CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    8 Iron manotick is on a distinguished road

Sediona, Arizona

I am going to Sedona, Arizona for the first time in March for a week. I have played for 3 years now and my wife is a new golfer. Has anyone been there and know what would be some good courses to play for our levels? Are there ways to get discounts on the golf? Any info or tips about the golf or anything else to see in the area would be great. Will take a day to visit the Grand Canyon while there. Flying via Las Vegas.

Cheers

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Hi Manotick---we have been to Sedona about 5 years ago---there is a small 9 hole course that you play twice from 2 different tees that is quite reasonable and decent condition---there are also 2 resort courses that are a bit pricy. If you want a treat drive to Prescott and play Antelope hills--older course--apparently they have 2 18s now but the first 18 was a blast---fairway and desert with lots of elevation changes. At the time it was 35.00 with cart.

One thing to do while in Sedona----go for a hike up Bell Rock---not difficult at first but will get harder as you proceed---take your camera and a decent pair of hiking shoes---not the real expensive ones but decent.

Enjoy.
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

7 Iron sliceleft is on a distinguished road
    Seven Canyons -- most beautiful scenery anywhere.

Golf Pig of the Year 07,08 rpangman is on a distinguished road rpangman's Avatar
    Go see the Chapel of the Holy Cross. Beautiful.
    We played Oak Creek GC. Check *** for some good rates.

Wannamaker stevek is on a distinguished road stevek's Avatar
    We played here a few years ago. It was very scenic!

http://www.sedonagolfresort.com/site...998&page=57233

However, Sedona is in the north highlands of Arizona and when we played in April of that year there had been some recent snow and the conditions were not perfect. The town itself is very artsy so be prepared to buy. My wife and I bought a few paintings there.
    "Only one man in a thousand is a leader of men...
    the other 999 follow women." - Groucho Marx

Thanks for this; lots of great ideas there. We are really looking forward to the trip and our keeping our fingers crossed about avoiding that snow....DRATS!!!!

Fairway Junkie sharkshooter is on a distinguished road sharkshooter's Avatar
    Non-golf suggestions:

Rent a jeep and drive on the rocks - we used Barlow http://barlows.us/sedona-rentals/sedona-rentals.html. If you'd rather be a passenger, there are other jeep tours available.

Wine country - there are several wineries in the area, and lots of choices for tours.

Enjoy!

Back from Sedona

My wife and I played 3 rounds. Twice at the magnificent Sedona Golf Resort and once at nearby Canyon Mesa.

If you are in Northern Arizona you have to play Sedona Golf Resort. Among the finest views you will ever see. If you want to see our photos just email me. manotick at gmail dot com.

My wife's first time golfing on an 18 hole course ever and so we did not keep scores but just played our shots. Also, was our first time out this year. Played the first day with a lovely couple our age from Colorado. Impeccable golf etiquette. Second day played with a rather obnoxious and uncouth couple from South Carolina. Twice I had a great shot to the green and before I could get there to see exactly where it landed the male kicked it away. Also, they would shoot even though they were ahead of us on the fairway. I tried to explain the rules but they just laughed and kept doing what they were doing. Glad when the round was finished...tough outing for my wife that day. The last day we played just the two of us at Canyon Mesa and had an enjoyable round. It is a 9 hole course and a lot easier than Sedona Golf Resort and perfect for my wife.

Will definitely be going back in the next couple of years and will hope we get better people to play with.

Sedona vs Wolf Creek

If you are going back you might consider flying to Vegas instead and then driving north to Mesquite, NV. Wolf Creek of Tiger Woods Game fame is there and is AWESOME! There is also an Arnold Palmer course (or two) there that is also AWESOME!

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    I played Wolf Creek on a very hot day, it was fabulous.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Lob Wedge dMike34 is on a distinguished road
    Looking to visit Arizona in November. I'll be staying at the in-laws to help finish installing some stuff like new shocks, smittybilt bumper and some LED lights on his Wrangler and use it for some trailing fun. Hoping to have some spare days and play at Wolf Creek.

A long drive (~6hrs?) between Wolf Creek in Mesquite, NV and Sedona, AZ. All around Grand Canyon.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    I have played Wolf Creek, a very very nice golf course, super scenic, just don't wander off the green stuff too much, a lot of snakes there.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Thread Information