CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Hybrid jhp016s is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by bubba22 View Post
    The new hardware may not be ProTee!
    Interesting, yet it will work WITH the protee. The suspense if course, is killing us all.

Pitching Wedge Crusty is on a distinguished road
    The new hardware may not be ProTee!
    So its sounding like we'll have more hardware options apart from PT and the GC2.
    Santa Claus was going to get me a GC2 for Christmas so I've just sent a letter to the North Pole to cancel my wish... For the moment anyway.
    Damn, the suspense is killing me!

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by SFR View Post
    I read over that post and I hope it is not as hard to do as it sounded. I'm sure some of you will be able to walk us through it.

On the part about entering your score after each hole, can that be done by anyone or only you yourself can enter that score. I don't have an Ipad and having two laptops may drag my internet speed down even slower. We have slow internet here and not able to go any faster yet. I hope it will be enough to use the on line stuff.
    It's easy once you start to do it. You're playing partner can enter scores for you.

Par Kball is on a distinguished road
    This thread is very interesting and somewhat confusing. Can someone summarize what might be coming soon? Seems like software that will allow GC2 users to play on line with users of ProTee and now there is some discussion of some new hardware.

Interestingly I received an E-mail from Foresight yesterday teasing some new announcement they are going to make at the 2014 PGA show -- the tagline is are you ready to GET IN THE GAME -- seems like some type of on line play from them potentially.
    Last edited by Kball; 12-18-2013 at 06:19 PM. Reason: typo corrected

Eagle SFR is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Kball View Post
    This thread is very interesting and somewhat confusing. Can someone summarize what might be coming soon? Seems like software that will allow GC2 users to play on line with users of ProTee and now there is some discussion of some new hardware.

Interestingly I received an E-mail from Foresight yesterday teasing some new announcement they are going to make at the 2014 PGA show -- the tagline is are you ready to GET IN THE GAME -- seems like some type of on line play from them potentially.
    In a nut shell.... Pro Tee has made software that will let you use a GC2 to play all of it's courses, just like you would have if you had a pro Tee system. With that we would have on line play by using the Pro Tee software. No idea of price yet for the software but compared to what GC2 courses cost, the Pro Tee option should be a lot better.

If Foresight comes up with on line play and offers the courses at a reasonable price then this may be all for not. However I do like the idea of Pro Tee software and being able to adjust things to suit your desires.

The new hardware has been hinted but never said for sure but sounds like another option for a launch monitor by a new player possibly. Either way, it may be possible soon to play on line and have all the courses at a reasonable price.

Thanks SFR - nice summary

Ace wbealsd is on a distinguished road
    It's all to the good, and the serious players will all benefit when a variety of courses and online play become "the norm," rather than the exception. I only use the term "serious players" since you have to be a "little nuts" to spend the time and money we do, to improve our game and play year round, regardless of the weather.

I'm glad I'm "nuts enough" to be a member of this forum

Sure beats wasting 3 hourse of my life at a time watching stupid Chicago cubs baseball.

Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    Z..we are not big on baseball but the local version is cricket.

Try watching the Boxing Day test in Melbourne on TV- Australia V England without falling to sleep. We are talking 5 days of 8 hours per day.....
    Got to be a cricket nut.

No thanks CPA. The only sport I'll watch now are American football, Blackhawk's hockey, and of course, the LPGA.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    LPGA!! Ooh la la!!!!

ProteePlay for GC2 might be ready for purchase next week or just after Xmas.

Albatross HoganWoods is on a distinguished road HoganWoods's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMax View Post
    ProteePlay for GC2 might be ready for purchase next week or just after Xmas.
    Cool. Any idea on cost yet?

Quote Originally Posted by HoganWoods View Post
    Cool. Any idea on cost yet?
    Between $2-3k maybe. Foresights fitting with one course cost $2200 I think. Aside from the fitting module, everything else is inferior to proteeplay. Its going to a fun Winter for online golf.

Good price. Sure will be a fun winter. As I say, for some there are only 2 seasons for golfing, "SUMMER and SIMULATOR"!!!!!

