100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Par Kball is on a distinguished road
    Interesting - it was any day back in December - wonder what happened.

2 Iron DjPiLL is on a distinguished road
    I am always skeptical on these types of rumors. I'll believe it when I see it and I am not adjusting any spending on things that "may" come out.

Lob Wedge Scottliv is on a distinguished road
    I agree

I think I will move on with available simulators.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Be patient. There will be something. Otherwise move on if you want something immediate. Like most launches, there at always last minute stuff that slow things down.

Par Kball is on a distinguished road
    Bubba - any insight as to what happened? We went from any day to now what appears to be an unknown point in time that does not appear to be very soon.

The hardware has been ready for a long time. Everything is waiting on the software development which has been slower than expected.

Putter bopper is on a distinguished road
    Hi Bubba,
    I received mine today and obviously waiting on the IOS app. I tried to use it with plastic balls and no app but the unit would not register a ball. Not sure if you have to activate even if you aren't using an app, but basically i have a box that I can change the club settings but that's about it. did you have a different result and if so, any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

1 Iron Jsgregg is on a distinguished road
    Hey Bopper, what did you get today?

The ES14

1 Iron Jsgregg is on a distinguished road
    Cool, love to hear about it once you get it up and running.

Quote Originally Posted by bopper View Post
    Hi Bubba,
    I received mine today and obviously waiting on the IOS app. I tried to use it with plastic balls and no app but the unit would not register a ball. Not sure if you have to activate even if you aren't using an app, but basically i have a box that I can change the club settings but that's about it. did you have a different result and if so, any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks.
    Bopper the ES14 is not the unit we are referring to. There are other units around the corner. Do let us know how you like the ES14. Its is limited in its ability to measure ball spin, launch and horizontal azumuth.

I tried the ES14 both at an outdoor range & indoor range vs a flight scope. I would say 3 out of 4 shots were captured. Certainly not good enough so far. However, compared to the flight scope, the average ball speed difference was 3 mph and the average distance difference was 10 yards. However, more concerning is the spin rate with a 6 iron was probably off by 1000-2000 rpm.

1 Iron FaultyClubs is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by bopper View Post
    ...However, more concerning is the spin rate with a 6 iron was probably off by 1000-2000 rpm.
    It doesn't measure spin...so not surprising! Since it only measures ball and club speed one shouldn't expect too much for the launch, distance and spin numbers.

Im a fixture here rdh is on a distinguished road
    I'm guessing a relaunched golftek ST1 (or a variation) is coming. A couple years back I was approached about working on the integration to GSA Golf for it...hopefully they found someone to tackle that as it was a good alternative to some of the other devices. (Or maybe i'm completely off base!)

Known entity psace is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by rdh View Post
    I'm guessing a relaunched golftek ST1 (or a variation) is coming. A couple years back I was approached about working on the integration to GSA Golf for it...hopefully they found someone to tackle that as it was a good alternative to some of the other devices. (Or maybe i'm completely off base!)
    Good to know you are still alive, RDH. I would guess that it is an LX or GC2 prototype as that seems to be the way things are heading. As for the software, maybe a new Red Chain update?

Im a fixture here rdh is on a distinguished road
    Great to hear from you too psace. Alive and well. I read the forum a few times a week, but I haven't been using my simulator the last while (several months unfortunately). Between work and two boys in hockey (4-6 days at the arena each week!) I have had to put golf on the backburner. It sucks...but priorities are what they are. I'd still love to get updated software, but haven't heard a thing from red chain. All of it moves so slowly...so hats off to Foresight for launching FSX shortly while the other companies are still just posting preview videos.

On another note, I found out that the Canadian distributor for foresight (member on this board) lives near me. I am actually working on getting him to come by to look at an upgrade to my setup. Should be fun to pick his brain on the foresight world.

Known entity psace is on a distinguished road
    Good luck with your setup, rdh. What do you think of all the new software graphics for the simulators? Seems to be several out there almost ready for use. We have both been pushing for better graphics for golf software for some time. It has been a long time coming in my opinion.

Lob Wedge jason3w is on a distinguished road
    Bubba22, I'm just about to make a purchase for my first Sim. Looking at the Optishot, but willing to spend upto $3k. Happy to wait a bit if something new is coming that will make everything else seem average.
    Would you suggest
    a) get the optishot now, and wait and see what's next.
    b) wait! this new secret thing is too good to pass up on.
    Cheers
    Jason

Thread Information