CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Need a Caddy TheGolfer is on a distinguished road

Best video cam setup for sim room for around $200?

May be wrong place since I know you are focused on sims. But most of you have a sim room setup or studio.

Do you also have a good indoor video / high speed camera for video?

I have a not so good 30fps with shutter speed of only 1/200 inside.

Learning shutter speed then frame rate is most important. Resolution is less. Shutter speed reduces the blur of the club but high speed shutters that are manual are rare and require sunlight.

Curious if anyone has a setup with video and is happy with it and what they are using in conjunction with you sim?

I would love to get something around $200 that does 120fps.

Thanks.

Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    Long time no hear golfer.
    at the moment I have my Samsung Galaxy Note3 with taking video inside at 120 fps and doing well. throw it into V1 on android.
    sucking pro swings off youtube with youtube downloader for android.
    Otherwise the sony action cam may fit your needs with a bit more cash. Have not seen it in action.

@cpa

Nice to hear from you too. Hopeall is well. Sorry for the long post butI know you know your sims and would love to hear how you have your 120fps videosetup.

I am trying to learn this quickly but also do it as cheap aspossible. They don’t seem to go hand inhand though. I have a Nikon d5100 as acamera which is a good camera BUT only does 30fps. Very blurry. Wish I bought a dual camera at the time that does 120fps. I want 120fps but don’t need to remove 100%blur and see 100% of the club face the entire time.

I saw the sony action cam hdr-as15 which on the surface seemsattractive but add up all the accessories you need for golf and its ~$240 US$ without adding V1 and some reviews weren’t that positive from a golfperspective. It does do wifi to my ipadin addition SD card to my windows 7 sim machine so that is attractive.

I may be in the market for a new smart phone so thought I can kill twobirds with one dollar maybe. The old (cirica2008-09) unsupported casios I am told are the best but ~$400 usedfor old un-supported cameras from japan with no refunds is too much for me. I am told from the casio snobs that without the high speed 1/25000-1/40000 manual shutter speed my video will not look good. I don’t buy it. Maybe not as good but there has to besomething else in between.

Can you explain your interfaces. Do you use an android tablet? CanI use my apple ipad I already have via wifi to an android smart phone? Does it have an SD or mini SD card that I can port the pictures to mywindows 7 machine since it has a larger display using the machine's SD card reader? Can you mount the galaxy on a tripod with auniversal mount? I like the big galaxy screen. Not familiar with android and how that worksand what it can interface with. I have an ipad but the iphones are too smallfor me. Heard the iphone 5S is nice for120fps but again small video and stuck with just apple I think with no SD cardto my windows 7 machine.

I like the idea of wifi to the smart device but also like the idea ofthe SD card interface to the windows 7 machine with an SD card reader becauseof the bigger monitor. I use a freewaresport analysis program called KINOVEA which is FREE and does basic drawing andside by side swing analysis also can load videos – similar to cswing or V1. So far it seems cool and you can’t beat free.

If you are in the market for a free software that takes youtube swingvideos and converts them to video filesfor analysis take a look at FREEMAKE if you are just using youtube directly.

On the devices I heard the following may work for indoor 120fps: galaxy which you have, iphone 5s, sony actioncam with some negatives and price, and a Kodak camera Zi15. The Kodak zi5 isnot a phone and may be unsupported too.

At your convenience, can you take a video of an indoor swing and send aPM with link to youtube or something so I can compare how it looks compare tomy current solution indoors? If the indoorlighting makes them look all the same hate to spend any money on something new.

As always, greatly appreciate your insight and help.

Kind Regards,

Golfer

EDIT:
    If this is duplicate with existing thread my apologies for poor forum etiquette. Also don't mean to offend casio owners with the "snob" comment. Another camera forum they were snobs.
    Last edited by TheGolfer; 12-02-2013 at 05:30 AM.

Gap Wedge GMR is on a distinguished road
    I recently picked up a hardly-used Sanyo VPC-FH1A on eBay for about $100, and IMHO this is the most neglected high-speed camera on the market today. At about a quarter the price of the Casio cams everyone talks about, you have a camera that can shoot decent quality video (at least for golf swing analysis purposes) at 240fps and can even get to 600fps if you just want to see shaft plane, etc. and aren't all that concerned about a lot of fuzziness (honestly I find it shows me everything I need to see). Check it out.

Thanks. I will check it out also.

Quote Originally Posted by CPA View Post
    Nice swing. The video looks great also. Looks like you just have the overhead light above and that's it. Is the fps 120? You have been a big help, thank you.

This is better without the light in shot
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oO2...e_gdata_player

Overhead light and 10w lcd flood side and back

Yes 120 fps. Outside quality would be better or flood on body. This is good enough for moment..
    Fits on tripod with universal mount. V1 for Android is free but small cost to get rid of ads, compare and more models. Just handy on the train etc.

Surprised how good it looks without the extra lights. This is a great option.

Is there a zoom feature. Looks like you are fairly close to the tripod. Unfortunately for me I have some distance between me and the tripod due to space.

Thanks again for pics. They look great.

I have to use wide angle lens so with your space it should be perfect.
    Have to set delay timer, prefer mic trigger of v1 on windows and auto replay but not an option on android. In fact V1 needs to get up to date as the in app video capture only is 30fps. Sure with power of note3 they could have mic trigger as well.

I have to use wide angle lens so with your space it should be perfect.
    Have to set delay timer, prefer mic trigger of v1 on windows and auto replay but not an option on android. In fact V1 needs to get up to date as the in app video capture only is 30fps. Sure with power of note3 they could have mic trigger as well.

3 Wood Stonebattle is on a distinguished road
    You may want to consider the Casio EX-FC150. It can record high speed video up to 1000 fps, although 240 fps is more realistic due to resolution of 448X336. At 120 fps it has a resolution of 640X480. It can be purchased within your budget.

It needs quite a bit of light, but it does have shutter speed control, therefore you can take high speed video indoors or out. This gives it the ability to capture swings with little blur as long as you have enough light. I typically set it at 240 fps with a shutter speed of 1/2500 to get clear video.

Pitching Wedge throttle is on a distinguished road

Sony Action Cam

I just picked up a Sony Action Cam and am unimpressed. Picture is not even close to what you get out of a normal iPhone 4. Way to much blur in tne swing and color and light wash out.

The wide angle lens helped with the distance limits of my garage but the picture quality is far behind. I can only get 60fps out of it. At 120 fps the picture is way to grainy. Looks like I will be taking it back and just upgrading my iPhone to a 5s.

CPA what kind of wide angle lens did you buy? I my need to do the same but don't want to much of a fisheye effect...

Thread Information