CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11
    Eagle SFR is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by HoganWoods View Post
    That's cool sfr, the only problem is if we don't have both software it might be tough to tweak without a comparable.

Actually I would think that as long as you were happy with the GC2 with its sea level calculation on the unit itself, then my settings should work for you.

The GC2 will read you the yardage of carry but it's calculated at sea level so it is a bit lower that what the Foresight software will give you on that one course. So this was the key area to test both softwares together and tweak till they were very similar.

I feel that the sea level number is lower than I get and it should be as we are at about 2200 feet. The software numbers were close on the course when I compared the LPGA and PGA ball speed and carry numbers so I only boosted the Protee setting till they were similar in carry.

Again once set I do think they should be good for all. You just need to set those numbers in that I have posted on another forum.

I should add one more thing. There were 2 settings that Protee on line likes to keep the same for setting up games. One was friction and the other for the Green speed. So my numbers are set up with those also being used so I guess if you set those two setting different then my settings may be off then.
    Last edited by SFR; 01-20-2014 at 10:35 PM.

Albatross HoganWoods is on a distinguished road HoganWoods's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SFR View Post
    Actually I would think that as long as you were happy with the GC2 with its sea level calculation on the unit itself, then my settings should work for you.

The GC2 will read you the yardage of carry but it's calculated at sea level so it is a bit lower that what the Foresight software will give you on that one course. So this was the key area to test both softwares together and tweak till they were very similar.

I feel that the sea level number is lower than I get and it should be as we are at about 2200 feet. The software numbers were close on the course when I compared the LPGA and PGA ball speed and carry numbers so I only boosted the Protee setting till they were similar in carry.

Again once set I do think they should be good for all. You just need to set those numbers in that I have posted on another forum.

I should add one more thing. There were 2 settings that Protee on line likes to keep the same for setting up games. One was friction and the other for the Green speed. So my numbers are set up with those also being used so I guess if you set those two setting different then my settings may be off then.
    very interesting. I'll definitely have a look at your stats. Thanks

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    Noticed the latest firmware is still 3.3.0.0. Interesting...

Pitching Wedge golfsimxpert is on a distinguished road
    Just for all you readers out there. The Pro tee software running on the GC2 is illegal to purchase, sell and distribute. To anyone that purchases it know this is in direct violation of many patents and copyrights and the company will pursue and enforce their property rights to the full extent of the law.

Disappointing that some on here would even partake in this type of illegal activity and yet still consider themselves honest business professionals!!!

3 Wood Golfmaxxx is on a distinguished road Golfmaxxx's Avatar
    So how can they sell it without problems ? Will Foresight have online play ?

Lob Wedge gwear55068 is on a distinguished road
    I still don't understand what patents and copyrights this would be in violation of. Can you cite them? Does Foresight have a patent on the way their calculated data is sent to the PC? It seems that all of the patents should/would be on the way the data is actually calculated to come up with the data that streams to the computer and software. It has been ruled in court that once you buy a product, it is yours to use as you wish. Swingsense has not reverse engineered anything, they have just captured the (unencrypted) data stream and feed that into their software. As far as the courts are concerned, there is precedent stating that I am free to use any hardware I buy with any software I want. If you could cite SPECIFICALLY how this is illegal and what intellectual property/patent/copyright it is in violation of in the US I would love to hear it.

Bogie Libbing is on a distinguished road Libbing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by golfsimxpert View Post
    Just for all you readers out there. The Pro tee software running on the GC2 is illegal to purchase, sell and distribute. To anyone that purchases it know this is in direct violation of many patents and copyrights and the company will pursue and enforce their property rights to the full extent of the law.

Disappointing that some on here would even partake in this type of illegal activity and yet still consider themselves honest business professionals!!!

