CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
    3 Wood cvclub is on a distinguished road
    Regarding the new interface.......I am finding that the wedge play is fairly realistic at spinsetting of 17....a couple of minor issues for me though: I can not increase SS above +5 because the editor will not save the input. I was using +9 and with my SS was dead nuts with the PT readout. Now the PT indicates mostly heel shots even though my impact tape shows otherwise. In addition, I am getting way too much distance because of the heel impact....I do have gear effect at -1....business as usual.

Any ideas?

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Things are improving fast Psace. I wouldnt want Protee to stop updates however. If you want we can test them thoroughly before posting. If we do then there may be some folks that complain that updates are not coming enough. For now one can stick to the older interfaces until more is tested by users.

7 Iron THARN is on a distinguished road THARN's Avatar
    Heres a good idea---Z
    take a deep breath and count to 10....

but heres another idea for the game--- Id like to see that we can select what distance green grid turns on- I only need it when im within 10 yards or on the green- I like to see grass when Im on the tee box on a par 3 not all those colors -at this time i select it on /off while playing but it would be nice to have it an auto on.
    Im pretty sure tw 2008 has this in it-

btw- the new beta seems smooth and accurate for me.

Hybrid jhp016s is on a distinguished road
    Tharn. I agree. Not sure if you know this or not, but u can turn the grid on and off by just pressing "g" on your keyboard. Easier than doing on the drop down

7 Iron THARN is on a distinguished road THARN's Avatar
    thanks Jhp- thats not too hard then- Im using a wireless mouse without a table- rubbing it on my leg to move it around-
    sometimes doesnt work too smooth.
    just going over and hitting the G' is much easier.. doh!

Thats a bummer

I honestly dont think either of those thjngs are necessary (stopping the updates, or psace no longer posting). A lot of hard work goes into what happens on this forum to help people with their protees, and sometimes things are interpreted the wrong way, in particular with written communication since you can't see or hear how the other person is saying it. In any case, i hope u both continue to post.

3 Wood thelono is on a distinguished road
    Remember guys, if you are not using the Protee issued interface as posted on their website then you are a beta tester by default. We need to encourage advancements in the software and it's awesome what we get to do. It's fully understandable how frustrating it can be but we can all chose to stop at any given interface update. Adjust settings to your hearts content until you see the game on the screen that reflects as closely as possible your game on real life golf courses. That's what it's all about.

Thanks to Z and Bubba for continued mega hard work. Keep the pressure on Protee and keep those updates coming!

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    They will keep coming guys. I, like most of you, just wanna golf. The sim is very realistic and there is much more just around the corner. Trust me when I say that.

Playing Winter Rules mmlincon is on a distinguished road
    Wow! Everyone just take a breather here! Keep the the updates coming. This isn't Windows with auto update. If you like how it's working then don't F with it. Simple. Telling someone to stop updating is just lame. The majority of us want the updates and improvements. If you don't then don't install it. As a matter of fact get off the beta releases. You can run the official version from the ProTee site. That won't change frequently at all.

Bogie Libbing is on a distinguished road Libbing's Avatar
    Z - all the hard work you do and advice is greatly appreciated here. I've never been part of a beta effort like this and love to see them continue to work on it to make it better and better. Normally you see hear people complain about stuff but it takes forever to see changes. Quite amazing to have the feedback loop on this one.

I had not updated for quite a while since I was happy with mine. Then I started to see the positive feedback and jumped back in. Haven't tried it all out yet given holiday craziness, but look forward to seeing the benefits from these latest rounds

5 Iron mcook is on a distinguished road
    Good point Libbing. Also...if you are going to beta test you are instructed to save settings. You can always revert back to a previous interface and restore old settings. I am appreciative and Thankful for all the efforts to improve the system.

I guess I'll weigh in here as I have been through hell and back with my PT experience!

