CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast
    5 Iron mcook is on a distinguished road
    bubs...sorry it's taken a few days to reply to your PM. To answer your questions.

I also built a subfloor ontop my cement floor. I bought 14ft 2x4's and layed them across my 14'3" wide room with 16" centers.
    You can see the setup in these photos:
    http://forum.ottawagolf.com/showthre...l=1#post479593

I nailed the 2x4's into the cement floor with a ramset. You can see I built a housing around my hitting & putting sensors. Have the sensor housing in place then nail the rest of the flooring around that housing. I then screwed 3/4" plywood on top followed by a nice dense padding (yellow). The putting turf covers my entire floor...I had bought that years ago directly from AboutGolf when I was hoping to have one of their units (I never won the lottery).
    I have a friend in the carpet business cut the slots for the putting sensor out for me. Here was his trick. We put 2 strips of tape over the putting sensors and colored the indentation with a black marker. Rolled the carpet back onto the putting sensor and pressed down on the putting sensor. When we rolled the carpet back it it left 2 perfect black strips on the underside of the putting turf. This gave him the exact location to cut out the strips for the putting sensor. Sliced out the 2 strips...layed the carpet back down and it was perfect. Let me know if I can elaborate or help in any other way.

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    There's some chance that an option to upgrade the Protee to include real spin and spin axis could be ready in early 2014. It's just a rumor. Please don't call or email them asking about this.

Continue saving money....

Shotmaker bubs3141 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMax View Post
    This is the best idea. It'll give you a clean look and nice area to putt. Just make sure it's very dark.
    I agree and it will also be the cheaper method. I e-mailed John Carilli from custom design to see if he has a stance mat with a cut out for the putting sensor already or could do one for a reasonable price.

Putter sleeping kin is on a distinguished road
    After searching a lot of topics on room size I'm starting to get nervous about the room size I am about to have in my new house.

What kind of issues should I be considering with a 18.5' x 14' with 10' ceilings. I'll likely have some lefties on it occasionally and had planned on having the Protee dead center with 7' each way. Is that not enough? How about room for a couch behind the hitting area with 18.5' to work with?

Playing Winter Rules mmlincon is on a distinguished road
    There's some chance that an option to upgrade the Protee to include real spin and spin axis could be ready in early 2014. It's just a rumor. Please don't call or email them asking about this.

Continue saving money....
    This would just be HUGE!!!!!! At a reasonable price of course......

Yes it is. Great club plus great spin.

Playing Winter Rules mmlincon is on a distinguished road
    You'd have it all. Club data, ball data and spin data. Add over 100 courses and you have the holy grail of golf simulators.

Zmax

Do you think this would work for my putting sensor, or would this slow down the ball to much?http://http://www.allturfmats.com/Ul...-p/utt4860.htm

or here is another

http://www.allturfmats.com/OptiShot-...-p/utp4848.htm

Quote Originally Posted by mmlincon View Post
    You'd have it all. Club data, ball data and spin data. Add over 100 courses and you have the holy grail of golf simulators.
    That's why I said we're going to feel like kids on Xmas morning. Throw in online play and the potential big increase in the number of players....etc...exciting stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by bubs3141 View Post
    Zmax

Do you think this would work for my putting sensor, or would this slow down the ball to much?http://www.allturfmats.com/Ultimate-...-p/utt4860.htm

or here is another

http://www.allturfmats.com/OptiShot-...-p/utp4848.htm

The Optishot mat would probably be better to stand on when putting but I don't know how the ball will roll on it. Perhaps you misunderstood my previous response. I suggested the one piece carpet.

The Optishot mat would probably be better to stand on when putting but I don't know how the ball will roll on it. Perhaps you misunderstood my previous response. I suggested the one piece carpet.
    my bad, I thought you meant stance mat option.

bcgc0918
    bubs I agree with Z on one piece of carpet. But like he said make it dark. And if you can get one of the sample squares and lay it under the hcam and do a preview to see it it shines. The stuff z got at home depot looks perfect for the job. I have putting green turf and it shines way to much. And I have gotten a lot of samples and they all shine. I need some of the ones z got from home depot. But my store don't carry them. and online it looks like they are light brown and no color choice.

