CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    Best cams will be PT Grey usb3. Email them for advice on which one.

3 Iron HRS is on a distinguished road
    My tee is six feet from screen which itself is about 18" from wall. Air damping really helps, even the big hitters don't get balls in their faces. And I agree that the novelty will wear off quickly with many of your friends. I know some folks have winter leagues and a lot of group use but I've only done it a few times and I know a lot of guys very into golf. I guess it's easier for some to put the clubs away for a few months than our obsessed comrades on this board!

Ace wbealsd is on a distinguished road
    We ARE the few (but proud )

2 Iron DjPiLL is on a distinguished road
    If you are looking at GC2 and want to accomodate lefties, forget the HMT. The bar that attaches to the GC2 for the HMT needs to be screwed onto the base of the GC2 with an allen key. If you want to switch the GC2 to lefty, you have to take apart the HMT bar.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    That sucks!

Gap Wedge Steven is on a distinguished road
    Your setup sounds a lot like mine. I had to dig a pit in my finished basement to add some extra height. I only made the pit around 10' Wide x 19' Deep. I do not know any left handed golfers so that was not a concern. The pit started about 18" from the wall where the impact screen is installed. The screen is installed above the pit which game me more room. I put a wedge shaped pillow at the front of the pit to handle any worm burners. I also put some extra pillows in the potential impact area at the front of the pit.
    Here is a list of the equipment I bought:
    - GC2 with the Creative Golf 3D software
    - Truestrike matt
    - Panasonic 8000 projector
    - New computer with a high end graphics card
    - 7' x 12' HQ impact screen from Cory at Par2Pro
    - Two 3 seat rows of theater seating

I agree that you should get what works best for you and should not worry about other users as much. Using the simulator with friends is a blast but 95% of the time it will probably be just you using the sim. At least that has been my experience. This might change as the kids get older and we have more free time.
    I am happy with the Truestrike matt but can't help on how it compares to the other choices. If you go with the GC2 you will have to find good sim golf tees that work well for you. A lot of the tees you can buy that sit on top of a matt break fairly quickly.
    I am also happy with the HQ screen from Cory. I did put some foam up behind the screen and the sound is pretty minimal. I thought I would have to consider some extra noise suppression options but was pleasantly surprised to find that the noise level upstairs is not too bad. I did build a wall to close off the golf room which helps a lot. It is also on the side of the house that is farthest away from the most frequently used areas like the family room and kitchen.
    I love the GC2. I do not believe the GC2 with the protective cradle will work on the position track and I personally would never use the GC2 without the protective cradle. I am not sure if the new protective cradle will work or not. Even if you are a scratch golfer at some point the ball is going to hit the GC2. Whether it is from a friend, child or a rebound from the screen that drops down on top of the GC2. If you do not have any good friends that are lefties I would just set it up for righties. It will save you time, space and money. Like I said 95% of the time it will just be you using the sim.
    I like the Creative Golf software but will defer to the other users on the forum as to which is better. If you have kids I think the games on the Creative Golf software can be a good way to get them interested. Some of the games also make for fun competitions when your friends are over. The one down side is that the Bluetooth connection will not work with this software. Hopefully this is something that will be fixed on a future software update.
    The Panasonic compressor works well but will be overkill for most people. I thought it would be cool to watch 3D movies and it is. It just does not happen very often and is probably not worthwhile. If you do not have a big family one row of theater seating might be all you need. You will find that the second row does not see much use. Granted my kids are on the younger side and I put some really nice, comfortable carpeting in the basement. Most of the time the kids just sit in the pit using a bean bag.
    I posted picture on the thread for new sim rooms. Let me know if you have any questions.

Gap Wedge hula73 is on a distinguished road hula73's Avatar
    Well everything is ordered from Cory except for screen. I have to finalize the size. Just wanted to know your guys thoughts.

4:3 image will be 159.5" x 120"
    16:10 will be 159.5" x 100"
    resolution of 4:3 will be 1024 x 768 and 16:10 will be 1280 x 800. Do you this it is worth loosing 1' 5" of image space for the better resolution for the GC2 golf sim video side?

I am having a separate screen for cinema viewing

Please chime in if you have time

Brett
    Last edited by hula73; 11-11-2013 at 01:04 PM.

Known entity psace is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by hula73 View Post
    Well everything is ordered from Cory except for screen. I have to finalize the size. Just wanted to know your guys thoughts.

