CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
    Playing Winter Rules mmlincon is on a distinguished road

ProTee Golf Simulator

Quote Originally Posted by ZMax View Post
    Divot action mat could interfere with the shadows. I would not recommend it.
    I wouldn't necessarily discount it that quickly. Has anyone tried it and had issues with the sensors? I would consider that a product defect if so. The price seems a bit high for what it is. There are some benefits to this over the fiberbuilt panels. The sensor slots are a lot smaller which would allow you to rest your club behind the ball. I'm curious how this works since the sensors are not protected on the ProTee though. I do see the possible issue of sensor interference but on the other hand the sensors should already have the club readings before you impact the ball and mat. (unless you hit it fat ) I put a regular range mat on my PX5 board and it worked well but not being able to swing down was a bit annoying. This might give you the best of both worlds if the sensors function properly.

Quote Originally Posted by craig118 View Post
    After a couple of weekends , 300 + drivers and half a bottle of Ibuprofen I finally fixed my ball detection issues with the Taylormade white Driver. For those of you having ball detection issues you may want to try this fix. My problem was, even with a perfect ball streak on my Hcam, the software would detect the club head no matter what I tweaked (I even tried Zmax Hcam ball size change =4) . I have had the Protee about 8 months now and never had a problem with this until the last couple recently. My initial cam setup back in March took me less time than I spent on this issue.

I tried a clean install with the 2.96i19 beta, same problem. I then deleted the interface again and fresh installed the latest official version from Protee website ( 2.96i2). Problem fixed. Even though Hcam still showed my club head streak it was now detecting the ball streak instead of the club head. I then installed the latest beta again and detection is still working OK..... weird . Not sure why this install sequence worked when a fresh install of 2.96i19 beta did not?

I hope the new ball detection methods in the upcoming releases are a big improvement over the current .
    This is interesting. I experienced something similar. I have the same driver too. If the new interface doesn't come out soon I may try this. I did change my lighting and it seems to be working but haven't had much time to make sure.

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    I think bubba22 tried it and didn't like it.

bubba22? You no likey? Why?

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Well I did try the divot action mat. The concept is good. I found the mat material not as strong as the Fiberbuilt so it can wear easy. I suppose everything wears and you can always just replace the mat. The clear fiberglass covering it comes with is a great idea. No more cleaning the sensors although I suppose you still need to clean the fiberglass. The mat itself is like the Optishot mat in quality (mayb slightly better I suppose!). The best may be to have the same concept and the Fiberbuilt mat or similair quality.

Eagle SFR is on a distinguished road
    The Divot action pad I had for the p3pro had the areas for the sensors cut out so you could catch the edge of the club in the row after impact and cause damage. Mine had lexan as the clear (plexi like material) that the turf was glued to. Lexan is good stuff.

Are you saying that yours did not have the opening cut through the lexan? I wondered about doing this so the club would not catch but thought it would get scratched and then cause issues with the sensors reflecting through the scratches.

No cutout in the lexan.

I used plexiglass over the sensors when I built the enclosure for my PX5. I was surprised when I got the protee and they were exposed.

So you didn't like cause you didn't think it would last or did you have reading issues? The only thing I don't like about the fiber built panels is the size of the gaps you have to cut so the fibers don't mess up the readings. Just curious if this is a viable alternative.

ProTee Golf Simulator

With 110 pages in the original thread, I think a new thread is needed. Moderator, please move todays posts from the old thread to here and lockup it up. Thanks.

You can try it. The readings were fine. Didn't last. I haven't had to trim my cutout at all. I do like hitting off the Fiberbuilt ProTee better than the Trugolf!

I might down the road. I'm used to the gaps and I do like the fiber built feel. I just wish you could rest you club. Got to get used to the Nicholas method

You can try moving the ball slightly ahead for irons.

Quote Originally Posted by bubba22 View Post
    You can try moving the ball slightly ahead for irons.
    You can definitely do that. Might have to reduce ball speed slightly for irons if you do that.

I rest my clubs just behind the sensors and not resting in the slots. Those 4 more yard tees really help. BTW, I finally destroyed a red one last night.

I've been resting behind the sensors. The problem I see moving the ball forward is inaccurate reading. Well it will read fine, but ball impact and face angle would be wrong. You could adjust for that but the slots aren't that big of a deal.

7 Iron THARN is on a distinguished road THARN's Avatar
    Frame kit/screen and netting are up- software installed- license key given-
    now all i have to do is hang the proj and lights and plug everything in- adjust cameras and should be ready.
    I dont have a ton of time- but Im hoping to be able to play on Saturday for my first test round.

question? can the over head lights be too bright? would that interfere with the readings? is 75 watt halogen too much?

