100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    3 Iron cklguy2013 is on a distinguished road

About Golf Simulator

Is anyone out there currently using an About Golf system, the simulator looks very accurate providing both ball and club data... but the courses seem VERY expensive..

Just wonder if there are any users out there, and what they see as the advantages and disadvantage of the system.

Par Dax is on a distinguished road
    I believe that the AG sim is one of the most accurate available, but agree that it is pricey. They are number two on my list though at the moment due to their accuracy and quality of software; however, I believe that others have said it as well on this site that other sims have gotten very close to AG's accuracy with a much more cost effective solution and perhaps better software. Additionally, these other solutions allow online play. Apart from the cost, there is not much to dislike with AG (although their website could do with a good update).

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    I agree the prices of the courses are very high. Dax if About golf is number 2 in accuracy, out of interest who is number 1? I assume we are talking indoor accuracy! Or did you mean thy are number 2 in general with no reference to accuracy?

Par Dax is on a distinguished road
    I mean number two in general on my list of sims of what I am looking considering. I still will likely go with the TM, but am waiting for the Golf show before making a final decision.

Keep us posted Dax.

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    If I had the money, I would get the About Golf.

Why Zmax?

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    Because it's used by Michael Breed and Luke Donald, just to name a couple.

Yes does look like the cat's ass for sure... I'm waiting on some numbers from them to see if I can fit it into my budget.. I'll have to admit though I was a bit taken a back, by the price of the course packages, and elite courses. YIKES!!

If money were no issue, I would get the About golf as well. The courses are crazy pricey though.

Bubba and Zmax,

From reading the post it is easy to see that you are two of the most knowledgeable people on here, so if you had say 20 to 25k total budget and needed lefty righty play, game improvement, and also a home theatre what would you go with from top to bottom? Flooring, mat, wall and ceiling protection, screen, projector, system, software, courses etc... I realize a tough question, but would love to hear your answers.. and ps. sadly not sure that the aboutgolf system is going to work with that budget...

Tough call ck. I would definitely source my own impact screen, mat, projector and gaming computer. That will run you say 5K. For 20K I would get a ProTee and GC2. Can use the ProTee for lefty/righty and also use the GC2 with ProTee play. About golf will run you 22K for the unit and only 1 course. It will fit th budget but you only get 1 course. Although there may be a few new things coming soon so would wait a few months.

Thanks Bubba, I like your thinking, once I get in I think I'll focus on setup of screen, wall and ceiling protection, flooring and projector first... Then wait and see, as you have suggested, on the hardware and software. But it is hard to wait!!! Lol.

I know it is hard to wait. Thing is, you have time. Ther are Pro's and Cons of every move. You could try to get a used About golf system. Call About Golf snd ask them about any refurbished units. Also check these guys http://www.precisionsportssim.com/pr...lay&listing=16. Call and negotiate a good price from them.

Other option is buy and setup a ProTee unit at 7K. Start enjoying ProTee play, online play, club data etc. and wait an see what comes next. You would still have money for a GC2 at that matter, and have access to all the ProTee courses.

Ace wbealsd is on a distinguished road
    +1 for what bubba22 says!

It really looks like a "convergence" between the best features of ProTee and GC2 is not only near, but at a price point that lowers the bar for entry

Putter Golfyn is on a distinguished road
    Hey Guys Long Time Lurker on these parts and thought I would chime in.

The negatives of the system:
    you can not use your own ball. You must use the one provided. The lines on the balls is how they get spin. ones these lines come off you will not get the proper measurements.

So with the About golf system you will be paying for those balls on a regular bases.

Based on the input, and the pricing of their (i.e. Aboutgolf) courses, I'm really leaning towards the Protee with the GC2, but waiting to see what the new year brings.

Thread Information