4:3 image will be 159.5" x 120"
    16:10 will be 159.5" x 100"
    resolution of 4:3 will be 1024 x 768 and 16:10 will be 1280 x 800. Do you this it is worth loosing 1' 5" of image space for the better resolution for the GC2 golf sim video side?

I am having a separate screen for cinema viewing

Please chime in if you have time

Brett
    Personally, I would take any improvement in resolution over one foot of dimension.

Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    Build as wide and high as you can to future proof it

3 Iron HRS is on a distinguished road
    Widescreen. You want it to fill your peripheral vision. And the resolution and graphics, for a thousand dollar program, are like 8-bit Atari games compared to modern PC games which cost $50. The widescreen res is better anyway.

Albatross HoganWoods is on a distinguished road HoganWoods's Avatar
    Holy cow! Talk about a renovation project!

Well getting in all the hardware now this next week. I will post pictures soon. I got the sub floor built. Knocking out some knee walls on each side of the pit. I decided to pimp this room out. It has been a awesome project so far. Wife is calling it my mid life crisis.

I just purchased a motorized 200" ceiling screen for cinema viewing. What sucks was that i will need 2 projectors. I wasnt going to pay 3K for a motorized projector lift so i made one myself with a linear actuator. I will also post the pictures and drawings for that. The cinema projector will be fixed mounted and the golf sim projecter will be motorized. FYI i have 200$ into to projector lift and it was fun figuring out how to do it.

I am also soundproofing the room. 2 layers of 5/8 sheet rock with green glue between them. i just have to figure out the lighting for the room before i hang it. All electrical items will be controlled by my http://www.savantsystems.com/home_au...d_control.aspx which is already running everything in my house.

I can not thank everyone enough for all the input. Corey @ par2pro is awesome!! I didnt want to put this much $$$ and effort into and make a huge mistake that i would pay for later.

Like i said i should be able to post some pics in the next few weeks

Quote Originally Posted by HoganWoods View Post
    Holy cow! Talk about a renovation project!
    Hogan this isnt a renovation project....i had this drawn up when we built this house last year. Wife gets the upstairs and i get 2500 sq feet of MAN cave downstairs..always been a dream of mine to build a gof sim and home theater room.

Albatross HoganWoods is on a distinguished road HoganWoods's Avatar
    Hogan this isnt a renovation project....i had this drawn up when we built this house last year. Wife gets the upstairs and i get 2500 sq feet of MAN cave downstairs..always been a dream of mine to build a gof sim and home theater room.
    You are the man. Helleva room!

Known entity psace is on a distinguished road
    Lucky S.O.B.!

Pitching Wedge espresso is on a distinguished road
    If i could put the tee at 8' from screen then i am golden....wont i get alot of kickback at 8'?
    Very cool project you got there. I'm setting up a basement sim as well and my room is 17'x10'. Right now my tee is 11' from the screen and I cannot imagine hitting from anywhere closer than 10' in. In my opinion anything less than 9' it way too close. Luckily for you, your ceiling height is really high so once your projector is mounted, if you stand 8' from the screen, you might not cast a shadow on it. Just something to think about.

Putter Brettster is on a distinguished road
    Hey hula73,

I know it's been a long time, but could you please post some pictures of the finished room? I'm looking for inspiration, and your post seems to be the best I've found anywhere - it would help me immensely to see how the finished room turned out, it's dimensions, etc.

Thanks,
    -Brett

Guys it has been a while and i am sorry for not posting sooner. Because of my great luck our house and this room only made it 8 months as my son accidently burnt it all down. Everyone got out safely, but we had to start over. I will include some pics of the final room but please remember i can not take a photo for the life of me

I have included Imgur album as for I cant figure out how to u/l pics to forum .

https://imgur.com/a/oURhp

Golf more often!!!

Brett
    Last edited by hula73; 02-04-2018 at 02:28 PM.

I also put in a 15ft motorized cinema screen and use a 2nd projector just for it as i want better quality. If wanted I can take a few of that. Whole system is controlled by Savant Home automation so my wife can even use it.

Gap Wedge suprmnjl is on a distinguished road
    Epic job bro, im so jealous...

Quote Originally Posted by suprmnjl View Post
    Epic job bro, im so jealous...
    Thanks man appreciate it. A lot of work went into this room!!!

Putter hopperson is on a distinguished road
    Looks great! What ceiling are you planning to install? There's one service I recommend for their price and quality, it's https://vanceiling.com/ I already renovated ceilings in our living room and kitchen, pretty pleased with the result!

Thread Information