 stroke swings need to be firing on all cylinders, and Phil, Vijay, Weir and Dimarco just didn't get it done.

Hat(e)'s off to Tiger.

Dan

Lob Wedge PriorGuy is on a distinguished road

Am I missing something?

Was it just me or did CBS forget to show Mike Weir the 2003 Master's champ finish up on 18? Anyway I know it's maybe a moot point but if that's the case it shows poor coverage for sure.....

Wannamaker mjf is on a distinguished road mjf's Avatar
    The thing is, I don't think there's anyone on the leaderboard who can catch Tiger. Phil and Vijay are too far back. All that's left is Bjorn and Dimarco. I think DiMarco's done... especially now that he's going to be paired with Tiger. Bjorn might be the best chance of a 'showdown'.

If it's going to be interesting, Tiger's probably going to have to make a double or two. The way he's playing, I don't see that happening. He really held things together well on the first day and I don't think he's really missed a shot since then.

MJF

Sooooo....what did I miss today? Just kidding, talk about a possible boring afternoon of golf that turned into a GREAT 4th round finish! That was one of the greatest shots ever in golf in my (not love, not dislike, not hate) opinion Great MASTER'S!
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    i think this was the best masters i have seen in quite some time. I know last year was great, but this was a year when you just expected Tiger to run away with it and DiMarco held strong with him and challenged him. I am not a huge fan of DiMarco, but he showed me a lot today about how tough he is.

Quote Originally Posted by davevandyk
    i think this was the best masters i have seen in quite some time. I know last year was great, but this was a year when you just expected Tiger to run away with it and DiMarco held strong with him and challenged him. I am not a huge fan of DiMarco, but he showed me a lot today about how tough he is.
    I kind of agree with you, but would suggest that maybe a lot of people also expected Tiger to finally have a meltdown in a position of strength. If Di Marco had been able to putt, it's hit jacket. Tiger did everything to give it away, but nobody else was able to make a run.

I know it sounds like I'm again dissing Tiger, but he didn't play all that well overall. He played DAMN good when it counted though. And caught the best break I've ever seen in the Masters on that chipper on the par 5. Thought he had it then, but he managed to make it interesting!

Dan

Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    I kind of agree with you, but would suggest that maybe a lot of people also expected Tiger to finally have a meltdown in a position of strength. If Di Marco had been able to putt, it's hit jacket. Tiger did everything to give it away, but nobody else was able to make a run.

I know it sounds like I'm again dissing Tiger, but he didn't play all that well overall. He played DAMN good when it counted though. And caught the best break I've ever seen in the Masters on that chipper on the par 5. Thought he had it then, but he managed to make it interesting!

Dan
    I agree with you Dan. Tiger did not play well in the 4th round. He did what he needed to do to win. Although I strongly believe that if Di Marco started to capitalise on his chances, Tiger would of stepped it up a notch. Woods was in cruse control cause Chris was not really threatening his position until the last 3 holes. Patience is the game Tiger excels. Granted it almost caught up to him in the end but the clutch putt on the 73rd hole nailed the coffin.
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

that shot was luck and nothing more.
    Nothing more than luck? In any chip you put the ball as close as possible, sometimes we get "lucky" and it goes in. It takes a lot of skill to see a line like that, and play the shot under preassure. Yes he was delighted to see it fall in after dying on the lip, but "luck and nothing more" is denying the skill.

If ya skull it, bounce off a tree and into the hole, that's "luck and nothing more"

BTW, Davis Love made an almost identical shot from a bit further down the hill, but without the "hanging logo" . I'm not sure if it was last year or the year before. It was spectacular too.

I definately would have rather seen the other players shots than DiMarco and Woods sitting around.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank
    Nothing more than luck? In any chip you put the ball as close as possible, sometimes we get "lucky" and it goes in. It takes a lot of skill to see a line like that, and play the shot under preassure. Yes he was delighted to see it fall in after dying on the lip, but "luck and nothing more" is denying the skill.

If ya skull it, bounce off a tree and into the hole, that's "luck and nothing more"

BTW, Davis Love made an almost identical shot from a bit further down the hill, but without the "hanging logo" . I'm not sure if it was last year or the year before. It was spectacular too.

I definately would have rather seen the other players shots than DiMarco and Woods sitting around.
    Then I guess I'll be denying talent... You tell me, do you try to put that in, or close? I would guess that like most of us would, Tiger was trying to leave it for a tap in. Sinking it was LUCK.

I guarantee you he'll say the same.

Dan

Andru
    Then I guess I'll be denying talent... You tell me, do you try to put that in, or close? I would guess that like most of us would, Tiger was trying to leave it for a tap in. Sinking it was LUCK.

Dan
    Fine but unlike most of us he actually gets it close enough to have a chance of going in and that, is not luck.

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    You have to be good to be lucky. It was a very good shot that executed as he envisioned it. He tried to put it close, and you can't get any closer than that.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

OK, but I thought you didn't care what they say after the round.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank
    OK, but I thought you didn't care what they say after the round.
    Read the rest of that sentence in my initial post Dan... It's very consistent with what I posted in the second.

Andru - Sticking it close enough to have a chance of it dropping is skill. It going an extra half revolution to actually drop is LUCK. Clearly if he had the skill to make that shot on purpose, he'd be posting -18 on almost every round of golf he played. I'm surprised that a Tiger supporter can't just accept the NICE things I said about his game (for a change, since I hate the guy) and move on. You have to pick apart even a positive post....

Screw it.... Enough trying to be nice.... I hate Tiger, and hope he never makes another cut and becomes the next Duval.

I find it hilarious that some people are arguing that Tiger's own comments about that shot have no validity... Yeah, you all know better than him about what HE CONSIDERED A LUCKY RESULT on a good shot..... That's why he's out playing the Masters and you guys are posting in Ottawagolf forums....

Dan

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    ..... That's why he's out playing the Masters and you guys are posting in Ottawagolf forums....

Dan
    And which of the 2 do you do?

What else are we supposed to do? There are only a couple of courses open and working is no fun, reading and posting seems like a better option! Besides it should all be takin as good fun since there is no real answer.
    Denny

Quote Originally Posted by dbleber
    And which of the 2 do you do?

What else are we supposed to do? There are only a couple of courses open and working is no fun, reading and posting seems like a better option! Besides it should all be takin as good fun since there is no real answer.
    Denny
    How is there not an answer? People have posted his own comments from after the tourney. Yet, some people are talking about "when the cameras is on..." nonsense. If I made that shot on purpose, I'd hardly defer it to LUCK in my interview.... Tiger did.

I post in OG Forums, but I am not making assumptions really. I am clearly posting what even TIGER has said about that shot, and people are arguing it based on what they THINK may exist in some deep subconscious recess of Tiger's mind.

It would be taken in good fun by me, but sadly the Tiger supporters who always b|tch and moan about my negativity towards Tiger are now arguing even when I give him some credit. It's like elementary school....

Dan

Thread Information