100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Alexio

Net return simulator series

Hi to all of you,
    First of all, this is unique and great forum and I thank you for all your comments. I was looking for an affordable simulator to practice home. I just bought Optishot following many feedback and i am pretty happy with accuracy . It is now time to find the right enclosure in a confined space. I am currently looking at Net return sim séries but can't find any reviews. Is one of you using it ? If yes, is the noise acceptable while the ball is impacting thé screen ? How many minutes to set it up and set down ? is the impact screen different to other more affordable screens ?

Thank you for your help
    Alexis

Putter Golf Guy is on a distinguished road
    I use the sim series and my thoughts:

- noise is not a problem
    - quality of the image is not great as the screen does wrinkle, it is secured to the enclosure via a sleeve at the top, nothing else
    - one person set up is not possible IMO, especially if setting up the projector mounting, you need one person at either end of the mounting
    - 2 person setup can be up to 2 hours for starters and then gets less with experience
    - take down about 30-45 mins
    - i suggest you use bungees at the sides to make for a less wrinkled screen, but then you need to experiment as impact sound and bounce back issues can crop up (interestingly I had more bounce back from Almostgolf balls than real balls)

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexio View Post
    Hi to all of you,
    First of all, this is unique and great forum and I thank you for all your comments. I was looking for an affordable simulator to practice home. I just bought Optishot following many feedback and i am pretty happy with accuracy . It is now time to find the right enclosure in a confined space. I am currently looking at Net return sim séries but can't find any reviews. Is one of you using it ? If yes, is the noise acceptable while the ball is impacting thé screen ? How many minutes to set it up and set down ? is the impact screen different to other more affordable screens ?

Thank you for your help
    Alexis

Alexio
    Many Thanks Golf Guy for the quality of your answer !
    It gaves me all the informations I needed (especially the fact that I have to set it up myself and that my "room" requires to easily remove the enclosure or screen . I Will now start my new journey as a member of the DIY club
    Thanks
    Alexis

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Be return is no cheap. Save your money and get an enclosure and screen off eBay. Look also at custom design golf and Par2pro.

2 Iron DjPiLL is on a distinguished road
    I have the net return simulator series. I like it. It was a perfect fit for my garage. I originally had their regular net just to see if it would fit in my garage and I could swing all my clubs. Once I knew their regular net fit, I bought the simulator series. They did raise the price on it a few months ago so I got mine cheaper than what they are charging now. But overall it works for me. The side nets also help me avoid the hosel rockets. I only use the right side net since I am RH.

If I ever buy a new house and I can build my own simulator room, i'd get some sort of permanent setup. But for my garage, this thing worked great. If you order from Net Return directly, their customer service is also very good.

Alexio
    Many thanks Bubba22 and DjPill. I trully believe that Net Return is a great net (and they are super fast answering questions posted on their website) but it won't work with my current need (removable quickly).
    Alexis

2 Iron DjPiLL is on a distinguished road
    One thing to keep in mind if you don't need to take it apart you can always move and slide it to one side of the room, say against a wall. I do this in my garage when I am not using it.

Thread Information