Bubba it is Summer here...41 deg C yesterday (105.8F)
    Play golf in that!!!!

I think that's a bit high considering we have no guarantee that this will work for any period of time. Should FS choose to push a firmware update to block it, we will be left to choose between updating (which I'm sure they will force if we want any type of support) or keeping the old version to ensure that Protee Online continues to work. I wonder if anyone on here will pay 3k with that risk. I'm curious to know.

Agree Hogan. No doubt any new release software in the future will requre the latest update which will block protee play.
    Decision seems to be go one way or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by CPA View Post
    Agree Hogan. No doubt any new release software in the future will requre the latest update which will block protee play.
    Decision seems to be go one way or the other.
    Ya. That and the rumored PGA show announcement, I think I'll have to wait. I'll say though, I'd rather play Protee Online than whatever overpriced software FS will offer, but if it happens to stop working I'll be left with no software.

Love playing in such hot weather. I don't think the price is high at all. In fact compared to Foresights +10 grand for the courses it's a steal. If not comfortable then wait it out while some will try. There are new things on the horizon anyways.

I understand the concerns but it ain't going to be sold for $1000. That would make no sense for Protee.

Love playing in such hot weather. I don't think the price is high at all. In fact compared to Foresights +10 grand for the courses it's a steal. If not comfortable then wait it out while some will try. There are new things on the horizon anyways.
    You can't compare it to FS, that's the point. The reasons are noted above. That said though as a consumer you gotta appreciate this as an option and I think i'll do what you suggested, and wait it out.

I understand the concerns but it ain't going to be sold for $1000. That would make no sense for Protee.
    I understand this also, and again props to them for giving us another option at a great price. The risk is just high (at that price point, in my opinion) until we see what FS does.

You guys aren't kidding when you say there's no perfect setup. I just want to play Protee with you guys and not have to worry about settings and cameras like it seems you all spend lots of time doing.

Hogan why do you say you can't compare ProTee Play to Foresight software?

The cameras are not that big of a deal to setup. To be frank, that process will not matter as much in the very near future.

Not all of us hogan. The ones that have problems will come to the forum and vent. Some have it easier than others.

If your not comfortable than wait and see. Either way, the Protee road is looking better and better each day. And let me add one more thing, when e6 ii and PP comes, theyll be available from Protee to be usable on the gc2. You think you'll get them from foresight and at a reasonable price? Doubt they'll offer them at all.

Not all of us hogan. The ones that have problems will come to the forum and vent. Some have it easier than others.

If your not comfortable than wait and see. Either way, the Protee road is looking better and better each day. And let me add one more thing, when e6 ii and PP comes, theyll be available from Protee to be usable on the gc2. You think you'll get them from foresight and at a reasonable price? Doubt they'll offer them at all.
    I'm not 100% what these are but sounds like more options! I'll look into those. I think anyway I do it, I will buy a gc2, just the hardware, at first anyway.

GC2 is a great option Hogan. Enjoy! E62 and PP (Perfect Parallel) are software options for game play.

I must admit I am amazed at the bashing that Foresight receives for their pricing. Yes it is high and yes one could argue unreasonable, but no one is forcing people to buy it. I think it is great that new choices are coming and we will see how it plays out. I agree with Hogan Woods in that it is bit risky to purchases something for $2 to $3k that could become obsolete if you choose to upgrade the firmware of your hardware. Once again though - this is a choice that we are all free to make.

Lob Wedge woodburywild is on a distinguished road
    About the new hardware that is coming - would that be for ball or club data? I don't want to spend 12k on GC2 and HMT to find out that something better or more economical is 30 days from being released? Would you recommend I just by the GC2 and not the HMT? I really want both (ball and club) and am not a fan of hitting off plastic, but I really want a good sims and performance software (great driving range with dispersion, etc).

At least wait till the pga show then

Lob Wedge woodburywild is on a distinguished road
    Yup - That is what I am going to do...wait to see what happens at the PGA Show and maybe Protee, Foresight or Swinguru come up with with new and exciting.

Thread Information