100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    7 Wood Msuzippy is on a distinguished road
    I'm amped. My new house is going to be done on Feb 15. I hope to have my room built by the middle of March. In the meantime I'm looking for a deal on a GC2 and hoping the new Proteeplay is ready for purchase.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    I hope you will have other options by then!

I don't want any sensor pads. Do you think there will be such an option in the next 45 days?

Very, very possible!

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    Why would we be hinting at a new sensor pad?

GC2 ProteePlay --- end of this month or early Jan. They're putting on the finishing touches.

I don't know what you're hinting at. The vibe I've picked up is that it was going to be a spin cam add on to the existing system. If it's a whole new product I'd sure like some more details before I go out and buy a GC2. Although if I do buy a GC2 it's going to only be at a very good price, and I'd probably be able to sell it and break even.

3 Iron cklguy2013 is on a distinguished road
    All very exciting. Can't wait for the release/announcement!! Think I'll just sit tight in the meantime.

I never actually said spin cam. It will measure spin and it will be a great addition to the Protee sensor mat.

Crap....I've said too much....

Playing Winter Rules mmlincon is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Msuzippy View Post
    ZMax and bubba are the new Martin.
    OMG! Not even in the same universe! Z and B are something we are lucky to have, don't go comparing them to M. LOL

But I don't want a sensor mat. Will it work without a mat?

maybe...... there might be some benefits to said mat though.....

I have little kids that will soon be using my sim. I'm not enamored at the thought of electronics in the floor. Plus I'd really like to use a Tru Strike type hitting surface.

To mat or not to mat???? The choice is yours.

I fully understand that. The only "non unit on the floor" I've used that is worth a damn is the aboutGolf system. Even the GC2 has a unit on floor. I have my kids hit off the protee mat and they do fine. ( 6 & 9 yrs ) It's a bit strange with the sensors exposed. Not really sure why they are, but they are pretty deep. The biggest concerns are liquids and maybe tees. It would not be difficult to add some type of acrylic above the fiberbuilt panels if it's a major concern. I can't say enough good things about the ProTee and I'm constantly impressed with it's accuracy. The fact that there is something coming that can measure spin and integrate with the ProTee is just phenomenal.

Bottom line is I'm not a huge fan of the mat, but everything works so well you basically forget about it.

Quote Originally Posted by ZMax View Post
    To mat or not to mat???? The choice is yours.
    I'm intrigued. When will Protee tell us more?

Oh, and online play.....Honestly, it was just a plus when I bought the thing, but I have played on my ProTee way more online then I have alone. I have played way more courses than I ever did on my GGS system because of online play. It's just awesome!!

PS- I just noticed my profile description - "Out of Bounds" Well that's fitting lately!

I'm hoping the online issue soon won't be a problem with the GC2.

I'm fairly certain it won't be an issue. What Foresight will do is a the big question. The more the merrier. If we could get enough people to do impromptu round it would be unbelievable.

Even if they do wake up to customers demands, Foresight GC2 won't be able to play with Proteeplay gc2/Protee...

So, choose wisely.

Even if they do wake up to customers demands, Foresight GC2 won't be able to play with Proteeplay gc2/Protee...

So, choose wisely.

I'm not tracking here?

So, choose wisely.

Wow, that's a confusing statement. I get it, but most probably won't.....

Sorry. Wasn't trying to be confusing. Weren't you guys talking about Foresights performance software getting online play?

No I was talking about buying a GC2 and the new Proteeplay software that you showed us working with a GC2. I'm working on the assumption that I can buy just a GC2 unit, no Foresight software, and then buy Proteeplay to use with my GC2.

You can do exactly that. The foresight software is not needed. None of it. Foresight won't be happy when they wake 6-8 months from now and fine out their bottom line has shrunk. Doubt they'll be able to do anything about it aside from slashing prices, which further reduce their bottom line...

Nice. Now I just need to hope Protee comes out with their new hardware before I pull the trigger on a GC2.

Does anyone know if Protee will be at the PGA show in January?

Pitching Wedge Crusty is on a distinguished road
    They may slash prices on their software to compete, that is until they come up with some way of stopping the GC2 from working with PT online play. IMO stupid move if they do, as I imagine their GC2 sales would increase with the PT online play option.

The new hardware may not be ProTee!

2 Iron DjPiLL is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by woodburywild View Post
    Hey Guys - I need some quick advice. I am about to purchase the GC2 and HMT. I was torn between the Creative Golf 3D or Performance Sim and was considering both (want fun and ball flight data) before I found this thread. What is the advice in terms of what I should do? I was hoping to get everything before christmas.

CG3 software does not display HMT data. So don't bother with CG3 if you are getting HMT. Get the PS software.

Ace wbealsd is on a distinguished road
    Just the odd caveat, I'm profoundly hard of hearing (clinically deaf) and I generally only play golf with close friends or solo. The GC2 with fitting software + 1 course suits my needs and exceeds my expectations. The fact I have 5 courses, is a benefit I've not yet fully explored. I also have a couple of other "swing & putting" trainers I use, as well as a personal "gym."

I'm old (61), deaf and play golf for the love of it, with the associated health benefits that come along with it. I'm sure that most of you have different expectations for your golf sim, than I. I dropped 4 strokes of my USGA HD last year, which makes me about as ecstatic as I get. Hope to drop some more strokes next season, but if I do, it will largely benefit from short game improvements that are tough to simulate. I use the fitting software almost exclusively for club and shaft improvements.

In short, MY system is great for ME, but you have to really research this forum before deciding what's right for YOU!!

Online play isn't really a big factor in my purchase or upgrade decisions, which is why I recommend one really determines what their requirements are before purchasing and READ all the pertinent threads on this site before purchasing YOUR sim.

Eagle SFR is on a distinguished road
    It's going to be fun playing online with you guys. You guys are going to love ProteePlay and having access to all of these courses. We should have a Protee vs. GC2 tournament! LOL....

If you're interested in ProteePlay, read this post to get a head start on how to setup for online play. http://forum.ottawagolf.com/showthre...p-Instructions

You should also read the Protee Interface update's post. GC2 users can ignore most of those settings obviously.
    I read over that post and I hope it is not as hard to do as it sounded. I'm sure some of you will be able to walk us through it.

On the part about entering your score after each hole, can that be done by anyone or only you yourself can enter that score. I don't have an Ipad and having two laptops may drag my internet speed down even slower. We have slow internet here and not able to go any faster yet. I hope it will be enough to use the on line stuff.

Thread Information