CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    5 Wood golferinmd is on a distinguished road

Backswing thought

I always work on proper shoulder turn to start my backswing. What thought do you use? Does the shoulder to chin work? I am a firm believer in big muscles in backswing but can't pull off and net a reliable swing thought to ensure my shoulders are on right plane. Thanks

Driver Golfer100 is on a distinguished road
    Think of a hoola hoop around your hips (swing plane) that matches your take-away. Then imagine your club tracing the hoola hoop circumference thereby giving you the sensation and reality of a big muscle rotation. Always keeping your eyes on the ball but not a stationary head. If you keep the club head in a positive position and with the correct circumferenretial take away you will see a definite improvement in limiting the arms and engaging the big muscles.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Grab a club and take your stance. Now drop the club and fold your arms across your chest. Make your turn with your shoulders to get the proper feel.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    Ball in middle of the fairway, 110 from hole, dont this up!
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Thanks...one of the thoughts that seems to work but need to groove it is to use the shoulders to push the club back. I know this will produce an arc and I think it gives good club plane. I start my club back turning my shoulders in a way to move the club back...if I watch the club I see it curve inside (not too inside and looks on plane).

If I do this I don't worry about shoulder angle on backswing thought..good swing thought?

I also work on turning my shoulders (rotate) them while keeping my spine over the ball..so it feels like the shoulders rock back and straight back

Any more thoughts..now I am working on picturing a hand pushing my left shoulder around my spine and less down..still working on it

I see my instructor tomorrow but like this new swing thought..I get confused with shoulder plane as shoulder turns. I now just turn my shoulders to the ground more and around.. I seem centered more and good have good coil. I hope instructor approves!

Saw my instructor. He did a good job catching my right had has been under my left too much. Now my right hand is over my left thumb which helps me with my closed face on the downswing. I had some good success with starting the left shoulder. At home I work on having the left shoulder (back shoulder blade) push in a way my body turns to the right side...working...

I am using my GC2 and the GolfSense 3D to work on the swing. My swing was too inside and now the Golfsense is making the swing more up and down less around..if that makes sense

Putter DarthFader is on a distinguished road
    Personally, I like to feel the right shoulder (right handed player) move out of the way. This thought has worked well for me. Thanks.

I have tried that and I am a left handed guy swinging right so my left shoulder is easier to control. What I am doing know is breaking the right wrist on the takeaway and I got some good numbers with the Golfsense and the GC2 agrees. Seems to get you a full wrist break that way and keep the left wrist from bending. I think rotary swing uses it. I like it so far

abre0005
    I mainly have 2 thoughts on my backswing

1. Keep the club along the ground on the way back. This helps me create a wide arc and plenty of separation between my arms and my chest. And generally helps me keep my shoulder plane consistent.

2. Finish my backswing. At times I get too "quick" and block shots to the right when I start the transition to down before completing my shoulder turn.

Par Dax is on a distinguished road
    I agree with lob wedge and note that I put a club at my feet and another perpidicular to that club beside my right heel and try to turn so the club in my arms is parallel to the one at my feet.

Putter DarthFader is on a distinguished road
    I try to feel like I'm throwing the club towards the target.

Consistently present Kiwi is on a distinguished road Kiwi's Avatar
    One, of many, is "swing through the ball". I've found over the years (63) that the more you think, the worse you are (for me at least). The swing is the swing. For me breaking it down just gives me more to think about. Square face at impact and swing through work for me... sometimes.
    "All I need to know about life, I learned from my dog".

Thread Information