CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    8 Iron col forbin is on a distinguished road
    I was one of the first pre orders and it has shipped and should be arriving Tuesday of this week. The course should follow in probably a month, I am guessing. Anyways, I imagine the fit and compete are available now.

Gap Wedge Steven is on a distinguished road

FSX Software

I will get mine on Tuesday. It should include everything except for the 1 course. The first course should be available for download in about 4 - 6 weeks.

8 Iron torreypines is on a distinguished road
    Currently I am researching simulators. I am leaning towards purchasing GC2. This summer I will demo Foresight's simulator and TruGolf's simulator. I had demos on Full Swing with E6Golf, HD Golf, and About Golf. As you know $$$. I was underwhelmed with the Full Swing Simulator - seemed gamey to me, not vivid graphics (could have been function of projector/impact screen), however accuracy was very good. I was very impressed with both About Golf and HD Golf. Both with excellent course graphics and very accurate. I prefer About Golf, I would get tired of the static course pictures in HD Golf. On this forum I am unable to find comparison's between Foresight's FR-1 simulated courses and E6Golf. On this forum this is a comparison between Protee's Golf 2.0 and E6Golf - I interpreted this detailed comparison as a draw; although the writer preferred the E6Golf. From my understanding both Protee and Foresight use Red Chain software as the engine? If so are the courses/software for both Foresight and Protee generally similar. Is anyone able to contrast and compare FR-1 versus E6Golf. It is too bad that E6Golf can not be used with Foresight's GC2. I thank you in advance.

Par Kball is on a distinguished road
    Col Forbin / Steven - have either of you received the FSX software and been able to test or use it?

FSX Software

I did get the software and I installed it yesterday. I have not had a chance to use it yet. Hopefully tonight.

Lob Wedge kev_vaux is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    I did get the software and I installed it yesterday. I have not had a chance to use it yet. Hopefully tonight.
    Absolute Tease - Get playing and reporting!!!!

Lob Wedge vickseo is on a distinguished road
    I'll be looking to your review. If possible, take some screenshots or a video... Thanks and enjoy it...

FSX Software

I had a chance to use the new software. What we have so far on the FSX software is the fitting program and the practice or games program. These are not very interesting for me personally. I have the 3D Golf software for the GC2 which has a pretty good and entertaining games section for training. I am mainly getting the FSX software for the switch to a more realistic golf simulation when playing a course. The 3D Golf software is a little to golfer friendly in their simulation.

The practice section of the software contains Long Drive, Closest to Pin and the skills section. The Long Drive is pretty simple. It just takes place on a driving range. The long drive on the 3D golf lets you do this on a actual hole that you choose from the courses you have. Maybe this will also be an option on the FSX software when courses become available.
    The closest to the pin competition also takes place on a driving range with a green to hit to. I am also hoping this competition will let you choose from actual holes once courses become available.
    The Skills game is basically hitting to a certain distance into a colored circle. There are 3 colored rings worth 1, 2 or 3 points based on how far away from the center you hit the ball. After each shot it goes to a different distance while keeping track of your score. All of these could be fun to play when you have some friends over or to practice. However, I already had this with the 3D Golf software.
    There is a section where you can design your own contest. You can also create a profile through the software that keeps track of everything you do when logged on. It lets you see other profiles and their best scores on the games. You can also just play as a guest. You should be able to keep track of a lot of different information through your profile. This could be useful but I do not know enough about it yet.
    I assume the fitting software is pretty similar to what they had before. I did not have that prior version so I have nothing to compare it to. It seemed pretty close to what I used at GolfTec while getting fitted for some new clubs.

Sorry I could not be of any more help. However, the parts of the program I received so far do not really do anything to show off the new graphics. We will have to wait until the first course comes out to really review the software.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Thanks Steven, perhaps post some screenshots if you can.

FSX Software

I am not sure there is anything worth taking a picture of. The pictures on their web site of the Compete software and the Fitting software show what it looks like. It is just not that interesting without the golf course added. Maybe some of the challenges would look nice if they could be played on the holes from the courses. We won't know if that is possible until the course comes out but I assume they will be integrated.

I did forget to mention that they seem to have a camera interface for swing capture. That is one of the option that comes up when installing the software. I plan on contacting Foresight to see how this works and if they sell the cameras. It is something I have wanted to add to my simulator for a while now.

