CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Playing Winter Rules mmlincon is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by HoganWoods View Post
    That would be a shame and a really stupid idea. You still have to buy the GC2 hardware to make this work, why would they want to push some people away. You are probably right tho.
    It's obvious isn't it? If people can get all the same courses for a fraction of the cost which would you choose? The interface encryption would be their method to keep screwing their customers. And they'll be kicking themselves for not encrypting the data from day 1.

Albatross HoganWoods is on a distinguished road HoganWoods's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mmlincon View Post
    It's obvious isn't it? If people can get all the same courses for a fraction of the cost which would you choose? The interface encryption would be their method to keep screwing their customers. And they'll be kicking themselves for not encrypting the data from day 1.
    Of course that's obvious, but I don't think its necessary. I think this might actually bring in other potential customers. Of course they might not sell the course packages that they would like, but I doubt they do now anyways.

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    While they haven't been selling the courses due to their inflated prices, they have been ripping people off by forcing them to pay $2200 for just fitting/range+1 course. That's been a nice profit for them. Charging $6500 for $3000 worth has also been good profit. The gc2 will miss shots, misread spin, misread LA , etc..just like any other device. They can charge whatever they want as long as people are willing to pay for it. Hopefully competition will change things...

You are starting to make me reconsider things.

Gap Wedge Harry is on a distinguished road
    Its been a little bit since I last checked in with the forum. I am so psyched to hear this news. I am an owner of both the ProTee and the GC2. I have been waiting very patiently to buy additional courses. This just made my dream come true. Is there a release date for when I will be able to play my library of ProTee courses on the GC2? Will it be an update through ProTee to enable? Thanks guys for your clever and hard work.

Very soon....you lucky dog!! Very soon. BTW, I don't know how you feel but I can't stand putting on the gc2. Thinking about putting on the Protee putting sensor while using the gc2 for ball flight.

I completely agree Z. You have a much better feel for the green and line with the Protee sensor. The other thing that kills me is that you cannot use the aim stick on the GC2. Sometimes its 30 yards behind the green in the woods and you have no idea what line you are putting. With this setup, will you be able to get the same functionality as the Protee, but using the GC2 for the sensor? So you will be able to hit the up arrow and walk the line to the cup and see the breaks? Also, how about using the handicap system for traps and rough? GC2 suffers that limitation as all or nothing

The second video pretty shows that you can do all of that. Penalties for rough, green bunkers, fairway bunkers, etc.. will be there. This is how golf simulation should be!

Giddy up. I am psyched

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Good for you Harry. See you online!

3 Wood Frans@france is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by HoganWoods View Post
    That would be a shame and a really stupid idea. You still have to buy the GC2 hardware to make this work, why would they want to push some people away. You are probably right tho.

There is more margin on the software to be made then on hardware. So any thread to that margin will without any doubt generate a counter-action.

see posting 63 by ZMax.

And yes I agree with mmLincon that they will regret not using it from the start however forcing a firmware update and then in that firmware update enabling encryption & software signing and on the pc side include anti-debugger detection, api wrapping and anti-dumpers settings will solve that problem. Normally with the right tools that can be implemented without rebuilding the software but by just using some special repacking tools.
    Last edited by Frans@france; 12-12-2013 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frans@france View Post
    There is more margin on the software to be made then on hardware. So any thread to that margin will without any doubt generate a counter-action.

see posting 63 by ZMax.

And yes I agree with mmLincon that they will regret not using it from the start however forcing a firmware update and then in that firmware update enabling encryption & software signing and on the pc side include anti-debugger detection, api wrapping and anti-dumpers settings will solve that problem. Normally with the right tools that can be implemented without rebuilding the software but by just using some special repacking tools.
    Not sure what all this means but sounds like this won't last

Hahaa...
    Last edited by ZMax; 12-12-2013 at 06:11 PM.

As I said before, I have nothing to do with this. I'm just a tester. But I will say this, if you're currently on the latest 3.3.0.0, you got nothing to worry about.

Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Frans@france View Post

Will they be able to do this given they have to feed out to Android and ios as well?

