100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Pitching Wedge sl31 is on a distinguished road

Myrtle Beach trip in December

want to golf in MB this December but haven't got anyone lined up to go with me. Is anybody planning to go to MB in Dec and would welcome an additional partner? pm me if interested for questions, requests...

need to be back by 24th.

7 Iron Tee made is on a distinguished road Tee made's Avatar
    Can anyone here comment on the weather down there before X-mas? Was also thinking of maybe trying to make it down there. Not by any means a fair-weather golfer and happy to have some layers and a toque.

I went there last year for a week just before X-mas. 3 rounds with sunshine up to 20c. light rain on and off for a day. Only one day I stayed away from the course when the wind suddenly went up to 35mph. I needed a day off anyway to take advantage all those discount offerings right before x-mas. The hotel staff told me most of the snowbirds come down after x-mas so it would be busier from January on. I could tell in Dec the traffic on the course and road is light and many tourist related facilities are closed. I thought that is a plus for a golf trip. Overall I enjoyed very much the experience and would want to go there again the same time.

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road
    Average temperature in December is 59 F. It will usually be cool, pants and a jacket, but it can get warmer as sl31 mentioned above. I would suggest teeing off around 10:00 AM.
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Out of Bounds orangeTANG is on a distinguished road
    One thing to add that many people forget, myself included. Even though its warmer down there, don't forget the sun comes up and goes down at roughly the same time as it does here. Not sure why, but when i was there in January I was expecting the 9pm summer daylight we have here.

Driver Golfer100 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by jterpstr View Post
    One thing to add that many people forget, myself included. Even though its warmer down there, don't forget the sun comes up and goes down at roughly the same time as it does here. Not sure why, but when i was there in January I was expecting the 9pm summer daylight we have here.
    As you move south towards the equator the more equal are the hours of day and night. That is why, for example, locations above the Arctic Circle enjoy either 24 hours of sun around June 21st and darkness around December 21st whereas St Lucia enjoys about 12 hours of sun and dark each day.

Got twosome going. Anybody else is interested?

Bogie Kak is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by sl31 View Post
    Got twosome going. Anybody else is interested?
    Hi , what date are you planning?

7 Iron Tee made is on a distinguished road Tee made's Avatar
    I'm heading down to Legends with 2 other guys from the 14th-18th. Gotta make it back to Ottawa for shoulder surgery on the 19th, should be good and loose for that hah

Putter jonb is on a distinguished road
    I am also going down to Legends from Dec 15-20th with my wife and 2 sons. (20's)
    It will be our first time in the area. The focus is on golf not the night life.
    We will try to play at least 27 holes a day + use the practice facility.
    If you stay at Legends do you need a car? Is there anything nearby? (grocery store, restaurants etc.)
    I see there is a shuttle to the other Legends courses(Heritage and Oyster Bay) so that should be ok.
    Any advice would be much appreciated!

Lob Wedge ottylaker is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by jonb View Post
    I am also going down to Legends from Dec 15-20th with my wife and 2 sons. (20's)
    It will be our first time in the area. The focus is on golf not the night life.
    We will try to play at least 27 holes a day + use the practice facility.
    If you stay at Legends do you need a car? Is there anything nearby? (grocery store, restaurants etc.)
    I see there is a shuttle to the other Legends courses(Heritage and Oyster Bay) so that should be ok.
    Any advice would be much appreciated!
    Played the Legends on numerous occasions...Condos are right on site and the property is probably half a mile in off hwy 501....with nothing right around the property....501is a busy avenue with all kinds of bars restaurants , retail stores , factory out let mall basically everything...will be hard to do without an auto...plenty of cabs and out to 501 would be quite reasonable...Grand Strand area is very spread out and difficult without an auto

Thread Information