CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    1 Iron Jsgregg is on a distinguished road
    Hehehe

Gap Wedge Sony420 is on a distinguished road
    Found out today that the software wont be out until 5/15... This is directly from a foresight rep. Near the final stages, and its working but they didnt like the looks of a few landscaping things, trees etc, so they needed to be redone...nuts!

Now I'm not positive about this, but I THINK that Foresight will be providing GC2 owners with the current FSX software an upgrade to the new software for $1000. So, either you pay $1500 for the old with $1000 upgrade to the new for a total of $2500, or you just buy the new for $2500. The point being, buy the current so you can use your GC2 happily, then pay the $1000 for the upgrade when it is ready. There most certainly will be more delays.....that is always the way it works....and you will end up seriously irritated and start resenting your new GC2. LOL!

I may be completely wrong about this. Haha

Your exactly right jsgregg, i did ask for that very thing and he was to get back with me today about doing that. I got the new stuff at a 10% discount so having both might end up costing me a little more, and thats im thinking he was trying to get me both without adding additional costs. It makes sense to offer it that way rather than disappointing anyone, so im sure it will work out. Great reply, thanks.

2 Iron DjPiLL is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsgregg View Post
    Now I'm not positive about this, but I THINK that Foresight will be providing GC2 owners with the current FSX software an upgrade to the new software for $1000. So, either you pay $1500 for the old with $1000 upgrade to the new for a total of $2500, or you just buy the new for $2500. The point being, buy the current so you can use your GC2 happily, then pay the $1000 for the upgrade when it is ready. There most certainly will be more delays.....that is always the way it works....and you will end up seriously irritated and start resenting your new GC2. LOL!

I may be completely wrong about this. Haha

That's fine for the software, I would probably buy the new software. But how do they intend on handling course add-ons? Are they going to give customers some free or discounted courses if they already purchased courses?

I won't be so quick to upgrade and get the new software if it means I lose my existing courses and get stuck with one course again.

That is a very good point. One of you might consider discussing this with Foresight and then post what their solution is going to be.

The new software is totally independent from the old. You will two separate programs that you can use. They might call it a upgrade if you already have the FR1 but it actually doesnt change anything on the old. The new is a completely diff. Engine. So any courses you have now you dont lose, but you also have to repurchase them if they come out with the new software. I would think they would have different courses on the new so you dont have duplicates, or offer them at a discount if you already have them on the old. I just downgraded what i purchased about 5 weeks ago, because the new software is now delayed til 5/15, andi just dont want to wait any longer plus will only have 1 course...then every month they will release another course...at that rate it would take me to the end if the year to get what i can get right now. The upgrade will be $995. Im getting the FR1 performance and 5 courses cheaper than the FSX and 1 course, so i lose alittle graphics but i dont have a full blown indoor simulator area yet. I hope to hAve it by end of year. Outdoors in driveway right now.

Par Kball is on a distinguished road
    Has anyone seen any documentation or brochures on the functionality that the new FSX software will provide?

5 Wood js1010 is on a distinguished road
    Nothing from them as of yet - just the very basic info on their site. I was told they would have materials close to the date when software released.

4 Iron akyyyy is on a distinguished road
    How do they know if we have old version to get the discounted 1k upgrade price? I'm thinking of purchasing a used gc2 with courses, but the seller isn't providing original disc, the software will be on a USB stick.

Well I guess they would know because you would have bought it from them. You bring up an interesting issue for those who bought it on the secondary market. If you want to get the discounted price on the upgrade I encourage you to contact Foresight for some guidance. Really nice folks there.

i contacted them directly, and this is the answer that i got regarding buying the software used, then wanting the $1000 upgraded software

You will have to pay the full amount $2490 if you don't purchase the FR+1 direct.

I seriously hope they are kidding, that would be ridiculous! I tried to purchase the fr-1 from them and they sent me to a distributor....
    And i just purchased 24 more courses, also tried to purchase thru them directly and they sent me to a distributor. Wont see me upgrade if this is true.

