CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    14Drums

New House, New Simulator...Help!

Building a new house. Have a 15x22 room for a new simulator. Full Swing and Foresight have been attentive answering my questions so far. Trackman has not yet returned my emails. Read several of the threads here and really am only more confused. I have hit the FullSwing and "half sim" version of Foresight at a GolfTec, I have not hit on Trackman, but had a friend tell me it is what the pros and club fitters use and his opinion is it is best measurement. The FullSwing is a fun system, but I worry its data measurement is subpar. The Foresight seems to have decent data measurement, but it is not as fun and there seemed to be a "delay" from when it hit screen to the display of the ball flight. Putting money aside: which system is best for me, seeking opinions from some of the experts. I value first accurate measurement and lots of data to track in a "practice" mode, and second the "fun" of the system in a play mode. Also, my wife is a lefty and I am a righty, so Foresight seems more cumbersome to deal with to switch. Thanks!

Hybrid fhann is on a distinguished road fhann's Avatar
    Based on your requirements, I would recommend Flightscope, Trackman or ProTee 2.0. You are just on the minimum length requirement for Flightscope. Trackman requires about 1.5 feet less minimum length than Flightscope. You would not have a floor space restriction with ProTee 2.0.
    Engineered Golf - Frank Hann 3.8 GHIN
    www.engineeredgolf.ca

Known entity psace is on a distinguished road
    If you can afford it, trackman for sure!

Par Dax is on a distinguished road
    Trackman is still on top of my list and note that they have been pretty good at responding to my questions. I can send you the email of the person in that I have been emailing. He does get back to me and aplologizes when he is tied up and I suspect this week he will be tied up at the golf show.

Based on my understanding the min requirements for Trackman are: Ball flight - the unit needs 10 feet of ball flight (likely different slightly than to the screen, but I would use 10 feet to the screen) and then the unit needs to sit between 8 to 10 feet behind the hitting location. In designing my space, I have tried to ensure that I have at least 20 feet of total length (depending on how much space I put behind the screen and the wall (I am thinking a foot), then I will have 21 feet total length. There is no min requirement of width other than making sure you can swing the club.

If you go with Trackman, the only decision will be which of the four options available to you for an indoor capable unit will you go for. This is what I am trying to decide at the moment and the Cdn dollar jumping off the cliff this past month has not helped me out at all

14Drums

Unhappy

Thanks fhann, psace and Dax. I notice none of you even mention FullSwing or Foresight. Is that because you have tried those and have knowledge of them or just because you are more familiar with those you recommend? Dax, I would like to get that email for Trackman. So let me figure out how to request to contact you via email...I just signed up to this forum and don't know ropes yet.

Just sent you a PM with the contact details.

Known entity psace is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by 14Drums View Post
    Thanks fhann, psace and Dax. I notice none of you even mention FullSwing or Foresight. Is that because you have tried those and have knowledge of them or just because you are more familiar with those you recommend? Dax, I would like to get that email for Trackman. So let me figure out how to request to contact you via email...I just signed up to this forum and don't know ropes yet.
    Just look at who is using it and the data you get from it compared to other simulators.

3 Wood Frans@france is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    If you go with Trackman, the only decision will be which of the four options available to you for an indoor capable unit will you go for. This is what I am trying to decide at the moment and the Cdn dollar jumping off the cliff this past month has not helped me out at all

It would seem to me that that decision is not that hard All 4 options come with the same hardware, it's only a limitation by firmware. Anytime you wish you can upgrade to another option. So if you do not want to connect highspeed camera's with the system right now you go for the license without the video support. Then if you're going to using it indoor more then outdoor you take the indoor license. If you however ever want to use it outdoor then you buy outdoor license hours. In fact I believe some outdoor hours are offered when buying the indoor license.....

Please note that highspeed camera's here means real highspeed camera's that can be controlled by other hardware. So no basic casio\canon etc will work. I mean camera's like http://www.ximea.com/en/products-new...amera-falstest Also note that you need some serious light in order to work with these camera's indoor!

1 Iron AJA is on a distinguished road
    Hello! Just wanted to add my 2 cents. What ceiling height do you have planned for your golf sim space? I would suggest that 10 feet is the bare minimum to not feel constrained. I have almost 11 feet but sure do wish There was more height available.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    What is your budget?

Hybrid fhann is on a distinguished road fhann's Avatar
    14Drums

The reason I did not mention Foresight or Fullswing was because you initially discounted them within your acceptable criteria for purchase.
    Engineered Golf - Frank Hann 3.8 GHIN
    www.engineeredgolf.ca

Shotmaker bubs3141 is on a distinguished road
    no putting on trackman though correct?

3 Wood Frans@france is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by bubs3141 View Post
    no putting on trackman though correct?
    correct

Correct, but in speaking with TM there is a putting solution that you can add to your build.

Shotmaker bubs3141 is on a distinguished road
    what is it??

I never researched or followed up on the putting, as the putting part was not all that important for what I was hoping for, but it was described to me as E6's putting board.

14Drums
    AJA, I have 10 feet 6 inches.

Bubba22: willing to pay for good performance. So willing to pay for good technology. I am fully aware of how expensive the systems can cost with all the options etc, willing to spend that amount, but as demonstrated by seeking advice, I want to make sure I have the right system. I have read in other posts that FullSwing is not as accurate as TrackMan and somehow you can "trick" FullSwing. That is what spooked me a bit and made me seek advice. Also, on the Foresight I tested, there was a "delay" from hitting the ball to seeing the flight and it required messing with a keyboard a bunch, also more cumbersome to switch from right to left handed.

Bogie Libbing is on a distinguished road Libbing's Avatar
    Never used those systems, but for that kind of $$ hopefully you can find somewhere to see them in action before making the decision. Price of a fight somewhere isn't much compared to buying one of these and not liking it! I'd make sure that putting solution works. It's a lot more enjoyable over the long run to be able to play full rounds rather than just hitting balls over and over (for the same reason you play rounds in real life and not just sit at the range 100% of the time)

Thread Information