CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
    Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Like I said, feel free to join. Let's move on. This is my last post on this subject!!

3 Wood cvclub is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by bubba22 View Post
    Like I said, feel free to join. Let's move on. This is my last post on this subject!!
    Typical response, you selectively address the issues!

FYI, these are the msg received when attempting to sign on:

1) Login denied! Your account has either been blocked or you have not activated it yet. (fyi, activation request was denied!)

2)Teamspeak: you are permanently banned

7 Wood Msuzippy is on a distinguished road
    So sad to see this childish behavior from a de facto representative of Protee. I'm having second thoughts about buying the software if it means that I have to constantly kiss the butt of one of their forum admins on their website just to make sure I'm welcomed to play online. Although it works well for bubba , I'm not really in to that.

Quote Originally Posted by cvclub View Post
    Typical response, you selectively address the issues!

FYI, these are the msg received when attempting to sign on:

1) Login denied! Your account has either been blocked or you have not activated it yet. (fyi, activation request was denied!)

2)Teamspeak: you are permanently banned

Cv, I will ask you to be careful with your responses. I am not sure what you mean by typical response and me selectively addressing the issue. If your login is denied then contact ProTee. I can follow up on that. Teamspeak I can't speak of. Again b careful with your response.

Albatross HoganWoods is on a distinguished road HoganWoods's Avatar
    I don't want to stir the pot but since I am considering buying Protee Online, I'd like to know what's going on. Are you guys saying that you can be banned from online play by moderators without any valid reason?

7 Wood Msuzippy is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by HoganWoods View Post
    I don't want to stir the pot but since I am considering buying Protee Online, I'd like to know what's going on. Are you guys saying that you can be banned from online play by moderators without any valid reason?
    That's what I'm worried about as well. Before I pull the trigger, I'm going to ask a Protee employee.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    OK fellas. The Protee forum policy is not a topic for this forum. Everyone is welcome here but we have nothing to do with that forum. We don't want users arguing here because of something happening on another site. Future posts on the topic will be deleted. Your cooperation is appreciated.
    Last edited by Kilroy; 01-01-2014 at 01:08 PM.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Ahem. Please move on.

I have had to delete 3 posts because you guys can't drop the issue.
    I don't want to close this thread, but I will if you cannot move on from this "uproar". Also the next one who posts about the issue in question will get a 48 hr ban for not respecting the forum. I wasn't going to do that but people don't seem to be getting it.

Enough is enough. If you have an issue with the way the other site is being run bring it to the companies management.

In the Zone syhlif32 is on a distinguished road
    Right on Kilroy!
    We got the largest and best Golf Simulator forum right here so let is keep it that way.

Back to the ProTee Simulator.
    I have send a few suggestion to ProTee (Dennis) for improvements to the Sim.
    Add a option for a launch angle factor so we can simulate a real golf ball while using a limited flight ball
    That is a factor for a % increase or decrease in launch angle and also a factor for total spin so people that are hitting more durable 2 layer balls can simulate a higher spin ball.
    The driver ball speed is low by a factor of 1.1 (10%) Know it can be easy adjusted but there must be something wrong in the way it is calculated.
    The gear_effect_factor is very optimistic with regards to distance. Nice to have it but no the ball does not fly 30 yards extra on a toe hit. I have turned it off (-2) until that gets sorted.
    Get the CPU player real. Just no point in playing with a long hitter like that that never miss a shot. Guess that is why people do not use the option much.

5. Get a (red) alignment line back in PT5 method special for the h-cam it is hard to setup the cam parallel. I went back to PT3 on the H-cam because of that.

6. Beta interfaces on the ProTee support site. With change logs on what has changed and also a help test of what the individual lines in the settings file is for and the range they can be assigned.

Any other suggestion please put them here and also write to Support/ Dennis so we can make the Protee better for us all.

I hope the new additions by Protee will not need some of the above suggestions. We'll see in the very near future.

1 Iron AJA is on a distinguished road
    Hi! I'm very close to making the commitment to ProTee, but still have a few question marks that need to be resolved.
    I've noted that a lot of people are very enthusiastic about the putting sensor so I've decided it's a "must have". The one niggle that I have though is, my space isn't quite wide enough and I'm planning on offsetting the sensor installation more to the right of the spaces center line by about 20 - 30 cm (8"-12") to make more room for my backswing. The projector will stay on the center line of the room to properly project the image on the screen.

The net result of this is that I will be hitting a bit to the right of the center of the impact screen. ProTee, tells me, although there's no setting in the software to tell it of variations in the placement of the sensors, the system should still work correctly.

My question to the forum is, has anybody installed their ProTee with the sensors offset from the center of the room or screen, and what the trade offs are?

And next question to those with putting sensors, what exactly are you looking at to line up with when putting? I presume you are looking at the image of the flag / cup on the screen.

My concern is, if I have installed the putting sensor offset from the screen centerline, what I'd be looking at on the screen wouldn't be lining up with what the putting sensor was expecting, since it was offset from the center of the screen. Any thoughts or advice?

