CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Caddy golfun is on a distinguished road
    So what do you think would happen if the golfer de-lofted the club 10 degrees at impact?
    Guessing it would produce a lower, faster flight unless the other mechanics of the swing changed it.

3 Wood Frans@france is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by golfun View Post
    So what do you think would happen if the golfer de-lofted the club 10 degrees at impact?
    Guessing it would produce a lower, faster flight unless the other mechanics of the swing changed it.
    most of the time the golfer will also produce 10 degrees more Angle of Attack. Spinloft, spin, speed ( and smash) all stay the same, launch will be 10D lower.

So your saying that everything will stay the say except the LA, which will be lower. That's where the unit wouldn't be able to detect the LA, because the BS and CS haven't changed. Sound right?

3 Wood Frans@france is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by golfun View Post
    So your saying that everything will stay the say except the LA, which will be lower. That's where the unit wouldn't be able to detect the LA, because the BS and CS haven't changed. Sound right?
    it will not be able to guesstimate the launch angle anywhere near the real value. However as most of the golfers have no idea what the difference between a 10Degree or 15Degree launch angle looks like this machine will sell like crazy until enough negative reports are released. But even then I would not hold my breath until that happens, as even up to this moment people (including fitters) are also still using the zelocity purelauch and even pay usd 100,- every year for the software license to be renewed ...it really makes me cry\sad\sick..

http://wishongolf.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12924

Thanks Frans. I understand more what your saying. I realllly de-loft my irons at impact. So who knows. I can't wait to see a comparison chart to a GC2 or similar and how off the numbers are/not.

Pitching Wedge throttle is on a distinguished road
    Just received my email conformation that they will ship me my unit this Friday. Anyone else who pre-ordered get the same notice?

I saw on their twitter that they already started to order, and they are putting up an order page tomorrow for it.

Ryder Cup Par2Pro is on a distinguished road Par2Pro's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by throttle View Post
    Just received my email conformation that they will ship me my unit this Friday. Anyone else who pre-ordered get the same notice?
    Nothing yet here

Heard people received their unit already....

Yup, just got mine, but will be away for a bit - hope to check it out late next week.

Can't wait to see side by side comparison data on this!!!

Putter bopper is on a distinguished road
    I received mine today but the app is still not up in the Apple App Store. Were you able to activate your unit without an App and if so, let me know how you did it. I tried to use it without the app but nothing registered.

CAL7
    Seems to me that these real-world comparisons are worthless if they are using scratch golfers because their perfect his mimic the es14 parameters. What would be useful is a bunch of 25 handicappers hitting errant shots.

Quote Originally Posted by CAL7 View Post
    Seems to me that these real-world comparisons are worthless if they are using scratch golfers because their perfect his mimic the es14 parameters. What would be useful is a bunch of 25 handicappers hitting errant shots.
    I'm a 14 handicap. We have a flight scope at our club. Will try to see the stats if the es14 vs the flight scope.

We have a high end flight scope with the metallic balls. Will try to compare the es14 to the stats from the flight scope.

Putter newman is on a distinguished road newman's Avatar
    Hi
    see you guys are starting to get your ES 14. Will they be selling at Golf town? ES12 is being sold there. Contacted Ernest Sports and not sure. Said I could order from them with the $100 off discount code. Good deal but with shipping ,taxes and duty might be better to wait.

Thanks
    Newman

I received mine last Friday. Having issues so far, it only registers about one in ten shots. When it does register a shot the data seems off.

And yes I used the ruler the thing came with. Anyone else who got theirs having similar issues. I hope I just have a lemon and can get it replaced...

I tried my both at an outdoor range & indoor range vs a flight scope. I would say 3 out of 4 shots were captured. Certainly not good enough so far. However, compared to the flight scope, the average ball speed difference was 3 mph and the average distance difference was 10 yards. However, more concerning is the spin rate with a 6 iron was probably off by 1000-2000 rpm.

Launch Angle?

Nope. Overall very good for the price. Measures club head speed and ball accurately. Next best thing is probably the 2500 flight scope but that doesn't even measure spin.

In the Zone syhlif32 is on a distinguished road
    Nope. Overall very good for the price. Measures club head speed and ball accurately. Next best thing is probably the 2500 flight scope but that doesn't even measure spin.
    Do believe the Xi is measuring spin but it is not displayed just used for distance and left/ right calculation.
    Same unit as the Xi+ just limited in what it outputs.

Ace goatbarn is on a distinguished road
    I can confirm that the Xi does measure spin, as well as all the other variables including club parameters. As long as you have the proper clearance recommendations.

In the Zone syhlif32 is on a distinguished road
    Goatbarn What about publish a review of your Xi+ ?

Can someone post side by side ES14 and another Units numbers when they get a chance?
    10 Yards average off? Could roll and wind be enough to effect it?

Update - talked to support today and you need about 10 feet before your impact screen indoors. My screen is about 9.5 so I moved my hitting position a little father back and started to get better results. Angling the unit slightly left 3-5 degrees for those of us who tend to draw the ball also helps in shot detection (right handed player). It's pretty sensitive to where you place the unit, it comes with a ruler/template to help set it the correct distance from the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by syhlif32 View Post
    Goatbarn What about publish a review of your Xi+ ?
    I'll definitely get something up, as soon as my new setup is complete. Takes a while protecting the hitting area when you're 13'+ away.

Putter greenadam21 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by bopper View Post
    I tried my both at an outdoor range & indoor range vs a flight scope. I would say 3 out of 4 shots were captured. Certainly not good enough so far. However, compared to the flight scope, the average ball speed difference was 3 mph and the average distance difference was 10 yards. However, more concerning is the spin rate with a 6 iron was probably off by 1000-2000 rpm.
    bopper-

I'm curious about your range time. Was it on matts or turf? I'm concerned with divot debris interfering with BS, and also with the fact that it looks like you have to have the ball in the same place every shot (since I see the template that comes with it). Does this require moving the unit around every couple of shots so you aren't hitting out of a divot?

Hey Guys,

We got our ES14 and got a 1/2 day to test it out. Here are the vids we took and the link to get one if you want it
    Hope that helps - feel free to contact me at cory@par2pro.com if you have any questions

Happy Golfing,
    Cory

Putter newman is on a distinguished road newman's Avatar
    Hi
    thanks for excellent info !! Was hard to find till now. It doesn't have to give 100% accurate info on launch or spin but as long as a trend when changing lofts,shafts etc. would be good enough for me. Much like bringing your driver to GT to "compare "against the others on sim. Hard decision on what to do when 5 feet of snow melts. LOL

Thanks again
    Rick

This unit will not show differences in launch/spin, as far as I know. So, no it wont be good for fitting yourself for shafts.

It'll be useful to show improvements in technique tracked as increasing your smash factor/carry. But comparing two driver/shaft combo's, assuming you hit them the same (ball speed), you won't be able to optimize launch/spin, since they are not measured, but estimated.

Thread Information