CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Lob Wedge jonpucek is on a distinguished road

Whats a better aftermarket turf for Optishot

Pitching Wedge throttle is on a distinguished road
    Third option for you

http://www.allturfmats.com/category-s/54.htm

I went with the tee line turf version. He also has a store on ebay that is sometimes a little cheaper.

That is certainly cheaper!
    Thanks for the information.

Sand Wedge fewgoodcards is on a distinguished road
    I just got that exact tee line turf in your link and I can't get the stupid thing to stay velcroed down to the optishot.

Which link was that? The one posted by Throttle?
    I find that over the course of a winter I start trending towards picking the ball clean. Hurts my first few weeks back at the real course. Also, I just sent my Optishot back to Dancin' Dog due to damage to the front sensors. It was caused from a substantial cracked frame. Even past warranty they took care of it for me so good on them....

Anyways, all these turfs look a lot better. Not sure why they don't put something better on to start with. For an extra 30 bucks it would reduce the amount of warranty claims.

3 Wood Golfmaxxx is on a distinguished road Golfmaxxx's Avatar
    Same thing happened to me so I bought a 4x5 piece of tee line turf made cut outs for the sensors and used industrial strength velcro to keep it down. Good luck

I also pick the ball as it slows your CHS down before the last sensor if you hit down on it. The thick turf is more to protect the Optishot from fat shots as well as your wrists.

Quote Originally Posted by fewgoodcards View Post
    I just got that exact tee line turf in your link and I can't get the stupid thing to stay velcroed down to the optishot.
    Mine was a little off as well, it looks like the guy hand cuts these things... It seemed too wide for the Optishot frame at first but I then decided to make sure each edge was inside the frame which made the middle stick up a little. I then stepped on it a few times and it seated in pretty good. I also had to use some scissors on the front sensor side and give it a little "haircut" so the sensors would be unobstructed. Now it works fine, the five minutes I spent modifying it with the "haircut" and stomping on it a few times to get it to seat in was well worth the $30.00 I saved!

Sand Wedge ovl is on a distinguished road
    or this here, made in germany - from my POV best mat to get here.
    Transport to the US is 60 Dollars.

http://www.golfballs.at/Hitting-Mat-...nstrasen-Matte

8 Iron craig118 is on a distinguished road craig118's Avatar
    Without a doubt JAGMANJOES turf is the best 33 bucks you will spend. I had it when I had my optishot. You can use real tees and it will save your wrists.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/jagmanjoe/m....1&_ipg=&_from=

Thanks everyone. I ordered the golfnutz turf. Shipping for the allturfmat was way to much. The email I sent jagman was returned undeliverable. Tim from golfnutz got back to me right away. I'll post a review once I receive the mat.

Cheers and thanks for your input.

Quote Originally Posted by jonpucek View Post
    Thanks everyone. I ordered the golfnutz turf. Shipping for the allturfmat was way to much. The email I sent jagman was returned undeliverable. Tim from golfnutz got back to me right away. I'll post a review once I receive the mat.

Cheers and thanks for your input.
    you will love the turf from golfnutz. It was my first after market one and it is strong and can be flipped aroundwhen the first cutout is worn. As good as it is, you can make it last much longer by injecting clear silicone into the bottom around the hitting area as well as near the cutout. All it takes is some really fat shots by hack friends to start losing the green fibers.

Good luck

Guess I should have waited a little while before I posted my review on the allturf option. After a month of use it no longer stays in place due to weak velcro. Shots also stop registering due to it moving around to much. Looks like I'll be replacing it with jagmanjoes turf.

Hey Throttle , before you buy anything I would try buying heavy duty velcro (3M) and maybe make your cutouts a bit bigger.

Cheers

I've used the golfnutz turf for about a month now. Love it.

Couple issues that have come up that could be indirectly related to the new turf:

Some driver and and fw wood shots do not register if it is tee'd up to high. This could be due to the added thickness of the mat. Not a big deal though.

Fat shots are very obvious now, which is good however sometimes the unit will not register them or will have a drop kick effect (bouncing off the turf and catching the ball thin) resulting in a longer then possible shot. Again, workable because either way it usually results in a poor shot.

The velcro on this turf is extremely tough. So tough that it pulled away the female portion attached to the actual optishot. This is not a reflection on the turf but rather poor quality control of the optishot. It was easily fixed by using some 3M adhesive and reapplying the female velcro.

Other then that...new turf is great. Shipping was super fast (same day). Short game is noticeably improved due to being able to compress the ball.

I was always more a sweeper then a digger on my long irons but it is nice to feel when I am catching them fat.

Highly recommend this turf. It is a good quality product.

Quote Originally Posted by Golfmaxxx View Post
    Hey Throttle , before you buy anything I would try buying heavy duty velcro (3M) and maybe make your cutouts a bit bigger.

Cheers
    I reached out to allturf and he is wiling to send me a replacement unit for no cost. Hopefully I just got a lemon the first time. I'll give it another try and update everyone with the result.

ckbckb
    Golfmaxxx, I like your idea to inject silicone. What kind of silicone do you use and how do you inject it? And can you over do it? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by throttle View Post
    I reached out to allturf and he is wiling to send me a replacement unit for no cost. Hopefully I just got a lemon the first time. I'll give it another try and update everyone with the result.
    Update - He actually just refunded me the money so at least he's a stand up guy! I then went with jagmanjoes turf, it's much better! Hope this helps other looking to upgrade...

Quote Originally Posted by ckbckb View Post
    Golfmaxxx, I like your idea to inject silicone. What kind of silicone do you use and how do you inject it? And can you over do it? Thanks.
    Hey CK, I used industrial strength clear silicone and cut a very small hole 1/8 at the tip and generously injected from the base of the turf until it rised to the surface. I did the whole hitting area and all around the perimeter of the sensor cutouts. It not only keeps the green fibers from fraying or coming out, it also gives you a nice spongy cushion to hit off and protects the optishot better.

Good luck

Lescgp
    Got the Golfnutz Turf on eBay. Like night and day in comparison to the stock turf on Optishot. No more heavy hits into the unit . Feels more like hitting from a real fairway. Well worth it, very fast turnaround..delivered to Newfoundland in less than 48 hours. It's unfortunate that the makers of Optishot don't install turf of this quality when the unit is purchased. I would think that it would save them big time on warranty returns.

Thread Information