100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Sand Wedge ovl is on a distinguished road

Trugolf and e6 in an "commercial" environment

Hello,

After I posted here to get some infos about TruTrak System and did not really get what I was looking for, I want to share with you my experiences on buying and operating a Trugolf Simulator, I could not really find a good post for that in the net, so I thought for some this is might interesting.

that is what I am talking about there are some pictures to see the final outcome
    www.golf-simulator-zentrum.at - it is located in vienna - austria - europe.

We built the Box, Impact Screen, and Flooring ourself and just bought the Sensor System "TruTrak" and the "e6 Golf Software" with 85 Golf Courses from Trugolf. Pricing was around 10.000 dollars for sensors and e6 software.

Some pictures: http://www.golf-simulator-zentrum.at/gallery/

Regarding the System Installation:
    We got the unit with FedEX
    For European / UK Users - you will need a EU/UK power Plug, everything comes with a US Power Plug so you need an adaper for that, but system also runs well also on 220V.
    The lighting provided is a bad joke ;-) We bought a halogen light you need here in a warehouse, best is a 10° (recommended) to 30° (also works and serves better light) - 75 Watts halogen Spot - we use an OSRAM here.

There is no installation manual, or something like this, so if you build it on your own, you have to do it with try and error.

sensors come on the bottom side with this connectors -> energy cable 8 meter, a serial cable (including adapter to USB for PC) 10 meters and 3 microphone cables 10 meters, microphone can be connected on the end of this cables, we got 4 microphones in the box, so one for replacement issues, if you breaks during play.

Regarding the energy power cable, we had got some issues with antistatic interference, you have to take care that the power cable is grounded, otherwise misreads can/will happen.

After looking around all over the net - we have produced our own Video Impact Screen, we also can offer to others, also US Customers (Transport around 80 Dollars)
    http://www.golfballs.at/Golf-Simulator-Impact-Screen
    if you need a working golf simulator screen for this or any other simulator, without any seam in the middle of the screen, this is the solution for you, the screen has 2 layers, and can be produced to your dimensions. maximum height 3,05 meters.

The Sensor board is about 8cm in height and can be modified to fit your flooring from a minimum of 7cm to around 11cm maximum - 75cm lenght - 32 cm in width.
    So the flooring has to be at least around 7cm of height.

you have to take care that the sensors are installed in the middle of the screen, also the top microphone has to be positioned in the top middle of the box.

We positioned the microphones around 1 meter away from the impact screen. which gives the best results from our POV. On the second box we have put the sensors 1,5 meters from the screen, but I do not really see better or worse results than 1 meter.

In an XML File you can set, where are the microphones, the position of the sensor board and also you have to provide the location of the halogen light, and the dimensions of the booth.

Best halogen light is 1 meter in front and 2,8 to 3,4 meters in height of the sensor board, this data in Inches must be set in that XML File. You find this file under C:/trugolf/trusensor.xml

Also it is very important at software installation that you set the correct sensor system, as otherwise wrong data will be provided.

The e6 Software comes on 2 DVD's installs in around 30 Minutes, we have to install the Serial to USB Converter on our own, you see the missing drivers in the device manager - drivers are all on disk 1 of the installation DVD.

If you are experienced with IT, XML and have a little of technical understanding then it should not be an issue at all to install the TruTrak System.

What we have seen before you by an video projector, look at the picture dimensions you get, before you built the booth.

----

Overall after the Installation and some weeks of testing - the distances we measure are correct - I am myself a professional, 3 other Pro's and our customers tested the unit more than 200 hours, and we see that the shots we did, are more or less in 95% cricle where I would say, you could not get it better for that price.

Putting should be a little easier to handle, best you can set the speed yourself, as this seems to me to speedy, even in slow green modus.

Installation, for the second booth was very easy to handle, as we did know all the issues from the first booth.