Am I to assume you are a representative of Foresight? If yes, then shame on you for the absolute arrogance of scolding your customers for buying a product sold by another company. Are YOUR CUSTOMERS supposed to do research on intellectual property rights before buying something else? If you say yes, then you are one of the most ridiculous individuals I have ever come across. If you say no, then I can only assume your childish scolding assumes a consumer should know. Should they know? no - it's pretty easy to assume that data being output from one system can be input into another. I take output from software all the time and input into other programs. Not illegal. So why don't you chill out before you start to make such a donkey of yourself that you lose customers for your core system.

If you are not from Foresight, then I assume you are some kind of IP expert with inside knowledge as to this specific situation. If you have such inside knowledge and are taking this position, I assume you are associated with Foresight and thus you should refer to the comment above.

If you are not in any way associated with Foresight and do not have insider information, then I would suggest you open your mind to the possibility that you don't know anywhere near enough facts to make any such comments, so much so that your post is ridiculous on its surface.

If you don't fit into any of the above categories, then I would love to understand your perspective but would still like to say that you are incredibly arrogant and offensive for challenging the honesty of anyone on this forum.

Have a nice day.

Frans had a name for people like him. Don't remember what it was. His name alone speaks of arrogance.

Nothing illegal here. Continue enjoying your GC2 and Protee software, online and offline.

It is all a mute point as this will be resolved in short order and the software will not work with new GC2 devices.

Thank you to all those on here who understand the difference between right and for the sake of the above poster "not so right" and chose not to support and participate in the promotion of this software for use with the GC2.

This whole thing is a actually a compliment to the core product the GC2 as it continues to be the #1 selling launch monitor in the world because of the accuracy and consistency it represents.

Pitching Wedge Crusty is on a distinguished road
    No doubt the GC2 is a great bit of gear but the arrogance to expect users to pay way over inflated prices for software while there is a cheaper, better and interactive (online) alternative is a joke. If I were in the market for a launch monitor I would not buy this one on principle, based on "Mr Xperts" comments, especially if he is a Foresight employee.

Definitely not a Foresight employee. Just a regular guy no doubt like the rest of us on here who has been around the block in this simulator game more than once.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I don't see why all the bashing. This is my first day on this site and I have been bashed and read similar posts of people being bashed. Not sure how that is fair to anyone on a site that should not be allowing personal attacks.

I do not know any one on here and you do not know me so how can you pretend to know my personal qualities one way or another. This is just a collection of random opinions on Golf Simulators. Why take things so personally.

As far as the end user goes. I am just like you and will purchase what I feel is the best product given the budget that I have. I just feel it important to point out how things come to be, whether they are truly supported and how to truly gauge the long term value of your investment.

Is the $2000 worth it if it goes down in a couple weeks?

For those of you that remember the DirecTV days and gray market programming. Those that decided to buy in early did well. As news got out of 'free programming' it wasn't long before it became important to the programmer to stop these activities. In the end many people chose this option and many people also were very disappointed in how long it lasted.

This is all about educating the public regarding the purchase decisions they are making so they are best informed before making their decision.

I don't need to defend myself personally as I have done nothing but express an educated opinion for people to read that is of a different perspective than those on here.

You're here to drum up your GC2 install business period!

Not entirely true. This forum was suggested to me by someone else so I thought I would check it out for myself. Lots of good stuff in here for sure and also some not so good. My motivation as always is to promote the indoor golf experience first and foremost and hopefully share some of my knowledge and experience with those interested in listening. Help them make better looking installations and give some access to a different perspective.

Obviously I believe in and support the GC2 along with other Foresight Products and would no doubt provide the same type of advice as you. I have been fortunate enough to be a part of some amazing installations at some amazing venues in my time in the simulator business and learn from many of the best in this industry from many different simulator companies.

The last thing I expect is someone trying to discredit me with no substantial information or knowledge of what or who I am.

I also manufacture and sell structure, turf and screen systems and do quite a bit of high end luxury home custom design and installation in Canada and the US.

On that note if you are looking for a professional, custom designed simulator I am happy to help. Regardless of the technology you are powering it with.

