CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    alpobas

Simtech - A Perfect Parallel company

This is what I did find out... -Perfect Parallel is coming out with their "own" hardware!

I also heard that they will launch simulator version of Perfect Golf first. Then PC game, MAC game, PS, etc...

http://simtechgolf.com

Caddy golfun is on a distinguished road
    They will have the:
    SIMTECH PRO EDITION

-Full size simulator
    The ultimate in simulation systems. High end reality experience for entertainment, training and social centers.

SIMTECH HOME EDITION

-Home intertainment
    Affordable c-orp-orate and home sports simulator that does much more for less

SIMTECH BOOST

-Retrofit any simulator
    Upgrade any Simulator with simple bolt on module from Simtech.

SIMBOX
    -Pico Laser Painted
    Environments for any room, next generation, multi-fonction home simulation, gaming, collaboration and social experience

Retrofit any Simulator??

Price Ranges?

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    It would be nice if they gave just a little bit more information!

Pitching Wedge steb is on a distinguished road
    It's all beginning to add up, however I thought it would be FullSwingGolf with the founder of Perfect Parallel is (or at least was recently) CTO at FullSwingGolf. This has serious potential if the hardware has GC2 or above accuracy and community courses will be able to be played direct on the simulator.
    Last edited by steb; 12-25-2013 at 11:47 PM.

alpobas
    There is no need to club select because the camera system reads the launch angle, ball speed and spin and creates whatever trajectory that leads to.
    Strong arguments?

I understand that retrofit will fit on any previous sim just by mounting that unit and using Perfect Golf for software. But I dont know... Simbox could be just an printing service to produce wall sized images? -In fact I already planned to do so with printable tapestry, but it was a little bit expensive just for eye candy...

In the Zone syhlif32 is on a distinguished road
    It's all beginning to add up, however I thought it would be FullSwingGolf with the founder of Perfect Parallel is (or at least was recently) CTO at FullSwingGolf. This has serious potential if the hardware has GC2 or above accuracy and community courses will be able to be played direct on the simulator.
    So is it a Ion cam?

Looking purely at the picture, I'm thinking it's more like a GC2 w/HMT but doing everything with two cameras rather than four? This Simtech system doesn't appear to need those two rings of sensors around the screen that FSG has.

So two cameras for stereoscopic positioning plus spin determination, 4 flashes suggesting 4 photos taken, low camera doubles as trigger. Not sure what the 5th (smaller) circular thing is - some sort of directional mic or depth camera?

I see there's a new photo on the site now of the unit - now it's looking like 4 infrared pattern projectors and the 5th is their receiving camera, same sort of system as Microsoft's Kinect.

It's looking roof mounted going by the fragile arms (even though I would have thought accuracy would suffer), so some sort of Ion cam/GC2 hybrid?

Last edited by steb; 12-26-2013 at 06:48 PM.

3 Iron cklguy2013 is on a distinguished road
    I'm wondering if it will track both club and ball? Also I'm wondering about accuracy; better or worse the a GC2?? Very interesting.

Hopefully if they do track club it'll only be for on-screen display of path and clubface angle rather than calculating ball flight from it.

Shotmaker bubs3141 is on a distinguished road
    measures ball only, not sure on accuracy as of yet.

"Low Cost"?.....

I'm hoping they price it for high-volume, somewhere around the $1000 mark to temp some of the huge audience on Steam.

I just wonder if simulators will ever appeal to the masses though. Like will some 100 shooter use a simulator if he can shoot 70 with a mouse?
    Last edited by steb; 12-30-2013 at 02:16 AM.

Ace wbealsd is on a distinguished road
    steb, I think there's an untapped market for lower cost quality sims, but for many potential buyers I suspect space to play is an issue. Portability and ease of setup/takedown will be a factor in success.

Known entity psace is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by wbealsd View Post
    steb, I think there's an untapped market for lower cost quality sims, but for many potential buyers I suspect space to play is an issue. Portability and ease of setup/takedown will be a factor in success.
    This is certainly true for those of us who play in our garages and double as a sim and place to park the vehicle.

Sand Wedge jwm is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by psace View Post
    This is certainly true for those of us who play in our garages and double as a sim and place to park the vehicle.
    It's certainly an aesthetically pleasing design. It would actually work with my garage setup. 14 foot ceilings but I put a 10x10x10 PVC cage in there (to protect my cars from my golf swing ) I could imagine mounting this to the cage. We shall see, hopefully soon.

3 Wood northgolf is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by steb View Post
    I see there's a new photo on the site now of the unit - now it's looking like 4 infrared pattern projectors and the 5th is their receiving camera, same sort of system as Microsoft's Kinect.

It's looking roof mounted going by the fragile arms (even though I would have thought accuracy would suffer), so some sort of Ion cam/GC2 hybrid?

When I look at the setup, it looks like 4 infrared, 1 white light, and the two fragile arms are cameras.

Yeah, I'd posted the same over on their forum prompting discussion but it seems mostly mouse users there.

So the picture now on their site confirms it is indeed ceiling mounted, plus spot lighting from the 5th circle. There was also video with the sim being used with Google Glass showing the spot lighting is always on. However the video below doesn't show spotlighting?

And are they IR if visible spotlighting is seen? Maybe the spotlight is just so you can see in the dark instead of providing plenty of light for high fps cameras...

Do any other simulators have this patterned arrangement of what look to be LEDs? The "multi-purpose simulator" bit has me thinking these projectors there's human motion capturing by depth-sensing in it too.

Vid showing no visible spotlighting

You guys do realize that this is very similair to the ion/Sportscoach/Surgril sim technology. It will not be 1000. The big question is how much will Perfect Parallel be? Given that it will be mass produced for pc and other sim platforms, I am hoping it will be low cost for the software.

It's got my interest. Would like to find more out about it.

Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    anyone dare to take a GC2 to the PGA show and plonk it down in at the Simtech stall and compare numbers?

The GC2 is definitely the home simulator to beat. I would still be interested in the comparison but am not holding my breath at this point. Sorry CPA no wager. Anything simple to set up with descent accuracy is starting to look good to me!

7 Wood Msuzippy is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by steb View Post
    Yeah, I'd posted the same over on their forum prompting discussion but it seems mostly mouse users there.

So the picture now on their site confirms it is indeed ceiling mounted, plus spot lighting from the 5th circle. There was also video with the sim being used with Google Glass showing the spot lighting is always on. However the video below doesn't show spotlighting?

And are they IR if visible spotlighting is seen? Maybe the spotlight is just so you can see in the dark instead of providing plenty of light for high fps cameras...

Do any other simulators have this patterned arrangement of what look to be LEDs? The "multi-purpose simulator" bit has me thinking these projectors there's human motion capturing by depth-sensing in it too.

Vid showing no visible spotlighting

That pic looks familiar

http://www.houzz.com/photos/868321/U...a-room-toronto

Good catch. Do like the simulator room and wish I had that setup in my home. Looks like the image on the screen is the only difference!

Quote Originally Posted by psace View Post
    Good catch. Do like the simulator room and wish I had that setup in my home. Looks like the image on the screen is the only difference!
    That and the camera system on the ceiling.

R u guys not reading what I posted?

I read it both (three?) times you posted it. What's your point?

Simtech is linked and partnered with Perfect Parrallel. They are the owners of Foresgolf Sirgul. Same tech as Ion camera, SportsCoach but with ceiling mounted and IR and no floor launch cam. I question how accurate it will measure the launch angle.

Great, thanks. Guess we'll see.

Thread Information