After trying it out, I am going to have to agree with Steven. Nothing special to see quite yet. I still think I prefer the regular performance software at this point. It has a lot of potential, but there are still some things that make the performance software better at this point. What you see on their website is what you get. The options are a bit limited at this time, but I do look forward to the first course to make a better judgement. I think with some refining, there is a lot of potential.
    Also, for some reason, I can't get the challenge application to run on a full screen. It seems to be limited to a window fullscreen window view at this time.

No, I managed to get it to fill the whole screen. For a while it was showing the Windows activity bar at the bottom of the screen but I managed to get rid of that also. I am not sure if I remember how I did it at the moment. I think that I just clicked on the Foresight logo and chose the settings option. I believe there is a Full Screen checkbox on the setting page. I think checking the 1980 x 1080 option, or whatever the exact numbers are, gives you the full page but with that Windows activity bar still on the bottom.

I did get it to run the full screen, but it still had the windows activity bar at the bottom, which was weird. I will fiddle with it more to try and get rid of that bar at the bottom. However, right now those games just don't seem to interesting being just on a range. I'd like to see if it does integrate with courses.

5 Wood golferinmd is on a distinguished road
    Any news..I was told it would be released to many people a few weeks ago..any news on the new course? Which one?

We received everything except the course. Just look at the prior posts in this thread. You will see that without the course there is not really much to say about the new software. Hopefully we will have the first course in about 1 month. However, I will not be holding my breath.

7 Iron drcabral is on a distinguished road
    This such a cock tease!!! Balls r definately turning blue:-(

3 Iron walb0034 is on a distinguished road
    I spoke with them last week, and they made it seem like they had an immediate copy to send me if I said yes. I don't see the point right now though, at least until the courses start releasing, so I decided to wait until the end of summer.

I think I will do the same. I am happy with the FSX program. How is the range program..the same as the old FSX? Any more features? I like the range feature.

Ryder Cup Par2Pro is on a distinguished road Par2Pro's Avatar
    Hey All,

Long time to post... been crazy busy these days, but am still trying new stuff and videoing it for all to see

Here are the latest vids of the FSX - hope that helps.

As always, if you have any questions on it or want to get your own, best way to reach me is by email at cory@par2pro.com.

Par2Pro's Overview of Foresight Sports' New FSX Software
    Par2Pro Checks Out the New Foresight Sports' FSX Fit Module
    Par2Pro Checks Out the New Foresight Sports' FSX Compete Module

Happy Golfing,
    Cory

2 Iron DjPiLL is on a distinguished road
    Compete module video is marked private.

Thanks - fixed

2 Iron DjPiLL is on a distinguished road
    Not bad. Al needs to work on his short game. lol I like how you have to go over the glass on the one shot.

Anyways I'll be curious to see what Foresight does regarding upgrade pricing. Right now it's probably not worth it to upgrade if it means starting over with courses. But we shall see.

There is special pricing for existing Performance Software (FR+1) customers that lets you get the new software and keep your existing software and courses.

Just a quick note for all reading this - the old courses are not compatible with the new software.

Looking forward to trying out the Play Module

Lob Wedge mxwoodman is on a distinguished road
    Cory thanks for posting the videos

Seems like your better at marketing the new software than FS

The only thing I've seen from FS is a pdf and some pics and pricing

LOL, well I think that they are waiting until the Play module is complete before they are going all out on their marketing

Ace wbealsd is on a distinguished road
    Face it Cory, you're better at this than Forsight - lol

Red face

Any updates?

Nothing as of yet, but I will try to make a post and review as soon as it is available

Sand Wedge DGThread is on a distinguished road
    Just wanted to thank you cory for your videos, Keep them coming!

I am seriously considering buying the GC2 but I am in love with the courses on the E6 software. I have been messing around with the simulators at GolfTown and the accuracy of the GC2 is amazing. The only thing preventing me from buying today is the fact that I am not satisfied with the current graphics compared to E6.

From what I read here the FSX software has a new engine and should be putting out better graphics. I am okay with a developer pushing back a release date because it tell me that they are putting in the time needed to produce a great product. Only thing that scares me is that if that isn't the case I may end up with a simulator that I regret. I am most likely going to go with a GC2 but I am preying that they come out with a little bit more realistic graphics.

Question: One thing that bothers me, "I even notice this a little in your videos Cory" a little is the delay from when the ball hits the screen, to when the simulators show the shot. Is this a computer issue? Will having a faster computer make the simulator more seamless?

Thread Information