CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
    Hybrid jhp016s is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfmaxxx View Post
    Hey Cklguy congratulations on your dream. If you don't mind sharing, how much did that plunge cost you ? And how long until they ship it ?
    Congrats ckl! Welcome! Let us know when it arrives and we will help you with set up if needed.

3 Iron cklguy2013 is on a distinguished road
    Great, Thanks.

3 Wood Golfmaxxx is on a distinguished road Golfmaxxx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfmaxxx View Post
    Hey Cklguy congratulations on your dream. If you don't mind sharing, how much did that plunge cost you ? And how long until they ship it ?
    Thanks for the reply and that's doesn't seem too much to buy a dream Maybe one day..... take care and enjoy indoor golf !

3 Wood cvclub is on a distinguished road

Guest Players on Pro Tee

Had some guests over and they wanted to play golf.....I usually play alone and online so I am not sure if I did this correctly...how can I get the new players to have default settings while I play w/my custom settings?

It posed a small problem because some of the guests were very fast (CHS) while my settings are tailored to me. Consequently, most of their shots went too far.......

Any work arounds?

bcgc0918
    I have 12 differnt players that play on mine. We all use the default set. I get my distances correct then I get one of the heavy hitters out and we test his distances. I have the second lowest swing speed of all the players on my sim. He has the highest. Never have we been more than 5 yards off from his to mine. A lot of it has to do with how you get your distances correct. I adjust the drag a little and the ball speed a little til I get it right. Even it out between the 2 adjustments and everyone is happy. The guy with the highest swing speed on my sim is 115- 118 and the lowest is 87-90.
    Last edited by Kilroy; 12-29-2013 at 11:05 AM.

Got in and signed up to play......was told I am not welcome because I stood up for Psace when Z went on his tirade......not sure what to make of this

Bogie Libbing is on a distinguished road Libbing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cvclub View Post
    Had some guests over and they wanted to play golf.....I usually play alone and online so I am not sure if I did this correctly...how can I get the new players to have default settings while I play w/my custom settings?

It posed a small problem because some of the guests were very fast (CHS) while my settings are tailored to me. Consequently, most of their shots went too far.......

Any work arounds?

CVC - for your own adjustments, do you primarily adjust ball speed, drag, or both?

With this newest interface I switched to ballspeed only, but I use to use drag only. I tried to adjust both and could never seem to land on the right numbers, although not sure if I have it nailed right now either. But guessing BCGC has the right answer

Hey Lib, I adj Ball Speed and just a few clubs w/drag.......to slow the rollout.......not sure but the problem is more around drivers since a faster player combines with my slower speed adj and the end result is their drives go too far.....I'll keep trying to get it figured out!

We should play again sometime!

Quote Originally Posted by bcgc0918 View Post
    Even it out between the 2 adjustments and everyone is happy. The guy with the highest swing speed on my sim is 115- 118 and the lowest is 87-90.

BC - would you mind posting your swing adjustments by club (using real balls?); would love to see how you've balance the dirty dozen to come out with a good balance between drag and ball speed.

Gap Wedge Harry is on a distinguished road
    Hello Gents,
    I would like to re-install Protee on an upgraded computer. My problem is that I don't have the software disk as it came preloaded on a computer which I purchased 2nd hand. I contacted Protee support to see how best to do this. Do you think this is something I can download on to the new computer, or will I have to purchase a copy of the DVD? Also, within my current install, is there a place I can view the license key that was assigned so I can show my valid purchase? thanks

Ace goatbarn is on a distinguished road
    Got in and signed up to play......was told I am not welcome because I stood up for Psace when Z went on his tirade......not sure what to make of this
    Hah, this can't be true can it? What are we in middle school? Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by bcgc0918 View Post
    I have 12 differnt players that play on mine. We all use the default set. I get my distances correct then I get one of the heavy hitters out and we test his distances. I have the second lowest swing speed of all the players on my sim. He has the highest. Never have we been more than 5 yards off from his to mine. A lot of it has to do with how you get your distances correct. I adjust the drag a little and the ball speed a little til I get it right. Even it out between the 2 adjustments and everyone is happy. The guy with the highest swing speed on my sim is 115- 118 and the lowest is 87-90. .
    I see, so you use the 'ave' as your default setting? Do you adjust when you are playing solo or online? It would seem that your distances personally would be off if you did not do that......

I wonder if we will ever be able to create club sets for individuals........kinda like a long hitter set, a short hitter set, etc,?
    Last edited by Kilroy; 12-29-2013 at 11:05 AM.

In the Zone syhlif32 is on a distinguished road
    Protee (Dennis) recommend adjusting the drag to get the distances right.
    And after fiddling with the settings in Christmas with a very long hitter, med and short hitter around I think he is right.
    Not that I have done that completely. ;-) But that is what I am changing too slowly.

So, you will eventually have one default settings that has been modified using primarily DRAG only? I will be curious to see how that works with your specific game verses guests......

3 Iron cklguy2013 is on a distinguished road
    Silly question, but I'm assuming protee uses the new ball flight rules.. I would think so but haven't seen discussed anywhere.

Known entity psace is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by syhlif32 View Post
    Protee (Dennis) recommend adjusting the drag to get the distances right.
    And after fiddling with the settings in Christmas with a very long hitter, med and short hitter around I think he is right.
    Not that I have done that completely. ;-) But that is what I am changing too slowly.
    Reading between the lines, it appears the error reading the club increases as chs increases. All of the guests I have over on my simulator have about the same chs for their clubs as I have, so maybe I didn't notice any difference.

Like Libbing, I haven't changed the drag settings at all, only the ball speed factor. More for the driver and less for the wedges.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cklguy2013 View Post
    Silly question, but I'm assuming protee uses the new ball flight rules.. I would think so but haven't seen discussed anywhere.

