100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Pitching Wedge steb is on a distinguished road

Sims using community designed courses

Do they exist?

The closest I've heard of is ProTee using the WGC2011 courses, but even they have to be 'enabled' by Redchain, right?

Many, many years ago in desperation I hacked Links to remove the golfer and change the view angle, but without the source code I had to convert the data from my analyzer into swing meter mouse clicks! It didn't work very well and I declared, "too hard".

So I've been checking the scene again and Perfect Parallel is looking interesting. They just mentioned they'd be releasing the simulator version up first, but I just can't see how sim companies are going to expose their devices' output protocols without charging big bucks so PP doesn't lose them too much in course sales.
    Last edited by steb; 12-24-2013 at 05:14 AM.

Sand Wedge padre1161 is on a distinguished road
    With our Fitness Golf version of the Red Chain software (www.fitnessgolf.net), all 2011 WGC created courses are instantly playable in our software without any conversion needed by Red Chain. This includes all present and future community/hobbyist created courses. For all other simulators that use the Red Chain software, Red Chain must first convert the .CGP files to make them usable.
    Last edited by padre1161; 12-24-2013 at 11:31 PM.

3 Wood thelono is on a distinguished road
    Lol. Is this for real? Golf and treadmill. Weird.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    There is a fella at my club who starts early, takes a lightweight bag, runs and plays 18 in 45 minutes. He doesn't care about score. He says it makes his morning run more interesting and enjoyable. You couldn't keep up to him in a cart!
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilroy View Post
    There is a fella at my club who starts early, takes a lightweight bag, runs and plays 18 in 45 minutes. He doesn't care about score. He says it makes his morning run more interesting and enjoyable. You couldn't keep up to him in a cart!
    Hehe

Quote Originally Posted by thelono View Post
    Lol. Is this for real? Golf and treadmill. Weird.

Of course it is real. "Speed Golf", "Fitness Golf", "Run and Golf" are all names for the same outdoor sport. There are tournaments worldwide. Unfortunately, it doesn't work very well unless the golf course is rented entirely for Fitness Golfers. Even then, if players are playing at different speeds, it is difficult to pass players without risking getting hit by balls. Thus, indoor "Fitness Golf" was born. Attempting to bring an exercise component to simulated golf. Why is it so "weird"? When you are playing real golf are you instantly transported to your next shot or do you need to move yourself to it? Keep in mind, that with our software there is an option to just play golf without the walking, running or biking required- just like a regular golf simulator!

I guess not "weird" I would just wonder if the treadmill has a cup holder for my beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilroy View Post
    Yes, "Fitness Golf" works perfect in real life if you can land the first tee time in the morning. Keep in mind your "Fitness Golf" score is the combination of your minutes taken to the complete the round combined with your strokes taken to complete the round.

Shotmaker bubs3141 is on a distinguished road
    Can this be integrated with a protee?

Quote Originally Posted by bubs3141 View Post
    Can this be integrated with a protee?
    Protee didn't give us permission to integrate our software with their hardware initially. We can contact them again to see if they are now interested. This would be very easy to do if they would allow it.

Quote Originally Posted by padre1161 View Post
    With our Fitness Golf version of the Red Chain software (www.fitnessgolf.net), all 2011 WGC created courses are instantly playable in our software without any conversion needed by Red Chain. This includes all present and future community/hobbyist created courses. For all other simulators that use the Red Chain software, Red Chain must first convert the .CGP files to make them usable.
    Well that's a coincidence - it was only last week I posted on Perfect Parallel's site that they could interface their upcoming game to iFit enabled treadmill's and make people walk (or run) between their shots.

Quote Originally Posted by steb View Post
    Well that's a coincidence - it was only last week I posted on Perfect Parallel's site that they could interface their upcoming game to iFit enabled treadmill's and make people walk (or run) between their shots.
    Do you have a link to that Perfect Parallel discussion?

Yeah, here, but there wasn't any discussion about it, just me suggesting it.

Thread Information