CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Hybrid oldmaninblack is on a distinguished road

Should I have joined the QGA?

I joined the Ontario Public Players program, only because I found information on the Ontario program easily and my first look at the QGA website which read:
    "How Can I Become a QGA Member? First, you must be a member in good standing in a golf club that is also a member of the QGA"

Are the OVGA tournaments open to a QGA Public member? How about to a GAO Public member?

When and where will the QGA Ottawa qualifier be? My goals don't include winning (I'm struggling to get my handicap back to single digits) but I'd like to compete.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Where do you live?
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Sorry oldmaninblack, I'll expand my question a bit. The OVGA which falls under the auspices of the QGA covers "the geographic area stretching from Deep River, Ontario, in the north-west, east to Thurso, Québec, south to Alexandria, Ontario then west to Brockville, Ontario." If you live in this area, you should probably join the QGA Public Player Program, unless you plan to play the majority of you tournaments in GAO territory, west of Brockville. The info on the QGA-PP is on their website www.golfquebec.org under the General Information link. This will be the 2nd year for the PPP. Let me know if you have any questions. Cheers.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Green Jacket GarthM is on a distinguished road GarthM's Avatar
    My understanding from looking into it (the public player membership) briefly last year was:

No OVGA events (their rule not the QGA's)
    You can try to qualify for other QGA events (see their web site)

GarthM

Hybrid oldmaninblack is on a distinguished road
    I live in Ottawa. I used to belong at Irish Hills, but since they failed to get any better and I was playing half my rounds at other courses it didn't make sense to stay there.

I've signed up for the Mulligan Tour which looks like it will be close enough to competitive golf for now

Thread Information