Yes the new ball flight laws are used by Protee. As well there are settings for the gear effect.

RBZ Driver

Had a guest over and the white driver was reflecting poorly and being read as a ball streak.......mine is a black matte Ping so I have no issue....any suggestions?

3 Wood Golfmaxxx is on a distinguished road Golfmaxxx's Avatar
    Had a guest over and the white driver was reflecting poorly and being read as a ball streak.......mine is a black matte Ping so I have no issue...res greaty suggestions?
    I would try using about an inch of white electrical tape one the leading edge of the bottom of the driver and then black electrical tape to cover the rest of it. It works great for the optishot with any driver .Maybe it will work with your protee ?

Cheers

7 Iron THARN is on a distinguished road THARN's Avatar
    congrats Ckl- Im fairly new to pro tee myself- 2 weeks in now-

I just read on the pro tee support that for lift --to get more you use a lower number..? I would think this to be opposite of drag- higher number more lift- lower number on drag less drag--
    anyway- my settings seem to be spot on- except for the driver-I still think it doesnt go far enough- so I upped the lift a hair like .02
    i think i better lower it now- the drag is set at .98 and pretty much for all my clubs i have ball speed at 1.12 and havent messed with anything else. added some drag (1.1 to the 4 and 5 iron cause they seemed to fly too far-now they are perfect) 155 for 5 iron / 165 for 4 iron(right on the money) these are for normal swings- if I crush it the 4 will go 180 and it does in game-- its remarkable how accurate this is.
    my pw- is 85-90 9 iron around 105 - drives are about 220- but they should go about 240 when i crush it- I know Ive lost some distance but I know when i hit a solid drive at the range it should go 240 or more with roll. I am using one of the beta interfaces.
    I was looking for a way to set up my wifes player so she could get extra yards- she is new at golf- and id like her to be able to play some with me- I made a player in the interface with extra distances but it didnt transfer to the pro tee game itself- any ideas?>
    oh- watch out for putting if you raise ball speed with the global slider I think it will screw up your putts- so do it individually.

7 Iron THARN is on a distinguished road THARN's Avatar
    oh one more thing- i think alot of my lost distance is hitting from the mat- If I pick it clean the ball gos about 15 to 20 yards farther on those high irons.. do you guys see this happening sometimes too?

Have had the same experience on hitting the mat and decreasing distance - similar to hitting a shot fat I suppose; one issue I've noticed happening to me is that I set my club down behind the sensor strip, which causes me to accidentally line up with the ball a bit farther forward in my stance than normal (club head in the same spot relative to feet, but the ball an inch closer); when I hover the club over the sensor strip or line up with the club there, I hit fewer fat shots.

Before the latest interface I had only used drag rather than ball speed. Switched to test out the ball speed with this latest interface. Will probably switch back to using drag only or using the combo of drag and ball speed

Quote Originally Posted by Libbing View Post
    Have had the same experience on hitting the mat and decreasing distance - similar to hitting a shot fat I suppose; one issue I've noticed happening to me is that I set my club down behind the sensor strip, which causes me to accidentally line up with the ball a bit farther forward in my stance than normal (club head in the same spot relative to feet, but the ball an inch closer); when I hover the club over the sensor strip or line up with the club there, I hit fewer fat shots.

Before the latest interface I had only used drag rather than ball speed. Switched to test out the ball speed with this latest interface. Will probably switch back to using drag only or using the combo of drag and ball speed
    The sensor row behind the tee is a bit of a hazard so I usually place my club just behind it when teeing up.

I have only changed the ball speed to get accurate distances. I haven't played with the drag since things seem to be fine with just tinkering with the ball speeds. However, once or twice a round I do get excessive chs but don't know if this is due to my settings or not.

Sand Wedge ProTee is on a distinguished road ProTee's Avatar
    Happy Newyear!

Visit our website for more details on our Golf Simulator products (http://www.protee-united.com).

8 Iron craig118 is on a distinguished road craig118's Avatar
    I had a bear of a time getting a HCam ball streak to read, software would detect my Taylor made white woods instead. Once I changed to the PT5 method I was able to tune out 99% of these mis-reads by adjusting grey scale, sensitivity and fps slightly. Also moving your Hcam toward the screen, which PT5 method allows, helps a lot. I still get the occasional pick up of my white driver head and its a bit frustrating. Obviously you will need to use a white driver while tuning to correct this issue. My final countermeasure is to get a new Taylor made SLDR driver (using this problem with white drivers as justification for the $400 purchase ).

Hybrid jhp016s is on a distinguished road
    CV, what did you try and sign up for? I was wondering why some of the regular names from this forum hadn't showed up yet. The more the merrier I always say.
    Last edited by Kilroy; 01-01-2014 at 01:05 PM.

Appears some of us are not worthy or welcome since we have opinions.

Ace goatbarn is on a distinguished road
    Unfortunately, that's not surprising to me.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Can we stop all this nonsense. No more personal attacks. Let's move on and just play ball. No one is banned from joining. Things got heated, words were said in anger and it has been dealt with. Now let's move on. Everyone is free to join wherever they want.

Bubba22, ....you are quick to support others but when there is a clear example of inappropriate behavior by a forum member you call the responses 'nonsense' ?

I agree with PSACE, the only thing being said here is the truth! Why are people banned? Why is any forum member able to selectively follow the rules?

If you want all this to stop then I would suggest that ALL users be reinstated to ALL sites without having to go through any obstacles!

I think that if things/actions were done in the heat of the moment then apologies are needed and perhaps we can agree to move forward with everyone being treated fairly.

FYI, if there are future disagreements than let them be dealt with openly and without prejudice

Thread Information