100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Putter Iocol is on a distinguished road

Foresight GC-2T Tee Marker

From reading the specs on Foresight's website, it looks like a GC2 without the LCD read-out...in other words, you need to use it with software.

Anybody have more information on it other than the website? Curious to see what it will cost....

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Do not expect it to be much different than the GC2.

Par Kball is on a distinguished road
    Can use it with an Apple device or Android device -- these will show the same data as the LCD read-out and in some cases more data. It will be interesting to see how it is priced.

Putter Iocol is on a distinguished road
    Was chatting with another board member today who recently purchased a GC2 and apparently was told that the GC2-T is the same price. I guess Foresight's perspective is that the GC2-T is smaller and more rugged, which off-sets the LCD readout on the GC2. All other things being equal, I would still take the GC2 over the GC2-T.

Lob Wedge Nodeurs is on a distinguished road Nodeurs's Avatar
    It’s the same technology used in the GC2 but without the LCD which might make it cheaper, but the robust shell might counter-balance that...

Still looking for a used GC2 !

2 Iron DjPiLL is on a distinguished road
    Anyone that thinks Foresight was going to discount the GC2T significantly is kidding themselves.

FlightScope is coming out with some new cheaper models. It's a shame their radar based systems need larger rooms (18' of ball flight). The X2 model that gives both ball and club data is almost half the price of a GC2 + HMT.

Hybrid fhann is on a distinguished road fhann's Avatar
    With my Flightscope X2 I am using 9 feet behind the ball to the launch monitor and I have 12.5 feet of ball flight distance from the ball to the impact screen. I get great results.
    Engineered Golf - Frank Hann 3.8 GHIN
    www.engineeredgolf.ca

Sand Wedge slad is on a distinguished road
    Straight from Foresight... The T model is geared more toward retail shops where the device will never move. It lacks a LCD and a battery supply, but the technology is exactly the same - price is exactly the same as well, but it sort of includes the protective case in it's design. Even if I never take my GC2 to range, I still like knowing that I can for 6k+.

Lob Wedge martinGSA is on a distinguished road
    From what I have heard from the PGA show, the GC2 Tee Marker is a whopping $200 less expensive than the standard GC2 i.e. $6700 instead of $6900.
    Price for a single golf course software is $1700 and $500 for every batch of 5 - so I was told.

We sell the same software with 97 courses for $999 so looks like someone is making quite a nice profit here.

Sand Wedge left72 is on a distinguished road
    Hi Martin,

thanks for commenting. Don't get me wrong but the GC2 has been proven to work - right out of the box. Whereas some/many of your products still lack the proof. So the difference may be justified? Or maybe not.... We're curious to learn more from you or your customers.

-Stefan

I don't think Martin's software and the Foresight GC2 are in the same category. The GC2 leads the pack to date... Without any additional proof.

However, I am not familiar with Martin's "courses" for $1k...? I'd like to know more about that, espcially since I've seen that many course sell for 2k. Even at 1k I think it's over priced a little. I would some alacart options of 25 courses for 250, but no way Ill ever spend 500 or more for the 5 course options from Foresight. In the same thought, Martin, I can't see 100 course needed for home use. Small course options would be much more appealing for the home simulator guy. Even if you sold 25 course for 300 a set. Not trying to be critical, but some of have a wonderful time justifying the cost of a simulator to the wife, and then only a while later having to explain ANOTHER grand or two for more, play? Gets tough.

1 Iron Jsgregg is on a distinguished road
    On the subject of the GC2T....I was hoping to see and hear all about it. So far, I really haven't been able to find anything at all. I was really hoping for a demo video from the show, but I haven't had any luck yet.

It's exactly the same as the regular gc2, just wo a screen or battery. Measures the same... Just need an app or software to see the data. I think they have a data sheet on their website.

3 Wood northgolf is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by slad View Post
    I don't think Martin's software and the Foresight GC2 are in the same category. The GC2 leads the pack to date... Without any additional proof.

However, I am not familiar with Martin's "courses" for $1k...? I'd like to know more about that, espcially since I've seen that many course sell for 2k. Even at 1k I think it's over priced a little. I would some alacart options of 25 courses for 250, but no way Ill ever spend 500 or more for the 5 course options from Foresight. In the same thought, Martin, I can't see 100 course needed for home use. Small course options would be much more appealing for the home simulator guy. Even if you sold 25 course for 300 a set. Not trying to be critical, but some of have a wonderful time justifying the cost of a simulator to the wife, and then only a while later having to explain ANOTHER grand or two for more, play? Gets tough.