Thanks for your help!

8 Iron craig118 is on a distinguished road craig118's Avatar
    AJA, I would try to center your sensors to the midpoint of your screen as much as possible. It will feel unnatural hitting one foot right of the screen center line (Flag) and if you hit to the center of screen from 1 foot right it will register as a slight pull. What size screen are you looking at projecting? In my case I simply changed to a 4:3 format and a smaller screen (8X10 ish) so I could center everything. If I had gone with 16:9 format I would not have been able to center the sensors to the projected image. In my opinion 8x10 is plenty big enough. Putting sensor is a must, I have a hole plug cutout 5 foot ahead of my putting sensor on the center line for a target.

I agree with Craig. If you are offset a little bit it's ok but for a more realistic experience try to center your sensors as much as possible.

Bogie Libbing is on a distinguished road Libbing's Avatar
    For what it is worth, I don't align anything by looking at the screen. For full shots, I align the aiming stick on the computer to where I want to hit and then focus on getting my feet / shoulder alignment to be parallel to the sensor pad. So if the screen were a couple of feet offset, it wouldn't affect anything on how I swing. It would look a little funny with the ball streak being offset, but wouldn't impact my alignment or performance.

Same goes for putting. I line up my putts using the aiming stick on the computer. Then I focus on hitting a putt that crosses the two putting strips in an absolutely perpendicular ball path. So it doesn't matter where the screen is for me (other than looking a little funny). I assume some guys don't use the alignment stick as much and they putt across the sensors at an angle as their method of aiming. I think that is a lot harder / hard to know whether you hit a putt on your line or not or whether you just aimed wrong. If that is how you do it, you'd have issues with the offset.

So it all depends on how you use the screen vs the computer for aiming. For me, the screen in front of me is just for the fun of it / better experience. I could have a computer or screen off to the side and hit into a net and it wouldn't matter in terms of how I aim / execute shots since I rely completely on the "manual" aiming feature in the interface rather than relying on the screen for visual cues (i.e. aim by moving the aiming stick on the screen).

All that said, if you had an option to alter the screen size to align it all, that would just look a little better for the experience, but not a deal breaker in my opinion. Just make sure those overhead lights are set perfectly over the sensor pads.

Quote Originally Posted by craig118 View Post
    AJA, I would try to center your sensors to the midpoint of your screen as much as possible. It will feel unnatural hitting one foot right of the screen center line (Flag) and if you hit to the center of screen from 1 foot right it will register as a slight pull. What size screen are you looking at projecting? In my case I simply changed to a 4:3 format and a smaller screen (8X10 ish) so I could center everything. If I had gone with 16:9 format I would not have been able to center the sensors to the projected image. In my opinion 8x10 is plenty big enough. Putting sensor is a must, I have a hole plug cutout 5 foot ahead of my putting sensor on the center line for a target.
    Thanks for your reply. I'd agree that hitting to the right would feel unnatural. That's my concern. But I believe the putting would be even more of a challenge since visually (if I keep the screen image centered) the aim point wouldn't align with the putting sensor (if it's installed off-center).

My hang-up about shifting the image on the impact screen is that this is a permanent install and my "model" is a FS system. In a commercial simulator the projected image is always "full screen" with no white space, etc.

My space is almost a perfect 4:3 ratio, but your reply has got me thinking that I just have to "adjust my expectations" along with adjusting the projected image as you suggest. I just have to shift the projected image to the right as well as trimming down the size of the impact screen.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Libbing View Post
    For what it is worth, I don't align anything by looking at the screen. For full shots, I align the aiming stick on the computer to where I want to hit and then focus on getting my feet / shoulder alignment to be parallel to the sensor pad. So if the screen were a couple of feet offset, it wouldn't affect anything on how I swing. It would look a little funny with the ball streak being offset, but wouldn't impact my alignment or performance.

Same goes for putting. I line up my putts using the aiming stick on the computer. Then I focus on hitting a putt that crosses the two putting strips in an absolutely perpendicular ball path. So it doesn't matter where the screen is for me (other than looking a little funny). I assume some guys don't use the alignment stick as much and they putt across the sensors at an angle as their method of aiming. I think that is a lot harder / hard to know whether you hit a putt on your line or not or whether you just aimed wrong. If that is how you do it, you'd have issues with the offset.

So it all depends on how you use the screen vs the computer for aiming. For me, the screen in front of me is just for the fun of it / better experience. I could have a computer or screen off to the side and hit into a net and it wouldn't matter in terms of how I aim / execute shots since I rely completely on the "manual" aiming feature in the interface rather than relying on the screen for visual cues (i.e. aim by moving the aiming stick on the screen).

All that said, if you had an option to alter the screen size to align it all, that would just look a little better for the experience, but not a deal breaker in my opinion. Just make sure those overhead lights are set perfectly over the sensor pads.
    Hi Libbing,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm a little envious because you have the benefit of hands on experience. I'm with you on the hitting sensor offset. That shouldn't really be a big deal. I would tend to line up parallel with the sensor as well. If I keep my head down long enough - I shouldn't notice the ball streak starting out from a different spot on the impact screen.

