100 Holes of Hope

Threaded View

Gap Wedge hula73 is on a distinguished road hula73's Avatar

Ready for install ---now have to finalize everything!!! Could really use some input!

I have included some pics of the concrete pouring and dimensions from my drafter. Everyone thought i was crazy putting in a pit for this but I didn't care..Its my dream.

Let me say from the beginning that Cory at par2pro has been absolutely amazing over the last 2 YEARS as it has taken that long for me to get the house built and of course getting the upstairs totally done for wife before i can start on the basement(2587 sq feet of total MAN CAVE!!!)

Now i have been reading the forums forever and i am down to choosing the right sim. I dont want to spend any more than 20K. Please don't say it is different for everyone on what kind of sim they want. I am looking for opinions.

I can tell you want i would like and hopefully it is possible:

1. Accurate sim- protee or gc2. I want to be able to get better and shaping shots. I am about a 7 handicap. Of course i want it to be fun for the boyz when they come over but i want to use this to really work on my swing when they are not around.
    B. I would like swing analyzer with cameras( i want 2 of them for sure) One looking at the golfer from side and one from behind. I am totally confused on how to do this. I do not want to stop, turn on camera, swing, move video to another monitor, and look at. I would prefer it to be an easy as possible as the goal of the cameras would be to prefect the swing and not be interrupting the learning because I am screwing around on video side.
    2. I would of course like to dual purpose this room as a home theater. When i had them draw and create this pit i got the dimensions from cory on a good size. I did leave a little room for a riser with seats but now i see there will be no way for me to get 2 rows in there without interrupting the person swinging. If ANYONE has ANY ideas on this it would be very helpful also.

3.Can someone confirm for me the image projection? Is it 4:3 or 16:9. Do i need another screen for video? I would really want my movie images is to be 16:9. If so i was think about installing a motorized screen in ceiling just for movie watching. The issue with that is the projector and image probably will be off on ONE of those screens or i would have to re-calibrate the image when i move between screens

FYI the room will be totally enclosed with a big sliding picture window and a countertop with stools behind that so if people aren't playing they can watch from outside the room and have a few cocktails.(this is just and idea--please feel free to chime in on that)

I am installing 2 layers of 5/8" sheetrock with green glue between them for sound control.

Sorry for all the words.. 6 cups of coffee and really getting excited about starting this adventure. Building it will be half the fun for me!!!

Thanks for looking at this people

Brett

GolfSim Room.jpg
    Attached Images
    Last edited by hula73; 10-24-2013 at 05:26 PM.

Thread Information