Slad,

Martin's "courses" are exactly the same as the GC2 "courses". Both companies repackage the red chain sim software and courses with their hardware.

Nice... I would take 25 courses today... I just can't come out of pocket for another grand this soon after my build. Glad to know Martin's course are the same top shelf designs.

Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by northgolf View Post
    Slad,

Martin's "courses" are exactly the same as the GC2 "courses". Both companies repackage the red chain sim software and courses with their hardware.

If you have been following the gc2 protee play thread you will see they are not. The courses do not contain shot algorithms and that is added by vendor
    Others have seen a huge difference in FS and Protee shot outcomes. Protee is adjustable so it would take some time calibrating it to say flightscpoe online shot simulator.

1 Iron Jsgregg is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by slad View Post
    It's exactly the same as the regular gc2, just wo a screen or battery. Measures the same... Just need an app or software to see the data. I think they have a data sheet on their website.
    Yeah, I understand all that. I guess I just want to see it in action. I would like to see it working with their new software.

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    CPA, you should try Protee 2.0 on your GC2.

Hoganwoods(rick), got a 7 day trial license. After download, trial license key, and a couple of remote support sessions, we got him up and running later that day. He's been playing with us online for 3-4 days now. Even joined the tournament. Another user(Pades) purchased it and is just about to join our tour.

For less than the FR1, you get all the courses(same as FS courses) and new ones are free, and online play. Its a no brainer...

Albatross HoganWoods is on a distinguished road HoganWoods's Avatar
    Ya, protee software is great.

I'd also like to note that the GC2 console is smaller than I expected. It's not bulky or in my way at all when I play. I see no reason whatsoever to get the GC2T at that price when you can get the GC2 with an LCD and outdoor capability.

Now lets all play online together!

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    I think ZMax is right. You should try Proteeplay software on GC2. Ask the GC2 owners that are using it how they like it and how accurate it is.

3 Wood Frans@france is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by martinGSA View Post
    We sell the same software with 97 courses for $999 so looks like someone is making quite a nice profit here.

You could do the same especially when you would create an interface between your product and the cg2. Like that interface dll you once had. I believe that protee software is currently selling for usd 2000,-
    http://forum.ottawagolf.com/showthre...-online!/page8

Lob Wedge martinGSA is on a distinguished road

Agreed, the GSA LX launch monitor’s capabilities have yet tobe proven and as such - and even though I priced it at half the price of a GC2 –it is still too expensive. It’s going to be quite an uphill battle to convincepotential buyers to go with the LX without all those big name endorsements andI’m very aware of that - but hey, this is just such a fun project I’d do it anyway. After all, this is a passionfor me and not a way of getting rich.

I’ll be spending a lot of time producing videos with PGAprofessionals in the coming months though to help alleviate this issue. And BTW, apologies for my awful looking swingson the first attempt to do a video of the LX Pro. The pro golfer who wassupposed to do the demo didn’t turn up on that day so had to do it myself.

Ryder Cup Par2Pro is on a distinguished road Par2Pro's Avatar
    Hey All,

We finally got our new GC2T in!!!

You can check out our testing and info videos here:
    http://youtu.be/43jUSb2eHcA
    http://youtu.be/U_7vHm2oHTw

FYI - here was the video I took at the show:
    http://youtu.be/8a4sbALHqVo

Looks like they modified it since the show.

I am not allowed to post pricing (due to my distribution agreement with Foresight), but if you want pricing and/or further info, feel free to email me any time at cory@par2pro.com.

Happy Golfing,
    Cory

2 Iron DjPiLL is on a distinguished road
    Not a bad idea to be able to secure it to the ground. although I question the price on it especially with no LCD screen you would think it would be significantly cheaper. Of course anything with Foresight isn't cheap by any means. The hitting area also appears to be smaller and without the LCD screen it's difficult to tell which side of the hitting area the ball happens to be.

Ryder Cup Par2Pro is on a distinguished road Par2Pro's Avatar
    On the positive side, the metal cradle is already built-in which saves about $300 compared to the GC2A

Thread Information