The e6 Software runs very good with an i5 and an GTX Graphics Card for around 150 Dollars, you get a fluent 3D Experience. Also the handling etc. is very good, some issues regarding, missread hits, f.e. to reset the sensor system, so you can rehit a shot - should be fixed.

Only real issue, as an EU Member the support from Trugolf is not that good, but this may is not an issue if you life on the other side of the ocean.

We would stick again with Trugolf, and can give a good recommendation for this system - if you are from the European Union, we can support you, if you have issues.

Oliver
    golf simulator zentrum - vienna austria
    Last edited by Kilroy; 12-07-2013 at 04:28 PM.

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    Nice indoor golf center you got there. Although, I would disagree with your comment,"you could not get it better for that price."

Anyway, good luck with your business.

Quote Originally Posted by ZMax View Post
    Nice indoor golf center you got there. Although, I would disagree with your comment,"you could not get it better for that price."

Anyway, good luck with your business.
    what cheaper options did we have? for left and righthanded with ball flight analysis and 80 courses to play on a "e6" quality level?

You could have gone with Protee with 110 course and most of them are much better than e6. All for less than 6k. I also have the E6 but prefer proteeplay. Putting is much better on Protee.

Why did trugolf charge you $10k for just sensors and software? Seems like too much.....

We tested before also the Pro Tee System - but for an commercial installation I think that the fact that you have to place the ball every time on the same spot, is not really user friendly for a commercial usage. The only system that I had preferred instead of the trugolf was the one from about golf, but they never sent me an unit only price, so finally we took the other system.

Putting issue is not really a show stopper, as I think indoor only a few people use the putting option, the rest let the software decide the putts.

It was 7200 euros to be exact for e6 and trutrak, so around 9500 dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by ovl View Post

Putting issue is not really a show stopper, as I think indoor only a few people use the putting option, the rest let the software decide the putts.

It was 7200 euros to be exact for e6 and trutrak, so around 9500 dollars.
    That might be true for trugolf systems because putting on E6 is horrible. Its not true for indoor commercial Protee systems. When putting is accurate and fun, people love to putt. Its part of the whole experience. I've seen this first hand at a nearby Protee indoor facility.

The trugolf will serve you well. I just think that you could have one better. You know where Protee is located so support would have easy.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    I agree with Z. The Trugolf will be fine. You still need to place the ball in a general place with Trugolf. One of the negatives with the Trutrac is how well does it measure club face angle and path given the unspecified ball location. We have avTrugolf at our club. It is somewhat forgiving but overall a decent system. The putting on ProTee Play is miles ahead of E6. Now the new updated E6 or E6-2 may have improved putting. Good luck with your golf center. I am sure you will enjoy and do well with the Trugolf systems.

Pitching Wedge throttle is on a distinguished road
    ZMax,

Where in our neck of woods is this commercial facility with Protee? I want to go check it out...

Its in napervile. Its called score18 indoor golf. They have 6 nice bays but none of them are using the high speed cameras. They're still using the web cam for LA. And I doubt the systems are using the latest software nor are they performing accurately. Have not been there for over a year. You're better off coming to my place.

Wow! They really need to upgrade things then!

Quote Originally Posted by bubba22 View Post
    Wow! They really need to upgrade things then!
    If you're wondering what happened. I stopped going there is what happened!!

Z, perhaps they should hire you for the day to go "upgrade" things! Would be in their best interest!

Quote Originally Posted by bubba22 View Post
    Z, perhaps they should hire you for the day to go "upgrade" things! Would be in their best interest!
    I would certainly decline. No need to talk about that here.

Ace wbealsd is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMax View Post
    I would certainly decline. No need to talk about that here.
    Their loss, in that case. Score18 had an impressive setup when I visited you, but it was obvious the owner wasn't really a "techie" and the indoor golf business was a side issue for his other business. I doubt he can even upgrade the software without assistance.

Yup, the place was nice and cozy. Pizza place next door too. Too bad though....

Thread Information