Is there an obvious advantage to having an SSD + secondary drive (which I assume is necessary because all the courses won't fit on a 120 GB SSD) - over getting an SSHD?

Am I correct in assuming that the most frequently used data would tend to load lightning fast with an SSHD and the less frequently used data would take a bit longer?
--

Quote Originally Posted by ZMax View Post
My current sim PC specs:

AMD Phenom X4 3.0 ghz
3.25 GB of usable RAM
Win7 32 bit.
ASRock K10N78D ATX motherboard with internal serial header(good for Protee)
64GB SSD C: drive
250GB Secondary SATA II 7200rpm HD.
2 PCI USB cards(for Protee)
Nvidia GTX460 1GB
800w PS

I built the above on a budget and it worked great for the Optishot at max resolution and detail. It worked pretty good for Protee's Red Chain software also. But it can't handle Protee's max settings and 1080P for some of the newer courses. Would even slow down online play for everybody since others with faster machines would have to wait for mine to finish before the game would switch to their turn. I had to turn down the graphics to medium or balanced mode for the online games to run smoother.

SO, I'm going to build a new sim PC. I want it to be fast enough for Protee, e6 II, Perfect Golf, and whatever else at max detail and 1080p. It'll still be on a budget of course. I've already ordered some of the parts. Let me know what you all think about my new specs:

AMD FX 6300 6 cores, 3.5ghz OC to 3.8ghz
Asus M5A97 R2.0 ATX AM3+ with serial header and SLI capable
8GB DDR3 RAM
Win7 64bit
120GB SSD C: drive
500GB 7200 rpm sec drive
2 PCI USB cards for Protee
Nvidia GTX 670 2GB
800w PS

The combination of the FX 6300 and GTX 670 should be able to do what I want and then some. Can throw in another GTX 670 for SLI if needed in the future.