CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    3 Wood Golfmaxxx is on a distinguished road Golfmaxxx's Avatar

Are Almostgolf balls quieter when hit with a driver ?

I would like to reduce the sound coming out of my garage as my kids will be sleeping there soon. It's only the woods that make too much noise. Is it worth it to buy some Almostgolf ball ? How much sound reduction are they compared to real balls ?

Cheers !

Eagle SFR is on a distinguished road
    Yes they are a lot less for noise. Also a lot easier on the impact screen. They just don't launch like real balls do or have the ball speed off the clubs but for your system, DD, it makes no difference to use, however if you plan on going out and playing a real round right after practicing with almost balls the real ones will feel like a rock for the first several hits.

I bought a 100 or so to use with my P3pro but since getting the GC2 I only use real balls so I have brand new Almost balls here.

Quote Originally Posted by SFR View Post
    Yes they are a lot less for noise. Also a lot easier on the impact screen. They just don't launch like real balls do or have the ball speed off the clubs but for your system, DD, it makes no difference to use, however if you plan on going out and playing a real round right after practicing with almost balls the real ones will feel like a rock for the first several hits.

I bought a 100 or so to use with my P3pro but since getting the GC2 I only use real balls so I have

brand new Almost balls here.
    Thanks for the reply SFR. I will buy some to use with my woods and tweak the opti speed settings. Are you interested in selling your balls ?

Eagle SFR is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfmaxxx View Post
    Thanks for the reply SFR. I will buy some to use with my woods and tweak the opti speed settings. Are you interested in selling your balls ?
    Yes but......Only my almost balls.....
    I think Cory is selling them for about $40 for 3 dozen and then a bit for postage. See if you can get any better than that and if not let me know if you want some. PM me mailing info etc.

You should not need to tweak any settings as that unit will not read anything to do with the ball speed. It just reads club speed as does the P3pro.

Quote Originally Posted by SFR View Post
    Yes but......Only my almost balls.....
    I think Cory is selling them for about $40 for 3 dozen and then a bit for postage. See if you can get any better than that and if not let me know if you want some. PM me mailing info etc.

You should not need to tweak any settings as that unit will not read anything to do with the ball speed. It just reads club speed as does the P3pro.
    Ha ha ha ! Thats a shame as I thought the whole forum was going to bid on YOUR balls !!! I'll check Coreys site as in in Canada as well.

Cheers !

Thread Information