CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Ryder Cup Par2Pro is on a distinguished road Par2Pro's Avatar
    You are very welcome DGThread...

Yup, definitely anxiously awaiting the new software as the prototype graphics look great! Here is the sneak peak that I got:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeLskEEe7_M

In terms of the delay for the Performance Software:
    1. If you use a Bluetooth connection, there is a very slight delay
    2. If you are on USB, then the software was designed so that the ball flight on screen starts where the ball hits the screen - I really like this feature as it makes it feel a little more realistic / interactive.

Hope that helps, but feel free to email me directly at cory@par2pro.com.

Happy Golfing,
    Cory

Sand Wedge DGThread is on a distinguished road
    Yeah about 70 views on that video alone are from me hehe jk..

Thank you very much for the quick response about the performance software. Knowing that the USB will speed things up makes my decision a little easier. Found this video on the Full Swing set up, and the effect this rep is referring to is what I am after. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KsA...mSkjCuua0#t=56

Also in your video there showing the new software graphics, I find that it's not a lot to go on being that is a 4k tv and not a projector. Also I tried to zoom in but I couldn't see if the tree's were even moving? I find that those little details really make gaming more immersive.

I dream of watching golf and just having the sim set to practice mode 60 yards from the green, during commercials or after a great shot I could just stand up and pitch a few balls myself. Or even to be able to follow along to the Golf Channels playing lessons.

ANyways thanks again!

You are very welcome.

PS: The FSX Course Prototype that we saw had a live environment where trees move, etc.

Cheers,
    Cory

Par Kball is on a distinguished road
    Cory --- You hear anything about WHEN the FSX play software will be available? It is amazing how early Golf Simulator companies start talking about new product offerings that then take forever to be available.

Gap Wedge Steven is on a distinguished road
    I hate to deliver bad news. The latest update I received is that the first course for the FSX software will not be available until early 2015.

Wow - amazing how bad these companies are at launching new products. ��

Lob Wedge mxwoodman is on a distinguished road
    I've seen hardware companies that also do software and try to do the software like the hardware side and most of time fail.
    What's clear at least to me when the market is ripe you get a way with that stuff, being slow to release and of course you can charge way more.

But the landscape is changing with some of the new LM's coming out that are just as accurate and portable as the GC2 forgoing any patent issues.

I think Foresight may be in trouble on the sim side pushing out the software date and will more than likely will cost as much or more as the current software, this is not a good sign and really not good if they only have one course.

Maybe Foresight should jump on integrating The Golf Club software for damage control.

Sand Wedge DGThread is on a distinguished road
    I am fine with them pushing the release date back. I run a gaming site and see this sort of thing all the time. Most of the time, when a game developer company releases software before it's ready, it's almost always a fail. People get too frustrated by glitches and bugs and don't return or buy. I have friends say the same thing about Rockstar's GTA, the first couple days of online were a nightmare. A lot of people still trash talk the game because of their very first experiences even though recent updates have fixed the issue's.

The one big difference is that Rockstar didn't have direct competition like Foresight does.

They really need to admit it's almost 2015 and their Steven Hawking sounding launch monitor is becoming dated, no offense..

I feel that given the proven reliability of the GC2, they will be okay if they do at least 1 of 3 things to survive.

1. Drop the price of the GC2 and it's DLC
    2. Make sure that it's compatible with Golf Club or E611
    3. Come out with software that is un matched.

I will be happy with option 2, till then I will be holding off yet still working on my sim set up.

You don't see Sony or Microsoft coming out with games because they build the hardware. I don't know much about this whole RedChain company but I hope I don't have to start referring to them as Ball&Chain.
    Last edited by DGThread; 08-13-2014 at 05:26 PM.

Anyone have a list of new launch monitors that are coming?

Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    I hate to deliver bad news. The latest update I received is that the first course for the FSX software will not be available until early 2015.
    FYI - The estimate that I got from Foresight this morning is that it will be about 2 to 3 months. Hopefully its true but we won't know until it is released.

Gap Wedge Steven is on a distinguished road
    I have my fingers crossed.

Thread Information