Ace wbealsd is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMax View Post
    If you're currently on the latest 3.3.0.0, you got nothing to worry about.
    Would that be true for versions prior to 3.3.0.0, as well? I haven't seen a need to upgrade my setup, up to this point. My setup isn't connected to the Internet and suits my needs, so I've not made any updates in over a year.

If 3.3.0.0 is still available on the FS site, I should download and save a copy now, if there's any question that prior versions won't work!

Quote Originally Posted by wbealsd View Post
    Wouldn't that be true for versions prior to 3.3.0.0, as well? I haven't seen a need to upgrade my setup, up to this point. My setup isn't connected to the Internet and suits my needs, so I've not made any updates in over a year.
    Yes, that's correct. My guess is that it will work with the next couple of updates as well. Might take them a while before they decide to do something. They might not even do anything.

Lob Wedge woodburywild is on a distinguished road
    Hey Guys - I need some quick advice. I am about to purchase the GC2 and HMT. I was torn between the Creative Golf 3D or Performance Sim and was considering both (want fun and ball flight data) before I found this thread. What is the advice in terms of what I should do? I was hoping to get everything before christmas.

The CG3 is a joke. The only reason to consider the performance software is if you really needed the fitting module. Other than that, its a no-brainer.

The Proteeplay GC2 software is not ready to be sold yet. Might not be till after Xmas or new year. HMT data is still a question since we don't have one to test.

3 Wood Frans@france is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by CPA View Post
    Will they be able to do this given they have to feed out to Android and ios as well?

Yes they will be able to do that for those platforms as well, but that will need a rewrite.

Ace wbealsd is on a distinguished road
    Yes, that's correct. My guess is that it will work with the next couple of updates as well. Might take them a while before they decide to do something. They might not even do anything.
    Thanks!

Lob Wedge woodburywild is on a distinguished road
    The CG3 is a joke. The only reason to consider the performance software is if you really needed the fitting module. Other than that, its a no-brainer.

The Proteeplay GC2 software is not ready to be sold yet. Might not be till after Xmas or new year. HMT data is still a question since we don't have one to test.
    Thanks for your view on the software. So you think I should just buy the hardware now and not the software and wait on a possible P3 option? Also, do you know what firmware version comes on a new one?

Pitching Wedge Crusty is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by woodburywild View Post
    Thanks for your view on the software. So you think I should just buy the hardware now and not the software and wait on a possible P3 option? Also, do you know what firmware version comes on a new one?
    That was my thought as well. I've been sitting on the fence not sure which way to jump. I preferred the simplicity of the GC2 setup but hated their software stranglehold. Well done guys!
    Is it time to order the GC2 and wait for PT software or should we put the hardware order on hold as hinted by Bubba?

It's great to have a few options....
    Last edited by Crusty; 12-14-2013 at 09:24 PM.

Choices! So many choices!

7 Wood Msuzippy is on a distinguished road
    ZMax and bubba are the new Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Msuzippy View Post
    ZMax and bubba are the new Martin.
    That sounds like an insult! Lol! The difference is ZMax and I will come through. Patience my grasshopper! Patience!

5 Iron mcook is on a distinguished road
    It's a compliment in that you two seem to always have the great ideas! Big difference in my opinion is you two are helpful and deliver!

3 Iron cklguy2013 is on a distinguished road
    Hey guys, very interesting thread. I'm moving into a new place one month today and have a dedicated golf area set up 23' by 18' with 10' ceilings, so this is all very relevant to me. I was going to go GC2 all the way but now wonder. So would all this mean; would ave to purchase both systemsnow? Being a newbie what are the advantages to this system over just going GC2 system only?

The good news for me is I probably won't be starting to install until February so have a bit of time.

It's going to be fun playing online with you guys. You guys are going to love ProteePlay and having access to all of these courses. We should have a Protee vs. GC2 tournament! LOL....

If you're interested in ProteePlay, read this post to get a head start on how to setup for online play. http://forum.ottawagolf.com/showthre...p-Instructions

You should also read the Protee Interface update's post. GC2 users can ignore most of those settings obviously.

I agree. The online play is the best!

Thread Information