100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Hopelessly Addicted jsttaylor is on a distinguished road jsttaylor's Avatar

Best Bag For Clic Gear?

Just got a Clic Gear 3.0 and am curious to know what bag everyone is using on them? Is the clic gear bag the best or ? I do take my bag by itself to the range quite often so a small consideration for me is also how well the bag stands up by itself not on the cart.
    Thoughts, opinions?
    Born to Golf Forced to Work

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Not sure if this helps you but Willster has a Clic bag for sale here. He may be able to shed some light on the subject.

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    Yeah , the clic gear bag obviously fits perfectly on the cart , although I've used an Ogio bag previously and haven't had any real issues , other than that it sometimes rotates a bit after being on the cart for a while.
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Must be Single Txxxxxxx is on a distinguished road Txxxxxxx's Avatar
    You can put any bag on them. I regularly use my TMAG Carry bag, and there is enough clearance that the bottom plate does not interfere with the wheel.

Gap Wedge WayRey is on a distinguished road
    I know you just bought the cart but i was searching the web and found a clicgear tour bag kit for any present clicgear cart owners that might be interested. Anyone out there that is 6 ft tall or more (i'm 6 ft 5) this is the best thing since sliced bread in my opinion. I ve posted before and after pics from the handle being raised to the highest point and you can easily see where clubs are no longer banging on the frame and much easier access to the storage pocket. P1010002.jpg P1010001.jpg

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    Yes that is glorious!!

Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WayRey View Post
    I know you just bought the cart but i was searching the web and found a clicgear tour bag kit for any present clicgear cart owners that might be interested. Anyone out there that is 6 ft tall or more (i'm 6 ft 5) this is the best thing since sliced bread in my opinion. I ve posted before and after pics from the handle being raised to the highest point and you can easily see where clubs are no longer banging on the frame and much easier access to the storage pocket. Attachment 42991 Attachment 42992
    Where did you grab that?
    Proud Member BigJohnnys Ryder Cup Team '08
    All your base, are belong to us.

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    I had GT order me one this morning, shouldn't take more than a few days. 24.99$

I was able to find mine on the web at Goliath Golf in Toronto, they are a clicgear distributor so they have all kinds of neat replacement stuff as well that most people don't know is available. Was 24.00 and 10.00 for Canpar. I had inquired at a few different places about them and they had no idea what i was talking about.

(pretty simple installation too, consists of the upper bracket and a lower bracket, you have to replace both or the bag will rub on the wheel).

I also found out that clicgear have realized on the 3.0 and older carts that the upper strap was too short and had a tendency of squishing a lot of the bags as some of you i'm sure already know. Apparently they have rectified this on the 3.5 model and the upper strap is 1-1/2" longer. You can buy the replacements in various colors and they will fit on any clicgear cart made as the posts are all standard size.
    BLACK_zps33872bd8.jpgNo i don't work for clicgear i just have way too much time on my hands suffering from golf withdrawls.

Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar
    Does that impede the folding of the cart?
    Proud Member BigJohnnys Ryder Cup Team '08
    All your base, are belong to us.

Hi Ginker,
    Not at all..folds up or down just as easily. The only noticeable difference is a couple of more inches of storage it might take up from the protruding arms.. Easily pop off the straps if you really want too for sP1010003.jpgtorage, personally i think i would leave them on as they don't seem to get in the way, until you throw it in the trunk you never know of course.P1010004.jpg

Hopelessly Addicted jsttaylor is on a distinguished road jsttaylor's Avatar
    Anyone tried the Ogio Chamber bag?
    Born to Golf Forced to Work

JST if you check out my pics i have an ogio myself that has worked great for me and am very happy with it. The biggest thing i found out was if your buying a bag for the clicgear 3.0 as i did you want to be able to mount it on the cart and tie the upper strap to see if it collapses the top at all. I tried a couple of bags that got so collapsed that it made it difficult to even get some of the clubs out. Beleive me if you have to take your cart in with you to try them out it will be well worth it.
    Found this review a couple of weeks ago and thought it was interesting.
    With Golftown buying Golfsmith and seeing a lot of Datrek stuff now on their shelves this bag might be available through GT as well, and certainly seems priced right at 149.95.
    http://www.thehackersparadise.com/?p=21831
    Last edited by WayRey; 01-23-2014 at 09:31 PM.

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WayRey View Post
    I know you just bought the cart but i was searching the web and found a clicgear tour bag kit for any present clicgear cart owners that might be interested. Anyone out there that is 6 ft tall or more (i'm 6 ft 5) this is the best thing since sliced bread in my opinion. I ve posted before and after pics from the handle being raised to the highest point and you can easily see where clubs are no longer banging on the frame and much easier access to the storage pocket. Attachment 42991 Attachment 42992
    Would this thing work on my Sun mountain? Not only am I also 6'5", I find my cart light on the front wheel, and often falls backwards when I shove it on a wild fairway ride, that extension seems to sit the bag up higher, and looks like it would balance the weight distribution better...
    Andrew

I'm not well versed on the sun mountain Andrew, i would guess and only guess it is not the same mounting as the clicgear.

1 Iron BARGEGOLF is on a distinguished road BARGEGOLF's Avatar
    Santa got me a 3.5 for XMAS and like many posting here am over 6'... Given the modifications of the 3.5 over the 3.0 would you know if the tour bag kit would still be a worthwhile upgrade?

Barge this kit was only released last September. As per the attached picture it is actually on a 3.5 cart and based on using a Tour bag.
    If Santa knew about this he would have got you one...lol
    http://www.clicgear.com/accessories/tour-bag-kit.php

1 Iron BARGEGOLF is on a distinguished road BARGEGOLF's Avatar
    Thanks for the info and the link!

Sand Wedge GolfJay is on a distinguished road GolfJay's Avatar
    interested in selling that Ogio bag by any chance ?

Sorry Jay...not for sale.....if you can find one they have an unbeleivable cooler pocket....frozen water still has ice after 3 hours or more on a hot day

Thread Information