First, let me say I appreciate everyone's input, especially the depth of 'inside' scoop that both ZMAX and Bubba have access too. The last time I checked, everyone with a PT has spent a ton of money, effort, and TIME trying to reach success. It is only natural to be ambivalent with something as complicated as the PT experience.....I think everyone who jumps in this pool should be respected and treated equally. I do not think we need the kind of rant we are seeing now....ZMAX, I think you get plenty of thank you's and you should relax a bit, we are ALL invested in this project.

I think updates are fine and we have the option to dive in or not. Psace is entitled to his opinion and who knows, based on his own experience perhaps he hit a breaking point and vented a bit...at least it was civil. I too have felt frustrated at times and ready to put my PT on ebay, who hasn't?

Going forward, I would like to think that as we wade thru these BETA tests that we have a solid focal point for feedback. Maybe it's ZMAX/Bubba or perhaps Dennis should have a more responsive HQ person to spread the workload. I am not sure, but I do know when I test a new interface there are many questions (see my post yesterday on Sweet Spot issue..no response yet) and it would be nice to have someone you can talk with and ask questions.

As I reflect on my entire PT experience I would say my strongest criticism has been (and still remains) a lack of knowledge as to how/why things happen in the system. The leaders of this PT experience (ZMAX,BUBBA,Dennis) should always keep this in perspective. It can be very frustrating when you don't really understand the past, fumble during the present, and are uncertain of the future.

I know you guys do a lot but try and remember how you felt when you first started with the PT. It can be daunting......

Thanks for listening!

Steve
    Last edited by cvclub; 12-22-2013 at 10:32 AM. Reason: requested

Shotmaker bubs3141 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMax View Post
    I will no longer post updates.

what the happened???

The issue with Sweet Spot will be resolved Monday.....Thx PT

Quote Originally Posted by cvclub View Post
    Regarding the new interface.......I am finding that the wedge play is fairly realistic at spinsetting of 17....a couple of minor issues for me though: I can not increase SS above +5 because the editor will not save the input. I was using +9 and with my SS was dead nuts with the PT readout. Now the PT indicates mostly heel shots even though my impact tape shows otherwise. In addition, I am getting way too much distance because of the heel impact....I do have gear effect at -1....business as usual.

Any ideas?
    CVC - if it is detecting a heal shot when it is hitting center, don't you have to use a negative number? that's what I was told. My driver needs like a -10 to -15 adjustment

I think you are correct....I am a lefty and my 'normal' adjustment has been +9......

Not sure what to make of this : From PT, We have checked the code and found that the Sweetspot limits are between –5 and 5. We looked it up in older versions and found the same.
    So, when you set the value in the past to +9 or –9, the system would set it internally to 0 (meaning no correction). With the ALT-E we now check if your input is valid. Please try to set the values to 0 and test. This should give you back the results you had when you set it to 9 or –9…

I'll try this at "0" today and report back.....

Tried the new SS setting of "0" using the alt E process and things appear pretty good using impact tape. I would of never known that the limits were -5/+5 and therefore my adjustment of -9 was actually out of scope and therefore treated as a "0". This PT system is full of surprises!

Any other surprises that others have found??

CVC - so you are using the k23 update and you just enter SS=0 and then it works? or did you use another different update or change something else?

Yes, using the latest k23.....and I tried = 0 and it seems pretty close compared to the impact tape. Apparently, when I was using -9 the calc defaulted to "0" all along......the only reason I found this out was because the new ALT E gave me an error msg if a value is outside the expected range -5 to +5.

Let me know how it works for you...fyi, I really want to use SS because with it turned off it assumes a perfect strike and that is not me for sure!

3 Wood thelono is on a distinguished road

Let me know how it works for you...fyi, I really want to use SS because with it turned off it assumes a perfect strike and that is not me for sure!
    Isn't the sweet spot just used to factor in the gear effect? Do you see a difference in ball speed with it turned off? I am under the assumption that with the true ball speed being measured, off hits will already be accounted for just based on where the ball is hit on the face which lowers ball speed anyway.

