CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Driver Muddler is on a distinguished road

Myrtle Beach: Better Accomodations

Where is a nice place to stay down there?

I was looking at Barefoot resort; the golf looks great but the accommodations look like someone's basement circa 1986. Any advice?

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    What are you looking for? Condo, house, beach, golf course? How many people?
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

2 people, 2 beds.

Prefer something on a golf course, but I'm flexile.

haven't stayed at too many courses. I have heard the condos at Legends are decent. Other than that, do a search on here:

http://elliottrealty.com/

pretty much something for everyone

Putter outthere is on a distinguished road
    We have stayed at the Myrtle Beach Marriott Grand Dunes and it is very comfortable but not on a golf course.

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    Stayed at Barefoot last year. Huge condo, 4 BR... like you said it was a bit 1986... but still really clean and nice. There is some that have been totally redone. We wanted something big, high and facing the water... beautiful balcony... I would go there again for sure.
    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

8 Iron manotick is on a distinguished road
    We stayed in MB last October at a hotel - Sandy Shores on the beach in the south end - and had a great time. Had a 1 bedroom suite on the 18th floor with balcony on the ocean. Fantastic sun rises every morning. We were 5 minutes to Hwy 501 so could easily get all over MB and were with 20 minutes of a lot of golf courses. One day took a drive down to Georgetown (lovely boardwalk on the harbour there you can eat at) and went through Pawley's Island which is filled with golf courses.

Hey, thanks for the responses. I think we're going with the Legends. Seems like pretty good value.

Putter papa alpha is on a distinguished road
    Go on VRBO and select Seawatch. You can usually get a 1 or 2 bedroom for about 100/night. You are right on the beach in North MB. Easy (using the bipass) to get to southern courses, but lot of good ones in NBM. Then get a Mygolf membership. Pays for itself in a week.

Playing Winter Rules Swerve is on a distinguished road
    When are you heading to Legends? I am booked in there at the end of April and I would be very interested in hearing about the course conditions, accommodations, etc...

Thanks...

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Do a search for Myrtle Beach Golf Talk. The forum there is great way to learn the latest conditions.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road
    Top quality accommodations are Barefoot Yacht Club Villas and Marina Inn @ Grand Dunes. Legends and Myrtlewood Golf Villas are also nice villas. Let me know if you would like a golf package quote, we are an Ottawa Golf Sponsor.
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

3 Wood wboudrea is on a distinguished road wboudrea's Avatar
    I stayed at Legends just after Christmas this year. The accommodations were nice and I really enjoyed the golf. Big lit driving range and decent food. Breakfast was a buffet which was alright but the stuff off the menu was good. Nice staff and good little pub on site. Only downside is you have to drive anywhere you want to go. We also did the golf school which is on site which was a lot of fun. Any other questions feel free to ask.
    You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"-#99

I ended up going to Legends. It was great! And great value. $98us per night per person for accommodations, green fees, breakfast, lunch, and two drink tickets, and taxes included.

The three courses on-site all have a different character. I liked Heathland the best. Its a forgiving linksy design. Parkland was good too, but much more demanding. Moorland was interesting but very hard. It's designed by Peter Dye and has a bunch of goofy blind and target shots.

They own two courses off-site which are supposed to be among the best in Myrtle Beach, but we just played the ones on the resort. We didn't feel like driving 25 minutes to a course when we could just roll out of bed and be at the bag drop in 1 minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Muddler View Post
    I ended up going to Legends. It was great! And great value. $98us per night per person for accommodations, green fees, breakfast, lunch, and two drink tickets, and taxes included.

The three courses on-site all have a different character. I liked Heathland the best. Its a forgiving linksy design. Parkland was good too, but much more demanding. Moorland was interesting but very hard. It's designed by Peter Dye and has a bunch of goofy blind and target shots.

They own two courses off-site which are supposed to be among the best in Myrtle Beach, but we just played the ones on the resort. We didn't feel like driving 25 minutes to a course when we could just roll out of bed and be at the bag drop in 1 minute.
    The legends courses are all pretty solid. Too bad you didn't make it up to Oyster Bay, well worth the trip and what MB golf is all about with a number of holes along the marshlands. One of my favourite courses down there.

Thread Information