See Protee.
    Last edited by ZMax; 01-05-2014 at 09:56 AM.

Albatross HoganWoods is on a distinguished road HoganWoods's Avatar
    Zmax is one dedicated proteee guy! Up at all hours of the night to load courses! Seriously though, do you work for any of these companies? You seem to have the inside track.

3 Wood thelono is on a distinguished road
    Awesome Z!

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Yes there are dedicated Protee users like ZMax here. That works out well for all Protee users. More to come from Protee. Stay tuned!!!!!

These courses will appear in the Portal in the next few weeks for folks that want to wait and do it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by bubba22 View Post
    Yes there are dedicated Protee users like ZMax here. That works out well for all Protee users. More to come from Protee. Stay tuned!!!!!
    Yeah, it's awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by HoganWoods View Post
    Zmax is one dedicated proteee guy! Up at all hours of the night to load courses! Seriously though, do you work for any of these companies? You seem to have the inside track.

No, I do not work for any of these companies nor do they pay me, including Protee. I work strange hours which allows me to do some of these things at strange times. I will sometime provide remote support to Protee Sim owners and some of them have compensated me for my time. I'm an avid golfer and want to make my Sim as realistic as possible, and yet affordable. That Sim at the moment is Protee.

I've played on or tested most of these devices or Sims out there. My background allows me to understand how most of them work. In my quest to own the most realistic simulator, I became a beta tester for Protee. Which allowed me direct access to the owner and the inside track to a lot of developments.

No, I do not work for any of these companies nor do they pay me, including Protee. I work strange hours which allows me to do some of these things at strange times. I will sometime provide remote support to Protee Sim owners and some of them have compensated me for my time. I'm an avid golfer and want to make my Sim as realistic as possible, and yet affordable. That Sim at the moment is Protee.

I've played on or tested most of these devices or Sims out there. My background allows me to understand how most of them work. In my quest to own the most realistic simulator, I became a beta tester for Protee. Which allowed me direct access to the owner and the inside track to a lot of developments.
    Good stuff. Keep up the great work!

5 Iron mcook is on a distinguished road
    Awesome Zmax! Looking forward to testing the new interface and downloading the new courses. Appreciate you keeping us in the loop!

Ardmore is beautiful. Playing it right now. Green bunkers earn't labeled though.

8 Iron craig118 is on a distinguished road craig118's Avatar
    No label's on greens side bunkers I assume they react like fairway bunker penalty? I assume Protee will fix this before adding to portal. My question is if I install new courses from your links now do I have to delete these later when they are on portal (with issues like green bunker you noted fixed)?

Zmax

here is an option for carpet, what do you think?

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Mohawk-Ho...z0vk9rZ1z1409i

These courses have never been tested because we wanted them so fast...

Make a list of all the problems.

Yes note any of the issues. Some of he bunker labeling issues are in the design by the individual course designer. unfortunately there is no standard as to how the bunkers, hazzards, waste areas, rough etc are labelled. The Protee interface needs the correct "labelling" to change the ball reaction. Let ZMax or myself know what different labels are present and which ones are not responding to our lie penalties and we will have Protee fix them.

Quote Originally Posted by craig118 View Post
    No label's on greens side bunkers I assume they react like fairway bunker penalty? I assume Protee will fix this before adding to portal. My question is if I install new courses from your links now do I have to delete these later when they are on portal (with issues like green bunker you noted fixed)?
    They actually act like fairways with no penalty. If an updated course comes, you can delete it or just change the name to keep both. We have others already that have this problem. They'll be on the portal in 2 weeks, unless we tell them to hold off. Don't expect a fix for this any time soon. RC is super busy. Besides, once the next interface comes out, you'll be able to just play a flop out of them.
    Last edited by ZMax; 12-05-2013 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bubs3141 View Post
    Zmax

here is an option for carpet, what do you think?

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Mohawk-Ho...z0vk9rZ1z1409i
    Without seeing it in person, I can't say if it's good. It appears to be black enough. I'll try to remember to look for it next time I'm there.

Craig which courses don't have the green side bunker labels?

I've only played Ardmore and it has that problem.

So Z, the bunkers have no label at all?

Thread Information