CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Flyers fan

5 Wood golferinmd is on a distinguished road

Flyers fan

Just wanted to say greetings to this board and think Mason is playing awesome and that the Chief has done a great job turning the team around. Giroux should be playing for Team Canada (I am American by the way)

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    Who would you pick if you were a GM, Crosby or Giroux?
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Making Cuts habsfan is on a distinguished road habsfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by golferinmd View Post
    Just wanted to say greetings to this board and think Mason is playing awesome and that the Chief has done a great job turning the team around. Giroux should be playing for Team Canada (I am American by the way)
    Like Nokids said who do you remove at centre in favour of Giroux, Crosby, Tavares or Getzlaf? And you can't argue Bergeron as he's there for a very specific role and does it better then anyone else in the league. Emphasis was on players playing their natural positions and unless your willing to remove the three names mentioned Giroux doesnt belong. Still a world class player though with top notch talent, still dont understand how he went so late in the first round, and dont understand how Ottawa or Montreal didnt pick this guy up with him playing for the Olympiques.

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by habsfan View Post
    Like Nokids said who do you remove at centre in favour of Giroux, Crosby, Tavares or Getzlaf? And you can't argue Bergeron as he's there for a very specific role and does it better then anyone else in the league. Emphasis was on players playing their natural positions and unless your willing to remove the three names mentioned Giroux doesnt belong. Still a world class player though with top notch talent, still dont understand how he went so late in the first round, and dont understand how Ottawa or Montreal didnt pick this guy up with him playing for the Olympiques.
    Saw him play in Junior quite a few time. But he played in the "Q".... for most scout it is a weaker league, even though they won the Memorial Cup 3 years in a row. The Habs pick David Fischer (2 picks before Giroux). I was there when they won vs Rouyn-Noranda for all 3 games and only a few scouts were there. Rouyn-Noranda is way too far for the scouts.... Talked to a few and they thought they were at the end of the road...LOL.

Ottawa didn't have a pick early enough... but could have traded... This guy was so good in Junior...
    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Scouts fly to Sweden Russia Turkzikistan to look at high level talent but Rimouski is too far?

Driver Golfer100 is on a distinguished road
    Kessel and JVR will out perform Crosby and Kunitz. Not saying the Gold but just overall impact at the Olympics.

5 Wood leafman is on a distinguished road leafman's Avatar
    There is no way NHL players should be allowed to go to the Olympics imo. They are too highly paid/valuable to their actual teams to risk injury at a volunteer job. If Kessel or JVR (to a slightly lesser amount) get hurt over there my Leafs are screwed. Shutting down the league for a few weeks in the middle of the season also makes no logical sense either.

Quote Originally Posted by leafman View Post
    There is no way NHL players should be allowed to go to the Olympics imo. They are too highly paid/valuable to their actual teams to risk injury at a volunteer job. If Kessel or JVR (to a slightly lesser amount) get hurt over there my Leafs are screwed. Shutting down the league for a few weeks in the middle of the season also makes no logical sense either.
    I dont completely disagree with what you said but the Olympics are about awarding medals for the very best in each discipline, my opinion if you remove the NHL'rs you might as well remove it from the games altogether, it really wont be about who is best. Who pays attention to baseball at the summer Olympics, would be much more relevant if the MLB guys played in it. Last thing on my mind is how Montreal will perform inspite of 10 guys going over there, then again I'm no Leafs fan and can understand your insecurities given if Kessel goes down the season is literally over for you boys.

Quote Originally Posted by habsfan View Post
    I dont completely disagree with what you said but the Olympics are about awarding medals for the very best in each discipline, my opinion if you remove the NHL'rs you might as well remove it from the games altogether, it really wont be about who is best. Who pays attention to baseball at the summer Olympics, would be much more relevant if the MLB guys played in it. Last thing on my mind is how Montreal will perform inspite of 10 guys going over there, then again I'm no Leafs fan and can understand your insecurities given if Kessel goes down the season is literally over for you boys.
    And Carey Price is going to win Gold, dream on Habs fan!!!

No NHL in the Olympics just as bad as NBA at the summer games. Get rid of Olympic hockey including women's so called hockey. We watch NHL for real hockey anything else is a side-show.

And what you think that heartless bum Kessel will win? Quick question, roughly how old are you Golfer100?
    And pretty funny you being Canadian cheering against Price cause of what exaclty, if Anderson was in nets for Canada and Price for US I would cheer for Anderson over Price, but I guess we have a different agenda.

And for the record Habs fans have no ill will towards Leafs fans in general, we actually feel pity for your fan base, you guys have been irrelevant for so long, Toronto literally as no current rivalry in the NHL, pretty sad really. I get pumped for a Bruins/Habs, Sens/Habs and a few more but Leafs, sorry win or lose against you guys is completely irrelevant to most Habs fans now a days, sorry to burst your bubble.

Only a matter of time until the 18 wheeler fulfills its destiny

5 Wood leafman is on a distinguished road leafman's Avatar
    I'm not sure if any of that was meant towards me but whatever. I personally don't care about the olympics and although I'd like to see success for Kess/JVR the fewer games they play over there the lower the chance of injury. As for the Leafs, I don't like the lack of D style but I think if they can find a way to play mediocre D with the strength of scoring and solid (most of the time) play in nets we will be hard to beat in a 7 game series. Clarkson has been a disaster but maybe this break will give him a fresh start. He'll never live up to the contract points wise but if he plays a hard grinding game (much like Bolland at the start of the season) he can definitely make a big difference. If the Leafs meet the Habs in playoffs (if the Leafs and Habs even make playoffs...lol) I think the rivalry will be renewed as Montreal fans will not like being ousted by the Blue and White. And how exactly are the Sens relevant......lol

Just my 2 cents

I'm not sure if any of that was meant towards me but whatever. I personally don't care about the olympics and although I'd like to see success for Kess/JVR the fewer games they play over there the lower the chance of injury. As for the Leafs, I don't like the lack of D style but I think if they can find a way to play mediocre D with the strength of scoring and solid (most of the time) play in nets we will be hard to beat in a 7 game series. Clarkson has been a disaster but maybe this break will give him a fresh start. He'll never live up to the contract points wise but if he plays a hard grinding game (much like Bolland at the start of the season) he can definitely make a big difference. If the Leafs meet the Habs in playoffs (if the Leafs and Habs even make playoffs...lol) I think the rivalry will be renewed as Montreal fans will not like being ousted by the Blue and White. And how exactly are the Sens relevant......lol

Just my 2 cents
    Not directed at you at all we were having a civil conversation till the riff raff came in. The Sens have done a lot more over the last 10years then the Leafs have done over the last 50. Agreed a Leafs/Habs series would go a long way in renewing the hatred.
    Last edited by habsfan; 02-11-2014 at 11:16 AM.

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nokids View Post
    Scouts fly to Sweden Russia Turkzikistan to look at high level talent but Rimouski is too far?
    They probably went to Rimouski.... but the games were in Rouyn-Noranda...lol.

Believe me... if they would have been there, Giroux would have been drafted earlier. Easy to know who the scouts are... most of them were Jr or NHL players... easy to recognize and fun to talk to. Most of the scouts are regional.... not to many times they will fly anywhere. All the scouts that were there came by car... Bruins' scout left Saginaw and came to Rouyn-Noranda... arrive in the middle of the night...
    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Thread Information