So when you bought from the distributor, did you receive any activation codes for the courses, how will foresight know if it was purchased through a distributor vs a seller on eBay.

2 Iron DjPiLL is on a distinguished road
    I am sure an authorized distributor will be fine. But yeah if you buy on ebay i can see them putting up a stink. Maybe if you bought it used and had them transfer the ownership to you through Foresight you might have a chance.

Sand Wedge faktor is on a distinguished road
    Does anyone know how long it takes for foresightsports.com "SOON"? They have it on the web for several months now :-D

5 Wood golferinmd is on a distinguished road
    Me too....when is the new software coming out?

They said may 15th, but that was in march, not feeling it. Better off with the FR-1, in my opinion, think its going to be like a new windows version, only good once the first service pack comes out,

Any updates? Tomorrow is the release date?

Was it released today? I didn't hear anything...

8 Iron col forbin is on a distinguished road
    I don't believe so. Since I ordered it around the PGA Merchandise show, I should ask for one of the new courses for free when they become available. Haven't heard any progress at all.

Lob Wedge Minnelli is on a distinguished road
    I just placed an order the other day for a GC2 and we decided not to include the FSX upgrade right now because it just isn't ready. Just going straight FR1. I also heard or maybe read in the forums that a new course will come out every 2 months'ish??? So maybe by Dec we will have 3-5 FSX courses.

Par Dax is on a distinguished road
    I guess they don't need to worry about the competition, as E6 seems to be delaying their software releases as well. They noted on their website that they would release version 1.6 (which seems to include a lot of good changes) during May, but within the last couple of days they are now saying June. This does not give much confidence on their ability to release E6 II any time soon either (I believe that they have been saying soon for over a year now).

So, although frustrating for many, I guess Foresight can take their time with FSX and make it perfect.

7 Iron drcabral is on a distinguished road
    Spoke with Foresight yesterday. They r releasing 25 units over the next week to preferred customers. It will likely include driving range, fitting software and the challenges. After a couple of weeks they will then release the course to the one couse to these 25 individuals, and wait for feedback. Only after they a couple of weeks if feedback and U presume fixing bugs and fine tuning will they then release the software to the masses. So it looks like at least a month from this point. Would make for a good Father's Day present

On a side note, it's not a good sign that the new simulation department can't meet there deadline of 5/15 that they told there customers (although they will claim "well techniquely we releared 25...", but u know what I mean). I'm sure they released info on FSX when they found out we could now use protee and E6. They probably couldn't get it together quick enough I hope. But my concern is they r new to simulation and if not staying true to your release date is a sign of things to come then expect lots bugs, patches and updates (I knew kids in high school who couldn't get there home work done on time, and they always produced crappy work when they finally got it together).

Going for 4k may have been too much to chew. It was definately ambitious and future oriented but most people won't take advantage for at least 5 years until a reasonably priced short throw 4k projector is reasonably priced, only a privelaged few will ever see how it looks at 4k at this point.

drcabral..thanks for the update. I am on the list of customers who should have heard what is going on. An update email would have been nice!

8 Iron torreypines is on a distinguished road
    Most realistic simulator software: Foresight (FSX) vs Protee vs Trugolf (E6Golf)? I am going to demo but curious of others' experience with these products. Thanks in advance.

7 Iron kinitex is on a distinguished road
    General rule of thumb when it comes to software releases in the golf sim industry is to tack on at least 1 year to whatever date they give for release.

I'm not exaggerating either...

You are probably correct. I am looking forward to the new FSX so it is like a kid at Christmas!

1 Iron FaultyClubs is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by drcabral View Post
    ...only a privelaged few will ever see how it looks at 4k at this point...
    At typical home simulator screen sizes, what impact screen will show 4k resolution? I doubt any...

7 Iron drcabral is on a distinguished road
    Where the hell is FSX?!!!!!

Thread Information