7 Wood Msuzippy is on a distinguished road

Ok, I'll bite. What law is it violating? I assume that you're an Intellectual Property attorney with knowledge of International Law? Protee is based in Europe. I'm based in the US. Since you're in Canada, I'm certain you wouldn't have come here and posted such a bold statement unless you're qualified.

On the chance that you're not an expert in such issues, I'd caution you that what you said, if not accurate, is likely considered libel in the US. Since I'm not an expert in Canadian law, I'll reserve judgement on whether or not it would be considered libel in your country.

And while I'm at it, I'll throw another scenario at you. I bought my GC2 second hand. I never accepted any ToS or signed any agreements regarding my use of the GC2 I own. Am I still breaking your mythical law?

Here's my advice. Stop acting like you know what you're talking about. It not only makes you look like a fool, it undermines the business you're trying to drum up by insulting your educated customer base and it's possibly libelous.
    Last edited by Msuzippy; 02-27-2014 at 07:59 PM.

It is all a mute point as this will be resolved in short order and the software will not work with new GC2 devices.
    So now we know you're not a lawyer. It's "moot", not "mute".

And if I don't update my GC2 firmware beyond it's current version, how exactly is the software going to stop working?

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion
    One's right to an opinion extends only to the point that voicing that opinion constitutes libel. Accusing people of breaking laws when they're not is libel.

Not sure how that is fair to anyone on a site that should not be allowing personal attacks.
    You mean like falsely accusing people of criminal activity?

Why take things so personally.
    I can only speak for myself, but I take it personally when I'm falsely accused of committing crimes.

The last thing I expect is someone trying to discredit me with no substantial information or knowledge of what or who I am.
    To quote one of your countrywomen, "Isn't it ironic, don't ya think?"

Is the $2000 worth it if it goes down in a couple weeks?

For those of you that remember the DirecTV days and gray market programming. Those that decided to buy in early did well. As news got out of 'free programming' it wasn't long before it became important to the programmer to stop these activities. In the end many people chose this option and many people also were very disappointed in how long it lasted.
    If this is any indication of your knowledge about how this technology works, I feel sorry for your customers.

I have been fortunate enough to be a part of some amazing installations at some amazing venues in my time
    Sounds amazing.

I also manufacture and sell structure, turf and screen systems and do quite a bit of high end luxury home custom design and installation in Canada and the US.
    Well you're certainly getting off on the right foot with the largest online simulator forum in the world.

On that note if you are looking for a professional, custom designed simulator I am happy to help. Regardless of the technology you are powering it with.
    LOL. Ok.

3 Wood Stonebattle is on a distinguished road
    Golfsimxpert:
    I assume you mean there is potential civil liability and not illegal. In any case, can you publish here the wording in GC2's license agreement that limits end users to only GC2 software and does not allow interface with compatible alternatives.
    Last edited by Stonebattle; 02-27-2014 at 09:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Msuzippy View Post
    So now we know you're not a lawyer. It's "moot", not "mute".

And if I don't update my GC2 firmware beyond it's current version, how exactly is the software going to stop working?
    Bingo!

Btw, this was done earlier tonight. One of the players was using a GC2. Enjoy! http://www.twitch.tv/zmaxsim/b/506905080

Par Dax is on a distinguished road
    I sure wish if someone makes acusations and states as fact that they would provide some concrete reasons for why they are stating the things that they do. I believe that a number of questions have been asked as to where all of this information has come from and these questions have been ignored. Where are you getting your information and what is being said. To bad I can only add reputation on the forum as I know how I would be ranking some of the above posts that I have read from one specific individual as the posting is not helpful at all.

3 Wood Frans@france is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    I sure wish if someone makes acusations and states as fact that they would provide some concrete reasons for why they are stating the things that they do. I believe that a number of questions have been asked as to where all of this information has come from and these questions have been ignored. Where are you getting your information and what is being said. To bad I can only add reputation on the forum as I know how I would be ranking some of the above posts that I have read from one specific individual as the posting is not helpful at all.
    And I would have added the word FUD

Thread Information