100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    Put AA at 2 and lower the detail to minimum. Your dual core is the bottleneck.

7 Iron THARN is on a distinguished road THARN's Avatar
    I figured the computer was straining getting the pc player's algorithms in there.

In the Zone syhlif32 is on a distinguished road
    I changed my mother board as the old got zapped by a lighting storm last week.
    Got a MB for gaming and could use all the old component. It works so much better now clearly faster and no more audio issues where I had to cycle the power to the sensor pad.
    So the Mother board does make a difference for the Protee.

Since I use 'Almost balls' I do get a lower launch angle.
    While I think the best was if Protee made us a LA factor I have now tilted the V-Cam down 2.5 degrees. I used the board in the picture as alignment tool.
    20131210_111801.jpg
    While it might be a little to much for driver and not quit enough for wedges it does works better for me Until a software solution comes

I've now played 5 rounds plus some range using the GC2 on my Protee software. I can honestly say that both are very close in terms of ball flight and distance. The driver carry is a little less than what the gc2 displays but that's an easy fix. I'm playing the same shots on the gc2 as i would on the protee. Folks that I've been playing with online can attest to my normal cut or fade approach shots to the green. The short game is also very similar. And my scores are pretty much the same on the gc2.

So, if your Protee is setup correctly, where the cams are working great and you're using game settings similar to mine, you should feel confident about the Protee's simulation. And it's going to get even closer with the ball measuring add on.

3 Wood cvclub is on a distinguished road
    Played Whiteford CC, decent and good for a fun round. Played Willow Lakes, similar to Whiteford. Just played Little Tree, this may be the most difficult course I have encountered. Very long, hazards everywhere, and intense elevated and undulating greens! This will test your mettle!

On a technical note, as anyone seen the msg "Different server version' when trying to play online? It prevented me from entering a online session today.

Ace goatbarn is on a distinguished road
    Wouldn't the protee's new ball spin cam measurements be the only data used to replicate ball flight? That's all you would need....

Hopefully their spin cam will be accurate enough that the club measurements measured along side make sense to the shot shape displayed or else a lot of people are going to be scratching their heads.

hey guys- im tweaking the settings and I cant ind these lines-- its new install- updated to latest beta before even playing: I do se lines in there with LA at the end but nothese ones below:

Chipping_ballspeed_factor=65
    Chipping_drag_factor=100
    Chipping_minimum_launch_angle=40 (37 for Almost golf balls)

Pitching_distance=65
    Pitching_ballspeed_factor=85
    Pitching_drag_factor=100
    Pitching_minimum_launch_angle=40 (37 for Almost golf balls)

Number_of_iterations=35

Run the interface then exit right away. It will then be there.

im either going to have to uninstall and reinstall- or build or buy a new comp- no matter what I set in the graphics settings.. all minimum- as soon as I start up a course it looks like its maxed and is real laggy- I dont have my vid card over riding anything either.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Tharn you can change the graphics in th ProTee Play. Options, graphics, try min settings.

I do- ever since I added the computer player- it maxed out the settings (when it loads the courses) for some reason-
    the pro tee play settings are set at minimum-

Does it happen as well when you play without a computer opponent?

Yes- I didnt realize it at first- but I added a computer golfer last night- and the game turned into a crawl for fps-
    so i shut it down - restarted the comp and went back to the range to test the cameras and sensors more-
    then today I tweaked the settings file and adjusted cams -hit balls at the range- then i loaded a course at minimum settings.
    I can tell its loading higher setting cause it takes alot longer to load the course then it did the first times I loaded em to look at fly overs-
    and I can also tell the graphics are high- because Bloom is (on) I never turned Bloom on- dont get me wrong the course looks great-
    I just cant play it set this high- pro tee play graphics settings have not changed in the graphics settings section-
    thats why i think i should just uninstall and re install-

Have you upgraded to the latest nvidia driver? I think my first Protee sim computer was an AMD dual core with a GTS250. I upgraded to a quad very quickly if I recall.