In the Zone syhlif32 is on a distinguished road
    Also use the K23. Feel the sweet spot calculation on the driver has become better lately. I do use -2.

How do people feel about the driver (club) swing speed?
    One day I feel it is low the next it feels just right.

Have lend out my swing speed radar so can't check against it.

Quote Originally Posted by thelono View Post
    Isn't the sweet spot just used to factor in the gear effect? Do you see a difference in ball speed with it turned off? I am under the assumption that with the true ball speed being measured, off hits will already be accounted for just based on where the ball is hit on the face which lowers ball speed anyway.
    Good point, I did not look at ball speed. I assumed that if the SS was no longer valid we would have been instructed to turn it off. At any rate, I do like to see where I am striking the ball and for the most part I can feel my mis-hits but it's nice to have a graphic second opinion.....

Quote Originally Posted by syhlif32 View Post
    Also use the K23. Feel the sweet spot calculation on the driver has become better lately. I do use -2.

How do people feel about the driver (club) swing speed?
    One day I feel it is low the next it feels just right.

Have lend out my swing speed radar so can't check against it.
    I agree w/you on the driver speed.....it does seem to vary but it could just be me!

I have been using a swing speed radar to double check the driver chs, and it is pretty accurate. Also, SS detection does not affect ball speed calc, Just gear effect. Of course once we have something that measures actual spin, the SS calc will just be informational.

Quote Originally Posted by jhp016s View Post
    I have been using a swing speed radar to double check the driver chs, and it is pretty accurate. Also, SS detection does not affect ball speed calc, Just gear effect. Of course once we have something that measures actual spin, the SS calc will just be informational.
    Good points jhp, Since SS effects gear effect and that can effect flight I guess I assumed that distance would be impacted. My goals are simple, I am trying to groove a repeatable swing that makes better contact so SS feedback is very important to me. I am a classic amateur that needs to focus on the quality of my strike rather than trying to smash the ball....

Merry Christmas......hope you get a new driver under the tree!!

3 Iron cklguy2013 is on a distinguished road
    Hey Guys, I finally took the plunge, and ordered a ProTee yesterday with launch angle camera and putting sensor, was thinking of doing a sub floor, but think I'm just going to order the stance mat from Cory... Looking forward to New Year!!

3 Wood Golfmaxxx is on a distinguished road Golfmaxxx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cklguy2013 View Post
    Hey Guys, I finally took the plunge, and ordered a ProTee yesterday with launch angle camera and putting sensor, was thinking of doing a sub floor, but think I'm just going to order the stance mat from Cory... Looking forward to New Year!!
    Hey Cklguy congratulations on your dream. If you don't mind sharing, how much did that plunge cost you ? And how long until they ship it ?

3 Iron cklguy2013 is on a distinguished road
    Do mean for just the unit itself? I ordered that right off Cory's site, about $6,700 plus taxes, the mats is about $1,500.

I was leaning heavily towards the GC2, but in the end the lefty righty play was too big a hurdle to jump over, I'm hoping at some point a more affordable launch monitor comes along, which I'll probably purchase and use on my own, also updated courses by the way of the eventual E6 II were somewhat appealing.

Good points jhp, Since SS effects gear effect and that can effect flight I guess I assumed that distance would be impacted. My goals are simple, I am trying to groove a repeatable swing that makes better contact so SS feedback is very important to me. I am a classic amateur that needs to focus on the quality of my strike rather than trying to smash the ball....

Merry Christmas......hope you get a new driver under the tree!!
    The good news is by hitting it on the sweet spot more, you will inadvertently increase your smash factor. For every 1/2 inch you miss the sweet spot you lose 7 yards!! Also, if you really want to know where you are hitting the ball and you aren't sure the Protee is giving you good feedback just put some wide masking tape on your club face. After each shot just peel it back a little bit to get rid of the ball mark and you are good to go again. Works for about 15 to twenty shots and is way cheaper than impact tape.

Thread Information