CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar

Sens Schedule 2013/2014

I was looking at the Sens schedule for the season, why does Ottawa get stuck with so many games starting in the afternoons on weekends, and the Leafs I believe have one game, besides the Jan 1, 2014 game outdoors. I believe Montreal has 7 games.

I believe Ottawa has 15 or 16 games that start before 7pm.

I don't remember Ottawa ever having this many matinee games on weekends before. Any reasons why?

Medalist imozzie is on a distinguished road imozzie's Avatar
    My understanding is that the schedule actually works to their favour in that it provides the team with additional television coverage on TSN. As a season ticket holder, mind you, it sucks!
    "If profanity had any influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be a lot easier than it is" - Horace Hutchinson (1903)

Posting Sensei justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    Perhaps it is because they have to share the arena with the '67's this year, who also tend to have weekend games?

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
    Perhaps it is because they have to share the arena with the '67's this year, who also tend to have weekend games?
    You would think that the 67's would get the afternoon games then, as the arena is home to the Sens. I just found it a little strange the numbers compared to other teams...

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BogeyGolf View Post
    You would think that the 67's would get the afternoon games then, as the arena is home to the Sens. I just found it a little strange the numbers compared to other teams...
    lots of afternoon games and very few sat night games
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Posting Sensei justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by BogeyGolf View Post
    True, but I believe the CBA for the NHL specifies a minimum number of hours between games - which has an impact on the start times when there are so many back-to-back games in an Olympic year.

Shagging Balls nexxo is on a distinguished road
    supply and demand, this way sens games will still be seen by more people than if going head to head with the leafs at 7pm.

Driver Golfer100 is on a distinguished road
    The traffic and the dumb location of the arena all contribute to the Sens management agreeing to the schedule. The work day evening games are sheer hell for the fan, leave the office at 6pm and sit on the Queensway for the next 1 1/2 hr. The Sens management think/thought that it would result in more bums in the seats. They were wrong. The attendance is the worst in the past 5 years. You will not see the Sens do this next year. As for the Leafs getting Saturday night games it all goes to the bottom line for HNIC, CBC, and the advertisers, the Toronto market is 10 times that of Ottawa.

Fairway Junkie sharkshooter is on a distinguished road sharkshooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
    True, but I believe the CBA for the NHL specifies a minimum number of hours between games - which has an impact on the start times when there are so many back-to-back games in an Olympic year.
    Not sure why the Sens had less than 24 hours between games this weekend, with travel required. Seems a bit bizarre.

Yes, that does seem a little strange, fly back Saturday night, and then wake up the next day and get to the rink to play again....maybe thats why they played poorly on Sunday afternoon....Found it to be a very weird schedule...Yes, Toronto is 10 times the market for CBC, HNIC, etc...

Thread Information