Zmax suggested that the hitting sensor be offset, but that I could install the putting sensor "in-line" with the center of the screen. This is probably the way that'll I'll do the install. The effect when putting should be more realistic with the sensor lined up with the screen.

Just have to wait out the "launch monitor announcement" before deciding whether to go for the discount price that ProTee has advertised!

Known entity psace is on a distinguished road
    I agree entirely with Libbing as I do the same on my simulator. I have the projector centered on the screen but my two sensor units are a wee bit to the right of the center line of the screen. Both lights and the cameras are lined up over the two sensor units as well. Never been a problem for me.

In the Zone syhlif32 is on a distinguished road
    Got a marker just in front on the sensor as alignment just like you pick up a spot in front of the ball when outside as aim.
    That said I do sometimes use the sensor as a parallel line to target.

Sand Wedge Vader is on a distinguished road
    Hey guys I'm just in the process of getting my Protee going. I'm running version 2.96k25 of the interface. I'm running it on Windows 8. When I load the interface I can't see the settings button at the bottom. I can see the club and player selection box, but can't get to them. Any ideas? Thanks for your help.

FYI...latest beta testing interface that a lot of guys are using is k29; http://proteegolfonline.com/index.ph...erface-updates

I assume you can see the main interface screen that shows that the system is connected to the sensor and it's ready to go.
    I don't have much experience with Windows 8, but have you tried running the interface as administrator (I assume that is still applicable in Windows 8)?

Hey Libbing thanks for the reply. Ill try to update and run in admin. Right now i'm in the protee interface and its showing that the sensor pad is not connected. I think I have to select the right port, but I cant see the settings button at the bottom to make the change. I can see the player and club selection area but cant get to that even.

Hmm. Haven't seen that before. While you are on that webpage for that interface, there are several other updates you can do there as well (e.g. directX, etc.) - probably want to go ahead and do all of those. I think the protee customer service site has a link for downloading the new courses as well. You might or might not have those on the disk you received with the system. I think those are also available on the page accessed on the link I provided before but might as well get them from the Protee customer support site just in case anything on a particular course changed. Don't download those until you get everything else fixed - they take forever to download.

After you do those updates and run as admin, might want to post the question on the proteeonline.com forum as well - probabyl guys there montoring questions that might not see this one.

I tried the updates and running in admin with no success. I'll post to the protee forum. Thanks

I had to change my screen to portrait and flip it sideways. pain in the ass but works. now I can't seem to get the usb to serial to work. I've installed from the simulator cd and it appears to be working fine in the device manager. It gives me an error description in the protee interface saying type mismatch. any ideas? Thanks again for any help

7 Iron kinitex is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Libbing View Post
    FYI...latest beta testing interface that a lot of guys are using is k29; http://proteegolfonline.com/index.ph...erface-updates

I assume you can see the main interface screen that shows that the system is connected to the sensor and it's ready to go.
    I don't have much experience with Windows 8, but have you tried running the interface as administrator (I assume that is still applicable in Windows 8)?
    How is this working for everyone now? The first few versions of this beta played horrible for me so I reverted back to the latest official release.

Also, does the Protee commonly have problems reading short chip shots?

Anything under 15 yards it seems to be very picky about where I will have to take the shot 2 or 3 times before it finally registers and by then I'm trying to hit it too hard.

I've tried adjusting the min audio required but that doesn't seem to have any affect.

Chips are pretty sensitive to the vcam camera settings / lighting conditions. When you go into your camera setting to play with the sensitivity settings in order to detect launch angle (i.e. pick up the streaks and overlay the red line) make sure you test the final settings with driver, irons, regular wedge shots, flop shots, and chip shots. You'll find that some settings work great for everything except those short shots, so a little tweaking is needed to pick those up. The irons seem to be the easiest to set. The driver can get picky depending on your club color (I have used red and black with no issues, some guys had an issue with white, others don't). I've found the wedges to be the pickiest for detection.

Some guys have said the new interface works better for chipping / short game. It doesn't for me. I don't find the latest interface to be notably better than the last one I was using (can't remember which version - I used numerous beta versions). I think it all depends on your lighting / reflective surface as to whether the new interface will work better for you or not. For example, the new PT5 setting for launch angles isn't as reliable as the PT1 setting for my lighting environment. So I use the new interface, but stuck with the PT1 for all the cameras and it seems to work fine.

If your current interface is reliable, not much downside in just sticking with it and try to tweak the camera setting to pick up chips. If just using the sliders in the cam settings doesn't do it, you could also try to tweak camera device setting (frame rates, etc.)

Just write down all your current settings before you play around too much or you could lose yourself and forget how to get back where you started.

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    Streaming another match tonight. To watch, Go to the link in my signature. Click on the leaderboard tab, then select the Montreal open. Then click on the live link next to Zmax. Enjoy!

2 Iron DjPiLL is on a distinguished road
    Haha thats awesome. I am watching a bit of it now. Good stuff guys. Makes me jealous.

Thread Information