CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    6 Iron golfngord is on a distinguished road

Cool Tiger coughs up HAIR BALL

After carefull analysis of the final roundi wonder how Tiger's new swing was holding up.
    He played no better than average on the final 9 playing 1 over par,his only birdies were on a short par 5 with an OK 2 putt and a rather fortuitous shot on 16,yes he hit it but even the great one was just hoping to get close enough to get a par putt.
    On the extra hole his putt would have been at least 6 feet past if it even stayed on the green,perhaps a replay of 12 on the first round.
    No he is not back,he still has a way to go to get his old reputation back as unstopable,the other players now see him as a mortal,beatable.

Was he choking on his final few holes?

golfngord

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    I think he looked great, swing wise he was solid and his short game is coming back to where it was in 99-2000. I didn't think he choked down the stretch either, i mean come on it's the Masters, the most important major in his mind at least and nerves are going to act up. I don't know if he will ever dominate like he did pre 2001 but he is on his way to being on top again, which is where he belongs.

Amateur Golfpeasant is on a distinguished road
    My opinion: his iron work is amazing, as is his short game. Its his driving that is crazy. I think hes around 157 in accuracy? That needs fixing.

Was he choking, or did he think he had it wrapped up. Hard to tell. This is the first sign of him improving since the new swing, so maybe its uphill from here...time will tell.

6 Iron golfngord is on a distinguished road
    Perhaps his swing is great and it is his mental side that is letting Tiger and his fan down
    Lets look at the score card
    Tiger only beat 3 of the top 9 finishers 8 of the top 19 on the final round,hardly dominating.
    Dimarco beat him by 3 on the back nine,over half of the entire feild had a better last 9 hole score than Tiger
    Hmmmmmmmmmm-perhaps he was succumbing to the pressure from Dimarco,maybe it was a good thing that there were no more holes left to play in regulation.

Fairway Junkie Michael is on a distinguished road
    Is there a point to this thread??? Who took the green jacket at the end???

Is Tiger beatable yes, I think so. Keep in mind, except for Dimarco, he beat the next nearest competitor by 7 shots. Some would view that as still a dominant performance.

Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    If I was a PGA tour Pro, I would sure hope he is back cause if he is not and he still won three tournaments in 8 starts. They sure won’t like it when he is back.

Tiger did what he had to on Sunday considering that he was not hitting it well. That’s the opposite of choking. That’s what separates a great player. Stress or pressure was not what made Tiger hit erratic shots. He does not trust his swing 100%……Yet.
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

Hybrid oldmaninblack is on a distinguished road
    I've got to admit that much as I love watching golf anytime, if Phil, Vijay, Ernie or Tiger aren't in the running on Sunday, I might not even watch.

I think all the players fear a return to the streak where Tiger seemed to win just by showing up, but a lot of fans (me anyway) would love to see it.

So, Tiger isn't back ... he's just good enough to win ... the only person better than him is the "old" Tiger

Thread Information