You changed the graphics settings to minimum but they revert back to maximum the next time you go in to check?

No- the graphics settings dont change in the game options-(what I select stays there) but when i load a course- I can clearly tell that it is loading very high to max settings.
    I put this comp back together and reinstalled all hardware and drivers(including latest nvidia drivers)- runs fine- actually ran pro tee at medium settings at around 25 fps(which isnt bad at all) But now i cant get it to load the settings i want-

its not a big deal to un install and reinstall- now that i know how things go-

Tharn, I highly recommend you upgrade your computer. If your computer starts to slow down, while online, you'll slow everybody else down. An could even crash the online session.

I wouldnt play online with a dud- i know what it can do to everyones fun-
    Im looking at options for a new build-
    anyway I reinstalled and re did everything just to make sure- and its the weirdest thing- I started the pro tee portal up loaded a course-
    it was fine- smooth - exited out- and re checked the cameras because I wanted to hit some shots..
    restarted portal- loaded augusta- and it was running laggy again...I went to hole 12 to hit some shots anyway-
    the first shot was low fps-
    then everything was running fine- i went to about 4 different holes and hit shots and putted around- flybys too- it was smooth as silk.
    i dont get it--- still going to get an upgrade- but at least i can play and get things tweaked for now. and give s me time to get the best bang for the buck- in specs.

question about Augusta- are there no other tees than tourney?

Quote Originally Posted by THARN View Post
    question about Augusta- are there no other tees than tourney?
    Not with this version. There's an updated version that has shorter tees. We'll try to push for that for the next batch.

good-- lol- I certainly dont have the distance I used too-and boy thats some length there,

Yeah, we used that course for our Masters Tournament last Winter and everybody got their asses kicked. I think I shot 28 over par in one of the rounds.

9 Iron Baller is on a distinguished road
    My camera setting change while I'm playing! I notice shots start to not read correctly, and then I go look and my Hcam FPS went from 48 to 60. Thoughts? Actually, the portal won't even load my cam setting correctly. It's saved at set at 48, then I go into the portal and portal will show 51.

With everything closed, I go into Flycap and recall my settings. Then, open the interface.

Somethings else I should be doing?

In the portal, when I exit a game, it does not always prompt me to save it. What can I do? Is there a save menu? (forgot to look)

9 Iron Baller is on a distinguished road
    I updated firmware and played the rest of my round (9 holes). Settings stayed the same, so never mind. Hopefully the firmware took care of the issue.

Also noticed that these Almost Golf balls are ruining my game. Can't get enough feedback. Wife's going to love my dent in the ceiling from my high lob shot... oops! I may have to put something there after all.

Fun to play this when it works... Now I need to try a round without the mulligans.

I agree. I stopped using Almost Golf balls a while ago. I hated hitting wedge shots with them.

8 Iron craig118 is on a distinguished road craig118's Avatar
    Really liking new courses and Interface, except my draw seems excessive. Anyone else that draws the ball notice this?

8 Iron craig118 is on a distinguished road craig118's Avatar
    Your probably right psace. I think I developed some bad swing tendencies while hitting hundreds of drivers trying to tune my h cam. Will have to work on fundamentals again.. Time to dig out my Tom Watson dvd.

So your rough penalties are not working?

http://forum.OttawaGolf.com/showthre...393#post495393

This Winters first online tournament. Who's in?

I moved the stance mat about 4 inches closer -so i had to reset the hcam and v cam- played 3 holes at 'The manor-
    I am really timid hitting the driver- and it shows-- but over all things seem to be working- since I reset everything-I havent had time to go in and change the settings yet in the settings file- I hope it does something to long pitch shots- cause right now I think they go too far-
    the ball never stops rolling when it hits the green it seems-

in the interface- what is offset for?

Pitching is fixed with the new settings. Offset is the amount of ball/ club /Grey stuff that you want in the capture.

Thread Information