75w from 10 feet should be OK. Floor must dark and non-reflective. Cones on light if needed.

9 Iron Baller is on a distinguished road
    Is the update ready? :-D I can't even play a round... It always misreads my chips and lobs. What do you guys do if you don't hit the green? Or are you all so good that it doesn't happen?

Maybe my setting are whacked, but I hit a shot out of the sand (SW) that really went 60 yards and it goes 15 feet. Then I hit another shot with my lob that I know I hit exactly 50 yards and it goes 85... Happens to me non-stop. It's making me play different shots that I don't want to play just to make the game work.

Hybrid jhp016s is on a distinguished road
    Hey Baller. Have you double checked that the V-cam is picking up the ball streak on your wedges. If its picking up the wrong launch angle it may be calculating the wrong ball speed with the new ball speed calculation method. The only time I have any problems is if I am hitting a fairly big flop shot, in which case the club passes the ball speed sensor before the ball does, thus causing the ball speed to be higher. However on 60 yard wedge shots and very short chips the ball usually passes the sensor first. Also for bunker shots check your bunker setting if you are getting much shorter shots than expected, perhaps it is set for too high of a reduction.

What are your sand settings? Jh is right. Te be update will address that issue jh.

Chipping works fine with i19. Shots out of the sand that only goes 15ft could be a LA camera problem or settings problem. Lob and pitch shots that goes too far is being worked on. Short flops from 25-30 yards in have been fixed in the beta that I have. Still waiting on pitch shots and fix for the new Hcam method.

There are workarounds in the settings for pitch shots but I'm expecting a new interface with fixes any day now. These interfaces that I've been posting here are beta interfaces. I post them because they have coolest features and people here want them. The old interfaces on the Protee support site don't have some of these issues, but they also don't have latest features.

V-cam is picking up the correct launch angle. I've played around with that so much and had side by side screens to compare. It seems to me that my practice and range results are tremendously different than my Protee Play results.

For sand shots, it seems that all shots with my sand wedge will only go a short distance. The same shot with my lob wedge out of the sand and 4 more degrees of loft will fly the green.

I have my ball speed setting at 1.2 for all clubs except my lob and putter. They are both at 1.0.

I'll look again at my Vcam, but unless my settings got missed up, it shod still be good. Maybe if the next update doesn't work for me, I should go back to one of the older ones? Is that what you're suggesting Zmax?

Thanks for the help!

If the next update doesn't work for you then you more than likely have some kind of setup problem. Just everybody that I've remoted into has had setup problems. Have you tried lowering the bunker setting to 20 or 30?

5 Iron mcook is on a distinguished road
    Baller..I ran into the same issue during online play the other night were my sand shots would only advance a few feet even with a good clean rip. I did bring my green side bunker settings down from around 65 to 40. Made a huge difference!

Keep in mind I use AlmostGolfBall and changed my Ball Speed settings similar to what psace recommended. My mistake was I initially adjusted club speed instead of ball speed. My driver was going unrealistically short and the wedges too long.
    Under the Ball Speed adjustments I moved global ball speed for all clubs to 1.2. Moved the driver setting to 1.1. To harness in the wedges I moved the Sand Wedge to 0.75 and the gap wedge to 0.9. The rest of the irons I left alone. Again...this is in part because I use AlmostGolf balls. But if you're finding your wedges to be too long you could bring the ball speed down for them then....at least until the new interphase is released that Zmax is referring too.

In the Zone syhlif32 is on a distinguished road
    Just got back home after 12 weeks away.
    Using very similar setting as mcook in the above post.

Great update on the cams. Had a lot of issues when I last used the Protee back in August. Now it works pretty well.

Did have a couple of very high LA with the driver and some strange club and path reading also with the driver?

I just asked Protee for status on the new interface. If its looking like a week from now, I will go ahead and post the latest beta with some temporary instructions or workarounds.

I am hoping the new interface will be out soon. There's some good changes.

Beta interface k13 will be posted shortly. Includes interim fixes or workarounds. Look for it in the updates thread. MUST follow all instructions!

Done! New Hcam method is not quite finished yet. But here's the latest beta.

http://forum.ottawagolf.com/showthre...l=1#post494442

Btw, you can't practice chips, flops, and pitches on the driving range. They won't work correctly. You have to practice them on the courses either in practice mode or play mode.

Thread Information